PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology Fun

titopoet
01-08-2013, 09:40 AM
The new Lunardi project is up. Gonzaga has move in a 2 seed. (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology)

Spink Rules
01-08-2013, 09:41 AM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I completely understand this will change 15 more times before seasons end. But for now, it's kind of fun to imagine if we could actually get a 2 seed in SLC.

jimmy b
01-08-2013, 09:42 AM
wow- love that set up. Too bad everything will change before this could become realistic.

BULLDOG#1
01-08-2013, 09:43 AM
that's a dream bracket.

Zagdawg
01-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Lock it in......lets get to dancing.

Love the bracket!

We owe AZ a little payback.

Virginia Zags Fan
01-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Bracketology fun indeed. I would be equally pleased with a 3 seed out West.

Ekrub
01-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Second round (or third I guess) will have a ton of upsets this year.

gonstu
01-08-2013, 09:51 AM
Interestingly, by my count, we have 7 of those projected "in" teams on our schedule. Record is 5-1 so far (yet to play Butler) with wins over OK, OK St., Davidson, KS St., & Baylor.

Lots could still change of course, but it points highly to our schedule thus far!

(And I think the 1-seed out West is reachable once AZ loses a few in conference! :drool: ) - of course we would likely have to be perfect the rest of the season which is unlikely...:)

Goshzagit
01-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Just our NCAA luck, facing #7 KENTUCKY in the 2nd Round...an ever-improving KU squad with 5 Top-10 5* prospects on their team.

Their only losses are to Baylor, Notre Dame, Louisville, & Duke. All Top-20 teams save Baylor.

Such is Tourney life...sheezz...

Martin Centre Mad Man
01-08-2013, 10:12 AM
He shows the WCC as a one-bid league.

jimmycarter
01-08-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm with you on this one, Gosh. Seeing Kentucky as a potential 2nd round match-up is downright scary. UK might be a bunch of kids right now...but kids grow up.

zagzilla
01-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Arizona is a #1 in the west. If they had lost to CU as the should have, then they would not be a #1. Not saying we would be but they would fall down the S Curve likely below us. As it is now, we are competing vs UA in the West for seeding and site preferences and they have one less loss than they should.

Yes yes... lots will change and hard to predict the future but that blown call affected more than just Colorado though they got the worst of it, no doubt.

ZZ

ZagsBaby
01-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Gosh.

I hope hope hope the team realizes the opportunity they have and go out and play to just destroy every opponent in their path and not just expect to win because they are big bad Gonzaga. It doesn't matter if this is the best GU team or not. Right now, they have the BEST chance at a big run in the NCAA tournament. Win out, please.

GoGU
01-08-2013, 12:38 PM
http://awkwardsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/robert-sacre-dance.gif

FlyZag
01-08-2013, 01:15 PM
I don't really want to face Kentucky before the Sweet 16.

kitzbuel
01-08-2013, 01:22 PM
I suspect UK will not be where they are by tournament time.

Meeting Georgetown would be fun, though if that were to come about.

maynard g krebs
01-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Arizona is a fraud, but will "win" more games in similar fashion, if not as dramatically as the Colorado game. Probably only loses at Colorado and UCLA, maybe Oregon. Three losses at most. Two seed in the west with such a weak #1 is a dream scenario.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
01-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Arizona is a fraud, but will "win" more games in similar fashion, if not as dramatically as the Colorado game. Probably only loses at Colorado and UCLA, maybe Oregon. Three losses at most. Two seed in the west with such a weak #1 is a dream scenario.

Lyons is a very dangerous player with the capabilities to put the team on his back for a few games. I agree with you totally that Zona is not a Final 4 threat this year. A #2 seed behind Zona in the West? Bring that 1 on baby LOL! I don't think Arizona will see the regional final.

We need to stay healthy. Remember to be disciplined about proper stretching and diet. Our athletic staff will be a big part of our success also. Shout out to the Zag trainers and staff. Exciting stuff!!!:)

Val

Oregonzagnut
01-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Kentucky will not be a 7 seed. Any 2 seeded team would dread that selection to face them in the round of 32. Kentucky is having problems playing together. When they learn work together and build teamwork they will be a formidable team.

The sum of the parts (on paper) does not necessarily make a functioning team.

BobZag
01-08-2013, 05:34 PM
From Lunardi's chat:

Conner (Buffalo, NY)

If Gonzaga continue to take care of business and lose only one more game the rest of the season (lets say @ Butler) and win their conference tournament, can they still remain a #2 seed or will they be passed over?

Joe Lunardi (4:14 PM)

The Zags would have an outside chance at a No. 1 seed in that scenario and I doubt very much they would slide anywhere below No. 2.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
01-08-2013, 06:02 PM
From Lunardi's chat:

capital A!!!

My dad would have been so excited. We have to stay strong for him and do this!!!!!!!!

I believe! OZN believes!!! Does BobZag believe? :) :) Maybe? :)

Have a blessed night. Anyways good night and sweet dreams everyone! Catch up with ya after the SMC game!! Wooooo hooooooo!!!!

Val :)

ZagMan in Philly
01-08-2013, 06:19 PM
capital A!!!

My dad would have been so excited. We have to stay strong for him and do this!!!!!!!!

I believe! OZN believes!!! Does BobZag believe? :) :) Maybe?

Have a blessed night. Anyways good night and sweet dreams everyone! Catch up with ya after the SMC game!! Wooooo hooooooo!!!!

Val :)

Val, what ever you took or ate, I want some...woo hooo!!!
#1 seed, just wow.:bishop_smiley:

Oregonzagnut
01-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Joe Lunardi (4:14 PM)

The Zags would have an outside chance at a No. 1 seed in that scenario and I doubt very much they would slide anywhere below No. 2.

I have to agree with the outside chance. But that outside chance is that we do not lose another game. I think everyone assumes just because we are in the WCC we will get jumped over for any 1 seed, even if we are the last ones standing with only one loss. If teams like Duke, Louisville, Michigan, Indiana or Kansas lose 2 games, they will still be considered better than we are based on RPI and conference affiliation.

As fans do we assume we will not get the benefit of the doubt.

dnj116
01-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Tourney brackets scare me... We can beat any team in the country on any given night. However, we can also come out flat and lose to any team in the field. This is our year, I can FEEL it. But man, am I anxious (and nervous) to see who we will actually have to go through to make the final cut of four teams.

Oregonzagnut
01-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Tourney brackets scare me... We can beat any team in the country on any given night. However, we can also come out flat and lose to any team in the field. This is our year, I can FEEL it. But man, am I anxious (and nervous) to see who we will actually have to go through to make the final cut of four teams.

It is scary. Partly because we can see the potential and the fact we aren't even playing in our prime yet. Untimely mistakes and slumps can end a season and we need to work out all those kinks early. I can't yet point to a game where I felt we were 100% firing on all cylinders. Oklahoma, Davidson, Ok St? With Kelly still improving and our team learning to trust our bigs, we have not peaked yet and I hope we can peak during and after the WCC tournament. I wouldn't mind almost peaking when we play Butler though.

GZag
01-09-2013, 07:17 PM
It is really cool to see Gozaga up there as a 2 seed. Even if it does not work out, it is cool.

ZagsBaby
01-09-2013, 07:51 PM
I don't really want to face Kentucky before the Sweet 16.

Don't worry. We've got a long time for seeds to change so I highly doubt Kentucky and GU seeds will match up like that.

besides, Lunardi is totally guessing on match ups. There is no reason to believe we'll even be in the same region as Kentucky.