PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma State message board

Section 116
12-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Here is a link to the OSU message board thread regarding GU-Baylor. Mostly, though it turns into OSU fan's thoughts on the upcoming GU-OSU game:

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/gonzaga-preview-tonight-baylor-gonzaga-7-pm-on-espn2.158775/

ZagNative
12-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks! That's a fun board to read, though they are exceedingly confident of a win. I liked this post:
Gonzaga has no idea the sh!t storm that they are entering. We will bring the rowdy and iba will be rocking... If we show up and play solid defense then I see us laying the smack down.

MDABE80
12-29-2012, 12:54 PM
BUT never as funny or fun as the Kansas State Board. Those guys have a sense of humor.

MTZag03
12-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Wow those fans are drinking the OSU koolaid. Most of them think we'll just be a pushover. They act as if our guards are 1 star recruits. I did notice that they never mentioned Elias on their board. Hopefully OSU overlooks him too.

gueastcoast
12-29-2012, 01:18 PM
I thought we had a homer board in some respects...reading theirs gave me vertigo. Sounds like playing the game would just be a waste of time :vomit-smiley-007::vomit-smiley-007:

CarlWeathers
12-29-2012, 01:59 PM
To be fair the first page is nothing but respect. Page 2 is quite the opposite. We've surpassed our own expectations to this point so some of our fans are happy to down some orange kool aid. The last few years haven't been kind to us.

We know it'll be tough, you guys have diced up our conference to this point. Oh and Murphy has played in every game this year. Hes thin but very active on the boards and has yet to be pushed around. This will be a big challenge for him and cobbins, both around 6'8 215.

jazzdelmar
12-29-2012, 03:17 PM
The only OSU Alim whose opinions I value is my man T. Boone Pickens. A great American with the answer to our dependence on foreign oil and how to create jobs. Shame he is not younger, he'd get my vote for President any time!

mrs boone, the ex i believe, lives in our town and she is a tyrant. not a good neighbor, suffice to say. one assumes t-boone, who would chopper in once in a while, is a nicer fella.

willandi
12-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Funny how they found a thread started by a poster with under 50 posts, and assume it means the Zag fans think we will lose! I think they have 2 good guards at 6'4 and 6'3, and their bigs can hold off our 2 bigs (I wonder which 2 of the 4 they are counting).
I would guess that Hart will start again, and cover Smart, with Edi and Drangs also taking turns.
I noticed in the intro against Baylor, they listed Pangos as 6'2. Has he grown? I thought all our guards were 5'5 or less!

BTB
12-29-2012, 03:41 PM
BUT never as funny or fun as the Kansas State Board. Those guys have a sense of humor.

Did you read the thread about Rem's threetar on there? I was cracking up the whole time! They are hilarious over there

hooter73
12-29-2012, 06:48 PM

i loved those guys. the Baylor board was pretty decent too, but more friendly and not as self deprecating.

eliezar
12-29-2012, 09:37 PM
My wife and I drove up to OKC from Dallas for both the OSU and OU games the Zags played there a few years ago. While the OU fans around us were very respectful and had lots of nice things to say about the Zags, the OSU fans on the other hand were rude and disrespectful from the moment we sat down in that sea of orange. One OSU fan even purposely poured soda into my wife's purse. I have respect for OU fans but none for OSU. I hope we beat the crap out of OSU.

It was a pleasure to finally be at a game with a Zag crowd at the BIS this year.

bostonzagfan
12-29-2012, 10:03 PM
My wife and I drove up to OKC from Dallas for both the OSU and OU games the Zags played there a few years ago. While the OU fans around us were very respectful and had lots of nice things to say about the Zags, the OSU fans on the other hand were rude and disrespectful from the moment we sat down in that sea of orange. One OSU fan even purposely poured soda into my wife's purse. I have respect for OU fans but none for OSU. I hope we beat the crap out of OSU.

It was a pleasure to finally be at a game with a Zag crowd at the BIS this year.

depending on your size and the size of the other guy, you should have knocked him out. otherwise got an usher to kick him out. i hate when people have no respect for women.

MDABE80
12-30-2012, 12:57 AM
Well then. We should beat them by 10-20. Elementary! I think we will. Kansas State and Baylor have brought a very nice edge to the team.

Zagcity
12-30-2012, 07:41 AM
One OSU fan even purposely poured soda into my wife's purse. I have respect for OU fans but none for OSU. I hope we beat the crap out of OSU.

I hope it was'nt a Coach :pray:

primal23
12-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Can't we keep the political crap off the BBALL board please.

Oregonzagnut
12-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Mike Tyson was shorter than virtually all the boxers he faced professionally at 5'10".

It isn't the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog.

Period.

ZagNative
12-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Can the Mods please delete all subsequent posts that hijack this thread with political references? Sheesh....

TheZagPhish
12-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Can the Mods please delete all subsequent posts that hijack this thread with political references? Sheesh....

+1

Zag4Hire
12-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Apropos to nothing, the current Big 12 standings:

Big 12 Conf All

Gonzaga 4-0 12-1

Kansas (6) 0-0 11-1

Oklahoma St. (22) 0-0 10-1

Kansas St. (25) 0-0 10-2

Iowa St. 0-0 9-3

Oklahoma 0-0 8-3

TCU 0-0 9-4

Baylor 0-0 8-4

Texas 0-0 8-5

Texas Tech 0-0 6-4

West Virginia 0-0 7-5

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-31-2012, 02:22 PM
There is a nice little reference to K.O. in this thread. I can't figure out how to paste the image, so I'll just direct you folks to it.

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/prediction-nash-goes-off-tonight.158934/

RenoZag
12-31-2012, 05:36 PM
From the OSU "Orange Power" forum:

The Canuck is studly. Great game

ZagLawGrad
12-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Another off their game thread:

OKLAHOMA STATE SHOULD NEVER SCEDULE GONZAGA AGAIN!! NEVER!!

