PDA

View Full Version : adam morrison story

Zags11
12-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Today My Wife is working at her in laws family owned restaurant when adam morrison pulled thru drive in. She told her boss that is adam morrison. He went to get a autograph for her. Here is the funny part.....Boss "Are you adam morrison?". Adam "No". Boss "Are you sure???". Adam yells "I think i know my own name". LOL

Boss says "ok". Adam "Fine, I'll sign it". LOL. Then Adam apologized he was having a bad day and hoped Her Boss had a good xmas. Wifey got the autograph.

Pleasant Peninsula
12-27-2012, 09:36 PM
There'll always be a big chunk of my sports fan heart carved out for Adam ... but man he's kinda of a ... what's the right word?

Weirdo?

GodZaga76
12-27-2012, 09:45 PM
And this is why I have honestly thought this is why he is no longer in the NBA, he still can ball, but I just don't think he can gel with a team on a personal note.

hooter73
12-27-2012, 09:55 PM
I watched an old 3 part show on gu on youtube today and watched AM as a freshmen. Yeah that kid vs now... well i d still love to see him playing somewhere.

Oregonzagnut
12-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Not sure what the problem is. Adams attempt to live a normal life, or the boss's attempt to get an autograph. He may never stop at that drive through again. Then again, maybe from now on he can drive through and eat in peace.

Famous people have to accept the fact of attention and lack of privacy. But fans need to accept they are real people too and maybe not ask for the autograph. Just be content to meet the person, have a little chit chat and move along. Then tell the story about meeting him and talking with him like normal people.

I got Clyde Drexlers autograph in 1997 at a gas station just outside the Houston airport. Nice guy and he signed "Best wishes, Clyde Drexler" on the back of my gasoline receipt. He was on his way back from San Antonio after a pre-season game with the Spurs.

Nice guy and never hesitated. But after the career is over, they may want peace and quiet, even if they will never get it totally.

Pleasant Peninsula
12-27-2012, 09:58 PM
well i d still love to see him playing somewhere.

+1. I'd love to see him come and play for the Idaho Stampede. He could fill up the score sheet in the NBDL. Come in and compete hard and get back some of that fire that he oozed when he was at GU.

willandi
12-28-2012, 11:32 AM
When I was in school in 1986, in Santa Monica (Gemological Institute of America), a bunch of us were out to dinner and saw John McEnroe and Tatum O'Neal. Some of our group were ready to rush over to get autographs, and I persuaded them to wait until the dining part was over, and they were paying. I don't know if it made any difference, but I know that they did get autographs from both, without any temper tantrums.

cjm720
12-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Still love Ammo!

Once, I sat at a table next to Charles Barkely at El Gaucho and didn't feel the need to shake his hand or get an autograph, a friend did though. I just didn't want to bug him. I'll still never forget it.

Zags11
12-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Not sure what the problem is. Adams attempt to live a normal life, or the boss's attempt to get an autograph. He may never stop at that drive through again. Then again, maybe from now on he can drive through and eat in peace.

Famous people have to accept the fact of attention and lack of privacy. But fans need to accept they are real people too and maybe not ask for the autograph. Just be content to meet the person, have a little chit chat and move along. Then tell the story about meeting him and talking with him like normal people.

I got Clyde Drexlers autograph in 1997 at a gas station just outside the Houston airport. Nice guy and he signed "Best wishes, Clyde Drexler" on the back of my gasoline receipt. He was on his way back from San Antonio after a pre-season game with the Spurs.

Nice guy and never hesitated. But after the career is over, they may want peace and quiet, even if they will never get it totally.

LAME! He wasnt bugged and came across like a snob.

Zags11
12-28-2012, 04:25 PM
She got it to have cuz we are zag fans. Its in drive thru and asked by 1 person there. Your a Zag Icon, and should show decency. Maybe he wont come back, but he eats there alot....