PDA

View Full Version : For those that have bought tickets for the tournament in the past...

UKWildcatsFan
01-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Seeing as Gonzaga is rolling and showing no signs of slowing down...it's looking likely they will play in Salt Lake City. If they do, then I would be able to go.

How does you buy tickets for the tournament? Do you buy them in passes to see both games in the day or what?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

KStyles
01-09-2013, 12:09 PM
The tickets come as a three session set. There are four games in SLC on Thursday 3/21 (split into two sessions), and two games (one session) on Saturday 3/23. You can find the link to purchase tickets any of the tournament sites below:

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2012-03-19/ticket-information

Alternatively, you could wait and buy single-session passes (most likely secondhand) later.

UKWildcatsFan
01-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Awesome. Thanks!

kitzbuel
01-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Or, if you are an alum, the GU ticket office will have tickets for GU's sessions available when the locations are announced.

75Zag
01-10-2013, 03:17 AM
At the risk of sounding like a shill (which I am not) I use StubHub to buy NCAA ticket strips except in the very few instances where I have been smart / lucky enough to acquire tickets directly from the NCAA or from a friend with connections. Right now you can get a 3 game strip for Salt Lake City for under $300 or a 3 game strip for San Jose for only $188.99. If you watch very carefully as the NCAA seedings are announced, there are typically hundreds (thousands) of people who are dumping their advance-purchase tickets at one venue in order to buy tickets at a different venue to follow their team. In the 3 or 4 hours immediately after the Selection Sunday show, you can find some pretty good prices on StubHub as there are a lot of people who are motivated to dump tickets at venues where their own team won't be playing. The major problem with my theory is if an elite team that travels well (KY, Duke, ND) happens to also be playing at the venue your team is seeded into. If that happens then you will be bidding for tickets against every neurosurgeon that ever graduated from Duke, and that can be an expensive proposition.

Go Bulldogs!