PDA

View Full Version : Stat of the night

Sarenyon
12-31-2012, 04:36 PM
GBJ's late 3 was huge, and the turn-overs hurt us (mostly in the first half) but the stat I just read off of ESPN really shows something.

Gonzaga out-rebounded Oklahoma State 33-18.

Wow.

Good job on the boards guys!!!

Now let's go into the legue and show the WCC that the crown that is rightfully ours!

MTZag03
12-31-2012, 04:40 PM
For some reason it didn't feel like we out rebounded them by that much. Maybe that's why it's so surprising. I don't remember many offensive rebounds for sure.

caduceus
12-31-2012, 04:41 PM
7 of Olynyk's 9 rebs were offensive. Many tip ins!

Hoopaholic
12-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Of their 18 only 7 offensive boards exceptional job by zag team

Reborn
12-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Rebounding was a good stat. They made up for our turnovers.

The stat of the night,imo, was free throw shooting. Gonzaga 15-18 vs Ok State 7-11. Nice to shoot free throws that good when we're in a very big game.

JPtheBeasta
12-31-2012, 04:47 PM
I thought it was going to be illegal-screens-gotten-away-with for Okie St.

Sarenyon
12-31-2012, 04:48 PM
I agree on the Free Throws too. Look at the last 5 games or so and our FT % is actually pretty good. I think we put the bad FT's away for good (at least I hope so).

bartruff1
12-31-2012, 04:56 PM
I never want to be "that guy" and maybe I don't know what a illegal screen is and my vision is not so good, but I thought they set at least a half dozen illegal screens that were not called ??....Alls well that ends well and the team played with great poise and confidence even when Gary was injured... Happy New Year indeed...

Mantua
12-31-2012, 05:04 PM
83.3% from the line. OSU fouled the wrong guys-Pangos, Olynyk and Harris.

Bogozags
12-31-2012, 05:05 PM
I never want to be "that guy" and maybe I don't know what a illegal screen is and my vision is not so good, but I thought they set at least a half dozen illegal screens that were not called ??....Alls well that ends well and the team played with great poise and confidence even when Gary was injured... Happy New Year indeed...

Bart,
You are absolutely right...at least six for sure and most probably more...feet must be set no more than shoulder width apart and the pick that knocked KP down and into GBJ was a prime example of an illegal screen...don't understand why officials are not calling those.

hooter73
12-31-2012, 05:08 PM
my stat of the night is that Pangos and KO scored 44 of our 69 points. Harris is working hard to play himself right back into Euro ball with lines like 7pts and 5 rebounds. Ive pretty much forgotten what its like to have five players on the court that can score the ball all at once. Doom, DOOM i tells ya!

No but seriously we've got to get some scoring back from some of the other guys.

scrooner
12-31-2012, 05:31 PM
I thought it was going to be illegal-screens-gotten-away-with for Okie St.

Completely agree. Jurick set a bunch of illegal screens throughout the game, freeing their guards for wide-open midrange jumpers. Ironic to see KO pick up his 4th foul on a screen where he was stationary, after watching Jurick get away with throwing elbows & knees on his screens all game long.

SteelZag
12-31-2012, 05:45 PM
83.3% from the line. OSU fouled the wrong guys-Pangos, Olynyk and Harris.

Early season FT% was pretty much skewed from players attempts at line. Too call Dranginis or Stockton poor FT shooters with less than a dozen attempts is somewhat premature. In the WSU game we missed a couple of crucial FT's but I'm really happy with the way they shot them tonight.

Happy New Year's.

sittingon50
12-31-2012, 06:08 PM
DS has a way's to go to get up to the 59% he shot last year.

rawkmandale
12-31-2012, 06:12 PM
For some reason it didn't feel like we out rebounded them by that much. Maybe that's why it's so surprising. I don't remember many offensive rebounds for sure.

Mike Hart was credited with 5 offensive rebounds, to go with Kelly's 7 and 1 by Sam.

SteelZag
12-31-2012, 06:14 PM
DS has a way's to go to get up to the 59% he shot last year.

Can't disagree, but at least give him a chance to fail. Just not in a close game.