PDA

View Full Version : So where do you think we will be ranked Monday?

GodZaga76
12-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Think we will move up a spot or stay where we are in the polls?

sheps001
12-16-2012, 05:44 AM
Think we will move up a spot or stay where we are in the polls?
We may move up a notch or two but hey, this is just a beauty contest. The real ranking is unfortunately the NCAA's. Are we going beyond the first round? This is what will be remembered (and to a certain extent how we do in the conference regular season and conference championship). Does anyone remember our ranking at the end of the year over the last three or four years?" Of course not, but you do remember where we finished in conference and the NCAA's.

DCZag
12-16-2012, 05:54 AM
It really depends on who loses in front of us at this point. I think we are right about where we should be...I really care more about where we are on the "S curve" at the end of the year for seeding rather than where we are ranked in the polls

kyle dixon
12-16-2012, 07:43 AM
But we are leading the Big 12 conference!

Reborn
12-16-2012, 11:55 AM
I think we could leap frog Minnesota. Not sure about Missouri. We should be put ahead of Missouri but they have a game with Illinois next Saturday so they could leave them where they are until that game.

Ekrub
12-16-2012, 12:03 PM
I think we could leap frog Minnesota. Not sure about Missouri. We should be put ahead of Missouri but they have a game with Illinois next Saturday so they could leave them where they are until that game.

Maybe down 1 depending on how far butler moves up.

jazzdelmar
12-16-2012, 12:10 PM
depends on how many voters actually watched the game. the hazards of being on national tv.

bostonzagfan
12-16-2012, 01:07 PM
We may move up a notch or two but hey, this is just a beauty contest. The real ranking is unfortunately the NCAA's. Are we going beyond the first round? This is what will be remembered (and to a certain extent how we do in the conference regular season and conference championship). Does anyone remember our ranking at the end of the year over the last three or four years?" Of course not, but you do remember where we finished in conference and the NCAA's.

it's huge for seeding though... i remember our low-ish seeds had us playing a real good team in the second round.

gamagin
12-16-2012, 01:12 PM
on the list for possible BE candidates . . .

sittingon50
12-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Status quo.

sheps001
12-16-2012, 03:20 PM
it's huge for seeding though... i remember our low-ish seeds had us playing a real good team in the second round.
Very good point! But if I remember, last year we were away and this year they would locate us closer to home no matter what our seed. At that, everyone plays for a three or four (am I correct?) which would get us a close to home advantage. Someone please clarify this point. Where do the seeding breaks occur.

cggonzaga
12-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Maybe down 1 depending on how far butler moves up.

Maybe you're being sarcastic Ekrub but Butler isn't going from not ranked to top 14. I'll say 18 or 19 at the highest for Butler. I think we'll move up a slot.

Baldwinzag
12-16-2012, 06:23 PM
from following twitter, message boards, ESPN commentary, & social media outlets, it seemed as if most watched our 1st half then subsequently tuned out....

based solely on message boards and twitter chatter, they seemed to focus solely on our ugly start. Take a moment to review Illinois, West Va, Oklahoma, and others board commentary.

If anything, I could see us DROPPING a spot or two. Sounds crazy, I know, yet wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Hence, I could see us falling to #15 or#16 with the rise of Creighton, New Mexico, Minnesota, Butler, UNLV, et al, who featured dominating and convincing wins.

I think we drop, not rise, surprisingly so...