PDA

View Full Version : Good news, bad news about Thursday's Attendance

ID ZAGFAN
01-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Good News: There are no tickets available for the Bulldog Club to purchase, so the student section should be out in full force.

Bad News: There are not tickets available for the Bulldog Club to purchase, so ZaGranny will not be able to be there.

Seriously, I am really glad the students will be back to create havoc for SMC.

ZaGranny.

ZagMan in Philly
01-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Good News: There are no tickets available for the Bulldog Club to purchase, so the student section should be out in full force.

Bad News: There are not tickets available for the Bulldog Club to purchase, so ZaGranny will not be able to be there.

Seriously, I am really glad the students will be back to create havoc for SMC.

ZaGranny.

Must be your first home game that you will have to watch on T.V. in a long time.

ID ZAGFAN
01-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Must be your first home game that you will have to watch on T.V. in a long time.

Only Illinois this year. I usually figure we'll miss St. Mary's, BYU and WSU at home, plus other big names like MSU last year. Was kinda hoping we'd get tickets for SMC, but when I found out how many students had swiped their cards, I was not optimistic.

ZaGranny

MJGoGaels
01-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Only Illinois this year. I usually figure we'll miss St. Mary's, BYU and WSU at home, plus other big names like MSU last year. Was kinda hoping we'd get tickets for SMC, but when I found out how many students had swiped their cards, I was not optimistic.

ZaGranny

If a Bulldog young man doesn't get up and offer Granny his seat, he can't be a Bulldog by definition. Granny, If you do get to the game always keep an eye on the ball while in play for me.

I once took a Granny (not my Granny) and one of her grandsons to a Anaheim Ducks hockey game. It was a first for both of them. I told the grandson and Granny to pay attention and don't get distracted during play... sure enough Granny got hit with a puck in the third period, and she got most of the work done with that hit in the mouth so that Granny got an upper dencher that same winter. Ahh, section 215 season tickets for first 6 years... and behind the goal the Ducks shoot on 2 out of the 3 periods at home. http://ducks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63642
I miss my hockey tickets and stories like that just make the memories last forever... Granny never came to a Ducks game again with me.

Reborn
01-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Glad to hear the students are back. I'm hoping the gym will be rockin....

kitzbuel
01-08-2013, 07:31 PM
If a Bulldog young man doesn't get up and offer Granny his seat, he can't be a Bulldog by definition. Granny, If you do get to the game always keep an eye on the ball while in play for me.

I once took a Granny (not my Granny) and one of her grandsons to a Anaheim Ducks hockey game. It was a first for both of them. I told the grandson and Granny to pay attention and don't get distracted during play... sure enough Granny got hit with a puck in the third period, and she got most of the work done with that hit in the mouth so that Granny got an upper dencher that same winter. Ahh, section 215 season tickets for first 6 years... and behind the goal the Ducks shoot on 2 out of the 3 periods at home. http://ducks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63642
I miss my hockey tickets and stories like that just make the memories last forever... Granny never came to a Ducks game again with me.
Hope her grandson had a good time at least.

hondo
01-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Good story and very good to hear from you MJ our old friend.

MJGoGaels
01-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Hope her grandson had a good time at least.

Yes, he got to keep the puck.

Hondo, wish we could bbq some brauts and wash it down with some fine brew... my Girls (10 and 12) keep my travels quelled for now.
Cheers.

ID ZAGFAN
01-09-2013, 10:28 PM
good news--it's probably good we did not get tickets for tomorrow's game.

bad news--just as i was settling down to watch Rob and then Ronny, i went out to the kitchen with my juice glass to get a glass of wine. in the hall, i tripped over our lab, Rusty. i fell hard on my right shoulder and face, which caught the glass fragments. so we spent 3 hours in the emergency room--x-rays, cleaning up, etc. turns out i broke my humerus. so it is in a sling. my facial cuts weren't too bad, but i am going to have a couple of shiners--and i had not even gotten over the last ones yet. my right arm is in a serious sling, i have switched the mouse to my left hand, and i am not doing too badly with it--except for the capitals, which are too much trouble. just call me ee cummings.

so we will be happy to watch tomorrow's game at home, and i will be taking it easy for the next few days.

zagranny

zagzilla
01-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Nothing humorous about that IDZ. Get well soon.

ZZ

rawkmandale
01-09-2013, 10:34 PM
I flew back from Phoenix today. At the little bar in the C gate at Sky Harbor, I sat next to Jason, who is from San Diego and attends GU. As I sipped my IPA, he said he was flying back early in the break JUST SO he can add his voice to the Kennel Club domination over little puny St. Mary's.

Let 'em have it, Jason.

EDIT: I posted before I read Zagranny's description of her bad day. SH*T! Get well soon. I recall meeting you at the GU men's banquet last year - you are one of the TROOPERS!

ZagNative
01-09-2013, 10:40 PM
ZaGranny! So sorry to hear about your accident. It's a cautionary tale for ZN, with two cats who are fond of sprawling in the pathway to the vino jug in the kitchen!

Take it easy!

TerpZag
01-09-2013, 11:00 PM
good news--it's probably good we did not get tickets for tomorrow's game.

bad news--just as i was settling down to watch Rob and then Ronny, i went out to the kitchen with my juice glass to get a glass of wine. in the hall, i tripped over our lab, Rusty. i fell hard on my right shoulder and face, which caught the glass fragments. so we spent 3 hours in the emergency room--x-rays, cleaning up, etc. turns out i broke my humerus. so it is in a sling. my facial cuts weren't too bad, but i am going to have a couple of shiners--and i had not even gotten over the last ones yet. my right arm is in a serious sling, i have switched the mouse to my left hand, and i am not doing too badly with it--except for the capitals, which are too much trouble. just call me ee cummings.

so we will be happy to watch tomorrow's game aat home, and i will be taking it easy for the next few days.

zagranny

Wow! Sorry to hear about your tumble...ZaGranny, hope you get plenty of TLC from Mr. ID ZAGFAN. Get well soon!