Reborn
12-31-2012, 05:39 PM
Another off their game thread:

I like this one the most.

Zagdawg
12-31-2012, 05:40 PM
They are getting "Romars Yellow disease".

If you can't beat them....don't schedule them.

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-31-2012, 05:43 PM
Which Canuck? Both Kelly and Kevin burned them pretty hard. ;)

RenoZag
12-31-2012, 05:44 PM
Zags - 5

Big 12 - zero

JPtheBeasta
12-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Zags - 5

Big 12 - zero

Booyah

Bogozags
12-31-2012, 05:50 PM
They are getting "Romars Yellow disease".

If you can't beat them....don't schedule them.

FUNNY!:roll:

caduceus
12-31-2012, 05:52 PM
Zags - 5

Big 12 - zero

No doubt that will make a great story line come Selection time. Maybe we should've scheduled Kansas too.

BTB
12-31-2012, 05:54 PM
Funny, we won and they're saying we are a great team. I have a feeling if we'd have lost theyd be saying its not that great of a win and that we're overrated

ridgebackzag
12-31-2012, 06:54 PM
Zags - 5

Big 12 - zero

Seth Greenberg tweeted that stat after the game. It's going to help us in March depending on how that conference plays out. I wish we had a few physical teams in the WCC to keep giving us a taste.

Sent from my Nexus 7

RenoZag
12-31-2012, 06:58 PM
Seth Greenberg tweeted that stat after the game. It's going to help us in March depending on how that conference plays out. I wish we had a few physical teams in the WCC to keep giving us a taste.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I don't think we have to worry about any WCC team not being physical. . .they will use up their fouls. . .

Speaking of tweets, Jay Bilas commented on KO's "cylinder interference" no call ( in Jay's opinion)

Kelly Olynyk touched that ball in the cylinder. No question. But, Pangos was hit on head before that. Refs missing a few here in good game.

webspinnre
12-31-2012, 08:36 PM
So, checking their board, they're pulling out their national titles against us. 2 titles, back in 1945 and 1946 by Oklahoma A&M (as they were called at the time). Obviously I'd love to have national titles, but in comparing programs, I'm not sure how relevant 60+ years ago is.

Bocco
12-31-2012, 08:39 PM
So, checking their board, they're pulling out their national titles against us. 2 titles, back in 1945 and 1946 by Oklahoma A&M (as they were called at the time). Obviously I'd love to have national titles, but in comparing programs, I'm not sure how relevant 60+ years ago is.

oh about as relevent as USF's title 50+ years ago are

Zagsker
12-31-2012, 08:53 PM
SanditeCowboy must be Eddie Sutton's grandkid..cause apparently an Eddie Sutton coached team beats us today and then tomorrow he (Eddie) goes to the county fair and grabs pieces of coal and uses his bare hands to squeeze them into diamonds and then hands them out as complimentary gifts to visiting dignitaried, all the while using his feet to weave tapestries of silkin joy for a young Meg Ryan (before all the crappy facial work) only to tell her "your just not hot enough for me".

Eddie Sutton...Justin Bieber before there was a Justing Bieber

GoZags
12-31-2012, 09:04 PM

I am always impressed with titles won during World War II (and in the case of their Title #2 -- a few months after the Japanese surrendered). At the time, much of the nation was busy in two theaters of war -- and then there are programs that pop off about their "National" titles won during that time period. Well, good for them. They have a couple of cool banners. I'd be mighty proud.

Jedster
12-31-2012, 11:48 PM
Reading the last 5-6 pages on the thread, this was the classiest post:

"Indeed it was a long time ago, we are on our way back to being a sweet 16 type team...you guys have a great program and right now it's better than ours at this time in history...However historically ours has been better. You guys have a great team this year...maybe your best ever...What do you think?

Btw, good game and safe travels to your fans I saw at GIA...some nice folks. "

Seemed the blame for the loss fell on a few things:

Nash sucks (averaging over 14 ppg and has no heart and over-rated...wow)

Young team, implication if older would beat Zags

Refs....bad calls mentioned multiple times

One person said outside of Olynyk, none of the Zags would start for OSU. One person replied "Elias" and someone retorted over "Who?". Someone said Murphy or Jurrick and then another replied not over Jurrick. Wow.........

Overall, I have to say disappointed in their knowledge of CBB especially their opponent. Lots of sour grapes and beating up on their players. They are 10-2 after all! Good team, but they did lose to a good team who came in on New Years and overcame a great home court advantage.

I'm really proud of the Zags for this win!

webspinnre
01-01-2013, 12:10 AM
To be fair, they have like two basketball threads up, it certainly appears to be more of a football crowd. For this game they had their game thread, and that was it, we had our game thread, and then another dozen or more threads that popped up. I am impressed by their titles, and wish we had them, but I'll take our program over the last decade against all but 5 or 10 schools, and theirs wouldn't be one of them.

bostonzagfan
01-01-2013, 12:11 AM
they should be happy. this loss will look good for them.

sittingon50
01-01-2013, 12:12 AM
you didn't read this board after the Illinois game, did you?

MDABE80
01-01-2013, 12:16 AM
Probabaly goood guys, just disappointed. They'll have a good season and this'll be forgotten. Ford's got some nice players.

Jedster
01-01-2013, 12:22 AM
you didn't read this board after the Illinois game, did you?

Just a bit...I probably could have copied and pasted most of the same! :)

Who ever said there was hyperbole on message boards!

Abe: Definitely a few nice players I'd love to have. Was great to see Cobbins after some of his theatrics in the 1st half get schooled by Olynyk in the 2nd half.