• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Section 116
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Post game radio-Pepperdine

A little from Santangelo and Hudson first. Santangelo noted the WCC is a different brand of basketball. GU is built to play a national schedule. (Perhaps someone can elighten me on that one)! It's just a little different in the WCC. Stockton was the spark tht made the difference tonight. It took till late in the second half for the Zags to pull away and even then they had to grind it out. One of the few, if not the first time this year the Zags didn't come out and get a good start in the second half. Pepperdine came out and scored the first four. Big plays in the game were Barham's three, and the foul Stockton took and then Zags ball again. And Hart, while on the floor, throwing the ball out to Pangos for a three. For significant sretches of the game Stockton was the best guard on the floor.

Stockton post game guest. He noted Pepperdine came out with the "swag" and they jumped on us. He said after flying in from Stillwater into sunny southern California, it's hard to get up in the morning and practice. That kind of weather is something we're not used to up in Spokane. Asked about coming off the bench Stockton said he knew he would have to provide some energy. He said he is trying to finish over the big guys, or scoop it under, it's kind of like a chess game when you go inside, how do you finish. He went on to say we need the bench guys to step up, not everyone plays well every night. Said Santa Clara is a tough place to play. We'll get up tomorrow and start focusing on SCU.

Hudson noted when March comes arond no one will notice how this game was played it will just show as a win on the won loss record.

I'm going to post this now. It appears there will be no post game coach interview. If there is I'll attempt to edit this and add it.
  • gozagswoohoo
    Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
    • Feb 2007

Love the 'chess match' comment.

Great. Thanks for posting.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• DZ
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2007

I am curious, also, about the line re: "zags are built for national schedule" versus what we find here in the WCC.

It is just so ridiculously obvious when one is watching a WCC baskeball game, not making excuses either way, its just sooooo many whistles, guys get into certain areas and it is just a "known" that a whistle will bale them out.

Incredible difference between the games v. Baylor and OKST and the one against Pepp.
      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
      Mark Twain.

Comment

• rennis
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

Exxxxxxactly. GU is built for big physical teams and tournament wins (see West Virginia, 2012.)

The quick, undersized WCC teams give us fits. It is the eternal compromise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        Originally posted by Coach Few
        We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• willandi
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

I watched the OSU game with my Mother, in Missoula, and told her about the Zags propensity to play even for the first half and start the second half hot!. They sure didn't do that against Ok State. I hope that they will continue to do that, but would more like to see a first half blow-out, and then keep the margin!
          Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Working...
          X