PDA

View Full Version : Away uni's

Zagsker
01-06-2013, 06:15 AM
So is the black uni our primary away? I like the black but would like to see the blues (maybe even reds) as well

NotoriousZ
01-06-2013, 06:23 AM
I'll pretend you didn't mention the reds.

I would love a throwback game in the powder blues.

Edit: oops I meant to say royal blues, thanks Baldwin.

Baldwinzag
01-06-2013, 06:28 AM
Red's were gross on TV, looked decent enough in person though.

Black's are just not likable or appealing, imo. Players seem to like 'em though.

Personally, I'm still waiting for the royal-esque throwback jerseys(big bulldog patch on the shorts, blue on blue numbers, white/red around the edges, and shiny style):

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0903/cbk.march.madness.cindarella.teams/images/rich-frahm-gonzaga.jpg

bartruff1
01-06-2013, 07:28 AM
As long as they play like that...I don't care what they wear....they are looking good !!!

GoGU
01-06-2013, 07:47 AM
I believe the navy blue is our primary away. IIRC, they wore them for WSU. Black was our alternate, at least last year. I think the throwbacks would be cool too.

HenneZag
01-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Navy is the primary away. There has been stretches where they wear the blacks for consecutive games before as well, probably a thing with "hey" were winning with these so lets keep wearing them.

I like the blacks, but in smaller doses.

B Wayne
01-06-2013, 07:54 AM
During the Santa Clara radio broadcast, Santangelo said just before the game, Brian Michaelson asked the team what color uniform they wanted to wear. The team said black, except Gary Bell Jr. who said blue. It sounds like it's up to the players, and they were doing well with black during the road trip and didn't want to change colors.

TheGonzagaFactor
01-06-2013, 11:54 AM
All of our jerseys are awesome looking, but the black ones are the best. Some of the best in the country IMO.

ZagLawGrad
01-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Yeah, what happened to those nice blues?

Red's were gross on TV, looked decent enough in person though.

Black's are just not likable or appealing, imo. Players seem to like 'em though.

Personally, I'm still waiting for the royal-esque throwback jerseys(big bulldog patch on the shorts, blue on blue numbers, white/red around the edges, and shiny style):

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0903/cbk.march.madness.cindarella.teams/images/rich-frahm-gonzaga.jpg

Mantua
01-06-2013, 12:07 PM
I wish they'd wear the clean classic navy.

Please don't revive Fischer-Price blues.

Zagsker
01-06-2013, 04:25 PM
I wish they'd wear the clean classic navy.

Please don't revive Fischer-Price blues.

Agree on the FP blues....they look like the halloween costume you buy kids to wear....I love the reds and do not hold any suspicious voodoo on them

UberZagFan
01-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Just be thankful that GU does not have those ugly slate gray or whatever it's called. It was really hard to watch that game against OK ST when they had those puke unis on. Not only are they ugly but the contrast is so horrible it's hard to even watch the game.