PDA

View Full Version : Will someone explain the handcheck rule plz?

tyra
12-15-2012, 08:19 PM
I don't understand the hand check rule. It seemed like KState guards had their hands and forearms and elbows really into our guards bodies. I was sitting in the fourth row a d could see it pretty well. Isn't that a foul? I know the refs often give some latitude but tonight seemed over the top. Can someone explain?

zagzilla
12-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Refs were letting them play tonight. I was in row 15 and saw a lot of no calls going both ways. Unlike last Saturday vs Illinois when they called a tight game that had no flow.

I thing zags would rather have it called the way it was tonight.

ZZ

ZagsGoZags
12-15-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm with you tyra .....
they were experts at banging GU bodies and not getting whistles called on them
I mean quite a few fouls were called but only a small fraction of what they were getting away with
not just elbows but lots of body banging

I am glad we had the beef to give some it back

Sacre would have been a good addition to this street fight

Zag79
12-15-2012, 11:58 PM
Refs were letting them play tonight. I was in row 15 and saw a lot of no calls going both ways. Unlike last Saturday vs Illinois when they called a tight game that had no flow.

I thing zags would rather have it called the way it was tonight.

ZZ

Agree 100%.

fedwayzag
12-16-2012, 07:32 AM
I keep yelling at the refs from my rafters seat (i know they heard me) to call on foul on K-st guards as we brought the ball up. They impeded our progress everytime.

hondo
12-16-2012, 01:55 PM
In the first half the refs were allowing way too much holding, grabbing. pushing, hacking. slugging, elbowing, body slamming, reaching in, etc. Players adjust to the no calls and just foul harder.
I believe that Kelly's T was a result of the zebras not taking control of the game. Players get frustrated, Refs must do their job and call at least some of the hard fouls.

229SintoZag
12-16-2012, 04:32 PM
I don't understand the hand check rule. It seemed like KState guards had their hands and forearms and elbows really into our guards bodies. I was sitting in the fourth row a d could see it pretty well. Isn't that a foul? I know the refs often give some latitude but tonight seemed over the top. Can someone explain?

The Speaker, who I hear is an Ohio State fan, can explain it to you. :).

Don't you have more important things to worry about Tyra?

tyra
12-17-2012, 08:49 PM
No, 229, I don't have anything more important to worry about than the Zags! Unless it would be making sure I can still watch every game from my new address. :-)