Zags the Best in the West the Last Seven Years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Zags the Best in the West the Last Seven Years?

Sean Miller thinks so ... Talking about Arizona's upcoming trip to Hawaii for the Diamond Head Classic, he had nice things to say about a member of the field, San Diego State, and he also referenced the Zags:
    Miller said that may come from people saying that "there are no heavyweights" in the field.

But he said Miami, Fla., and Mississippi and San Diego State are all pretty good.

"I don't have to tell anybody about San Diego State," Miller said. "To me they've been the best program in the West for the last seven years – them and Gonzaga. We know they have a great team. We hope we get there."
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
    "I don't have to tell anybody about San Diego State," Miller said. "To me they've been the best program in the West for the last seven years – them and Gonzaga. We know they have a great team. We hope we get there."
    Miller's trying to sell tickets for a kinda mediocre tournament, because that seven year period had SD State in the NIT in 2007, 2008 and 2009. Please leave GU out of your hype, Coach.

Comment

• NotoriousZ
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by treehorn View Post
      Miller's trying to sell tickets for a kinda mediocre tournament, because that seven year period had SD State in the NIT in 2007, 2008 and 2009. Please leave GU out of your hype, Coach.
      He really has to mention Gonzaga in his sales pitch, because we have been the best in the west for the last seven years, and it's not even close.

But I was at the San Diego St. game where Steven Gray almost won it for us. They were better on that day, and probably better in that year, but over the last seven years?
      It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

Working...
      X