View Full Version : Pargo article

7ICoug
08-03-2007, 06:50 AM
Don't recall seeing this below. Enjoy.

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/stories/080107aah.html

Hope I didn't miss it.

SWZag
08-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Very nice article. Thanks for the post. One thing I liked was towards the end. I love Pargo's attitude, optimism and confidence.

"We can do anything," Pargo asserted. "We got shooters, we got penetrators, we got scorers...We got everything. This team is one of the best teams in the country, and I think we're going to show that once the season starts."

SWZag

former1dog
08-03-2007, 07:02 AM
Good article. Thanks for posting.

lawzag
08-03-2007, 07:54 AM
Those kind of comments from Pargo are what we need from a Team Captain! Notice how he says:
"We can do anything" "We got shooters, we got penetrators, we got scorers...We got everything."
Think as a team, play as a team, win as a team! :)

"I don't feel like I have anything to prove..." he said. "I'm just looking to help my team win by doing whatever it takes." His unassuming comments, demonstrate he has learned much of what Gonzaga is all about. He's not asking for the spotlight on himself, but rather on the TEAM.

The positive outlook and positive attitude & emotion he and Pendo will generate this year as team captains, will help our new guys develope the confidence they need to show just how good a team they really are!

Way to go Pargo - I am so excited for the season to start!!!:D

MDABE80
08-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Excellent article 7ICoug. Thank You for posting.

TheZagPhish
08-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Those kind of comments from Pargo are what we need from a Team Captain! Notice how he says:
"We can do anything" "We got shooters, we got penetrators, we got scorers...We got everything."
Think as a team, play as a team, win as a team! :)

"I don't feel like I have anything to prove..." he said. "I'm just looking to help my team win by doing whatever it takes." His unassuming comments, demonstrate he has learned much of what Gonzaga is all about. He's not asking for the spotlight on himself, but rather on the TEAM.

The positive outlook and positive attitude & emotion he and Pendo will generate this year as team captains, will help our new guys develope the confidence they need to show just how good a team they really are!

Way to go Pargo - I am so excited for the season to start!!!:D

You said everything I was thinking. Of all the new talent, coaching augmented by Giacoletti, every step forward, nothing makes me more excited about the forthcoming year than getting a glimpse of good leadership and healthy team harmony.

BobZag
08-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Long ago, it seems now, I interviewed Ronny and he said almost the same thing, and sure enough, we had a fantastic season. Ronny was like, "We have shooter, driver, blocker, dribbler..." His English wasn't quite there yet but it's great to see Pargo unknowingly following in Ronny's leadership steps. Pargo loves everything Ira and the 3 frosh bring to the table and I'd bet that is part of his enthusiastic optimism.

lothar98zag
08-03-2007, 09:23 AM
very nice article, w/ good quotes.

plus...

An unprecedented eighth straight West Coast Conference championship and a 10th consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance are givens.

I'm glad that's been decided. I now have 2 less things to worry about...

Oregon Zag
08-03-2007, 10:07 AM
That article got my pulse elevated! 90 days to go...

CDC84
08-03-2007, 11:56 AM
I don't agree with the author's assessment that Gonzaga is going to be a top 15 team in the preseason polls. There are several polls out there that don't even have GU in the top 25. Katz has them in the top 15, and I suspect TSN might, but for the others, it'll likely be from 20-25 or outside the top 25.

I really like how Pargo has spent a good deal of his summer doing camp counseling at various events. These things can really help you build leadership skills. Moreover, I like it when players give back to the game at the lower levels.

ZagNative
08-03-2007, 12:19 PM
That article got my pulse elevated! 90 days to go...
Have you refreshed your memory recently with this Jeremy Pargo v. UNC Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoY3Pb14xQU)? Lots of fun stuff there at the beginning of Jeremy's second year of college basketball.

Oh, and this thread needs a photo!

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/zags/slideshows/111406/r_01.jpg
"Gonzaga's Jeremy Pargo praises an official's call
after getting fouled on the way to the basket
in the second half. (Joe Barrentine/Associated Press)"

Spokesman-Review Album of the GU-Rice game (http://www.spokesmanreview.com/zags/photo.asp?showid=175&photo=4)

TheZagPhish
08-03-2007, 12:53 PM
I'm glad that's been decided. I now have 2 less things to worry about...

Still, we're doomed. ;)

And thanks ZN; glad you keep your holsters chock full of photos to whip out on passing threads!

ZagNative
08-03-2007, 02:37 PM
And thanks ZN; glad you keep your holsters chock full of photos to whip out on passing threads!

Jeremy is so photogenic that I think the folks at SI are going to find plenty of excuses to regularly make him their posterboy.