PDA

View Full Version : - - -GUnit of the Game- - - (Pepperdine)

gozagswoohoo
01-03-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm not gonna lie and say this was the MOST exciting game of the season...

But it's a dub. And you know what they say, a dubs a dub. And dubs add up. Keep gettin those dubs and we'll be rollin on dubs.

Bocco
01-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Stockton-Hart....voted for other since there were only 3 choices Pangos, Bell, Harris listed originally.

NEC26
01-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Went with Stockton. Thought he played outstanding defense and was the spark especially in the first half. Great to get a win on the road even if it seemed a little sloppy.

ZagNative
01-03-2013, 08:20 PM
This was my worst, most-half-assed job of picking a G-Unit, but I'll say it: I picked Hart.... Should have picked Stockton ... Damn!

krozman
01-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Stockton may have been very efficient while on the court, but Harris far more instrumental in that victory IMO.

rennis
01-03-2013, 08:25 PM
I will say Hart since pretty much everyone else who typically starts played at about 4/5ths speed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GZag
01-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Stockton-Hart

Second that. Stocks got my vote over hart for the O as well.both players crucial.

That said, nobody lacked except, I am sorry to say Edi. But, I know Edi is going to have his game too and Pangos will feel better.

I love this team! So far, best ever!

GZag
01-03-2013, 08:27 PM
This was my worst, most-half-assed job of picking a G-Unit, but I'll say it: I picked Hart.... Should have picked Stockton ... Damn!

Dude. Follow your Hart! It is all good!

hooter73
01-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Considering Pepperdine was the better team tonight, i dont know who to vote for.

GZag
01-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Considering Pepperdine was the better team tonight, i dont know who to vote for.

No! You can't mean that?

rennis
01-03-2013, 08:35 PM

Uhhhh, scoreboard?

SMH...some fans...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reborn
01-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Harris...18 points in 23 minute.

fedwayzag
01-03-2013, 08:48 PM
I went with Stockton. Made a huge diff in the first half. Took what they gave him. And 4 steals which lead to some easy baskets.

Oregonzagnut
01-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Showed solid play in the back court when Pangos and Bell were not at their best. Stockton was tonight and did not get flustered. His steals (4) seemed to bring us back and his three was a turning point.

I would have to give this G-Unit to our bench/depth. And David Stockton exemplified that tonight.

Mantua
01-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Harris is our bread and butter.

It was great to see Stockton play with so much energy and smarts and Barham looks like he can make a difference. The bench may catch fire during WCC play.

bigblahla
01-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Yep, I think Stocks deserves the nod. The Waves have something to build on. Their big guy was huge. Time to get the Broncos.

Go!! Zags!!!

Ekrub
01-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Living up to my promise in the game thread I voted Stockton. Harris a close second.

kitzbuel
01-04-2013, 02:54 AM
Given that this was a game that had a hard time holding my attention (was working at the same time), Stockton gets it since he was the name that got called the most causing my to jerk my head up and look at the TV.

teacher56
01-04-2013, 04:09 AM
OK...Call me dumb...

But this basketball shorthand sometimes stumps me.

What the hell is a GUnit?

And it it for one game at a time or for two games in a row or for the season so far?

Is it for one player or for the best 5 players on a given game?

Jusy asking

Birddog
01-04-2013, 04:29 AM
OK...Call me dumb...

And it it for one game at a time or for two games in a row or for the season so far?

Jusy asking

Vote for best single player (in your view) in a win (single game).

Birddog
01-04-2013, 04:30 AM
I voted Stockton, tough choice again, but he got things going.

gozagswoohoo
01-04-2013, 05:42 AM
OK...Call me dumb...

Jusy asking

A GUnit has nothing to do with basketball, it was just a goofy term I made up like 5 years ago when discussing the player of the game. The 'GU' part of GUnit is obvious (Gonzaga University). And putting it together to make GUnit.....came from a 50 Cent rap song. Lol. But we used this goofy name to refer to our plate of the game a few times back 4-5 years ago, and it stuck.

But it's our term/poll for 'Player of the Game'.

Edited to add: Sometimes we WILL pick a "GUnit of the season" or something random like that. But it's just a dumb (but much more awesome) way of saying PLAYER of the game/season, etc.

Basically, we took a poll, and out of all of the basketball forums on 'the internets', we are 4 times more awesome because we say "GUnit" instead of just a boring "Player" of the game.

NotoriousZ
01-04-2013, 06:18 AM
I'm not gonna lie and say this was the MOST exciting game of the season...

But it's a dub. And you know what they say, a dubs a dub. And dubs add up. Keep gettin those dubs and we'll be rollin on dubs.

Dude, Romar's looking for his dubs. Now they're just the U (U-blank). And here we find that you're hoarding them, for shame!

I went with Stockton.

77Zag
01-04-2013, 07:42 AM
"E" --- Consistent, consistent, consistent ....

Stocks a VERY close second.

Go Zags! Beat SCU!!!

gu03alum
01-04-2013, 08:30 AM
This was my first time I have ever picked Stockton. He has really impressed me and I feel very comfortable with him being the backup point guard.

bballbeachbum
01-04-2013, 08:56 AM
David. Still loving that rebound David pulled from that 7 foot OKStater Jurick in Stillwater, but last night he came in, along with other bench players, and got it done. The bench was great last night

SWZag
01-04-2013, 11:38 AM
I feel Stockton stopped a few of Pepperdine's momentum spurts with steals and easy buckets. Between him and Hart, they did a lot of the small often-unnoticed things.

Watching the game tho, you are hearing Hart's name more and more in terms of the little things he's doing on the court. Not just the "he's a scrappy player" bit. Teams are going to have to figure him out just as much as they are the big scorers on the team.

SWZag

gamagin
01-04-2013, 12:24 PM
I feel Stockton stopped a few of Pepperdine's momentum spurts with steals and easy buckets. Between him and Hart, they did a lot of the small often-unnoticed things.

Watching the game tho, you are hearing Hart's name more and more in terms of the little things he's doing on the court. Not just the "he's a scrappy player" bit. Teams are going to have to figure him out just as much as they are the big scorers on the team.

SWZag

exactly.