• Show
Clear All
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

Opening Line for SCU

Zags -6.5

Now at -5.5
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor
  • raise the zag
    Zag for Life
    • May 2011

Santa Clara's hype is thru the roof this season.

could very well be the real deal, yet every year a WCC team not named Gonzaga receives this type of national recognition, they typically disappoint. Save St Mary's the last couple years, although they were guilty of this until very recently.

wow, we were favored by almost double that vs all the Big-12 teams we've played.

-5 seems low given the two teams accomplishments and track record, and sure, we could be upset, yet still seems too low.

not much respect in that line if you ask me.

Comment

• DZ
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2007

I think that it shows respect for how tough the conference season is - - all these teams know each other so well, it is hard to justify laying big points.

I don't just mean the WCC "conference season" but more so just how different it is to play teams that know each other so well.

Five points for the number 10 team in the nation is a ton of respect for SCU but they have always played us tough, even when they sucked, so it sounds about right to me.
      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
      Mark Twain.

Comment

• NEC26
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

If I was a gambling man I would definitely be laying some cash down on the Bulldogs.

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2008

SCU sure is getting a lot of kudos and respect for a game they lost.
          What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• NEC26
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CaliforniaZaggin' View Post
            SCU sure is getting a lot of kudos and respect for a game they lost.
            Yes, and I watched Duke play Davidson and they basically played just as well as SCU did.

Comment

• rennis
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2007

this game in a nutshell can make or break their year. Odds makers aren't the best when it comes to evaluating CBB games, at least compared to a lot of pro sports, but they understand that SCU is both a capable squad and will likely play their best basketball of the year tomorrow night

and it still won't be enough.

Originally posted by Coach Few
              We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• Crazy
                Kennel Club Material
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                I think that it shows respect for how tough the conference season is - - all these teams know each other so well, it is hard to justify laying big points.

I don't just mean the WCC "conference season" but more so just how different it is to play teams that know each other so well.

Five points for the number 10 team in the nation is a ton of respect for SCU but they have always played us tough, even when they sucked, so it sounds about right to me.
                i won't say, that the Zags go undefeated through the WCC but from the feeling the WCC besides Gonzaga is pretty weak this season(i only compare it with the last 3 seasons).

But SCU is the positive surprise this season, and BYU also make a statement in the last game but there was just a few remarkable win from wcc teams beside Gonzaga.

Comment

• Zag4Hire
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by rennis View Post
                  Odds makers aren't the best when it comes to evaluating CBB games
                  Funniest thing my bank account has heard in a long time.
                  IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2011

I think Santa Clara's chemistry and motivation may be superior to our at this point in time. We all know they want to beat us more than any other team all year. This is their biggest game of the year by far. They will be as focussed as Pepperdine was and SCU is better than Pepp.

We have to be very focussed on OUR game and tune out ALL other distractions and EXPECTATIONS that affect that focus and confidence.

This game will be about SCU showing they have the skill and fortitude that will overcome our skill and fortitude AND size. they will have to be that much more accurate and tight knit. TO's will determine this game and it will come down to FT's again.
                    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Gray'sAnatomy
                      OZN, with all due respect (and you know I love you) - but have you lost your mind?

SCU's chemistry is better than ours? Didn't our boys just run through a buzzsaw of a schedule and come out with one loss to a top 15 squad?

I have to disagree with you on that point.

However, I would not be surprised if we are a 2 loss team after tomorrow night, SCU is scary good, and will give us all we can handle tomorrow night.
                      Hook line and sinker GA.

Notice the "may be" words deliberately positioned in front of my statement. It is in there to give me an out. All I am saying is SC has been preparing for us all year. Our fluidity and chemistry was at its peak after the OSC IMO.

I saw a "discomboobalated" team against Pepp for the first half. Just my opinion. I believe this is the peak for SC if they can execute. This is what they have been working for all year. Thats all I'm saying.

This is the real trap game IMO, and yes I said boob.
                      “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• TheGonzagaFactor
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by raise the zag View Post
                        ...yet every year a WCC team not named Gonzaga receives this type of national recognition, they typically disappoint. Save St Mary's the last couple years, although they were guilty of this until very recently...
                        SMC has disappointed every year aside from the one S16 run. They have as many 1st round exits since 2006 as we do in our 14 consecutive NCAA appearances. They beat us occasionally and that's all they have.
                        "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2008

Seth likes us, 78-70

"The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
                            Bleeds Bulldog Blue
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
                            TO's will determine this game and it will come down to FT's again.

John Sisk used to call this "the divided mind."
                            You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by NEC26 View Post
                              If I was a gambling man I would definitely be laying some cash down on the Bulldogs.
                              That's why gamblers say not to bet on your team. They also say early money is smart money, so if the line has come down.....

Comment

Working...
                              X