PDA

View Full Version : Karnowski struggled little bit tonight

Hoopaholic
12-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Part of the maturation process and really was his first taste of d1 basketball with similar large big men who are very physical......he got no rebounds. 2-5 shooting and 2 turnovers in 14 minutes....will be a good tape for him to watch and learn from

MDABE80
12-15-2012, 10:02 PM
He;s got a long way to go. I do think he'll get there but it'll be over the Summer and next year. Just too young for this pace when it comes to these harder OOC teams.
He did well early because the competition was light. I do think he'll be good in the future though. Instincts are very good. And he's willing to learn. Thick 7 footers are usually slower to come around.

bostonzagfan
12-15-2012, 11:11 PM
the thing I like about PK* is that he already has what it takes to be a star someday, he just needs to get the play-to-play consistency down. he will be great.

* fixed (said KO previously)

Virginia Zags Fan
12-16-2012, 05:05 AM
A lot of bumping, pushing and shoving going on. He will learn to play through that. Our front court, Karno included, will tear up the WCC.

zag67
12-16-2012, 05:54 AM
Karno will improve a lot durIng WCC play. He needs time on the court to play what he has been practicing I think we have one of the best four front court groups in the nation. We can mix or match depending on what they do

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-16-2012, 06:19 AM
I like this kid. Although he isn't quick, he pays attention to what's happening on the court and he hustles to get into position. When he's finally conditioned for the pace of Division I ball, he is going to be a monster.

Hoopaholic
12-16-2012, 06:28 AM
Oh yea....he is going to be a force to reckon with...fundamentals extremely strong, desire is evident and athletic skill set for a very large post player....when he starts figuring out the speed of the game, various nuances of d1 basketball (ref, styles of play, team defensive rotations) he is going to be unstoppable

Mechanics of the game that need focus are free throws ( seems mental from my perspective) and another move or two without having to put the ball on the ground with dribble lookout......

RenoZag
12-16-2012, 07:00 AM
Karno will improve a lot during WCC play. He needs time on the court to play what he has been practicing. . .

Karnasty should see more minutes against the WCC and not just in "mop up" roles. . .there will be at least three or four teams where the match ups are right and he will go to town. . .

fedwayzag
12-16-2012, 07:13 AM
Karnasty had to be restrained from coming off the bench when the intentional foul on Hart happened. He was ready to tear the K-St player limb from limb. I like his passion for the game and his teammates. He is going to be awesome.

In his 14 minutes he changed a few of the K-St shots just due to his size. As everyone has mentioned when he figures out D-1 b-ball (and he will) he is going to tear it up.

webspinnre
12-16-2012, 07:19 AM
While K is still a bit rough, I've loved what I've seen as far as touch, hands, toughness and ability to run the floor. He's got a bright future.

Unbiased
12-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Lose 20 more pounds,
lift a lot of weights,
learn to go to his right and use his right hand

2wiceright
12-16-2012, 08:50 AM
PK has so many good habits already.

I like how when he gets a high pass (usually from E or Kelly) he keeps the ball very high with arms above his head and just goes up quick with it. Nothing like the years (of our now NBA and always beloved Rob) crouching down with it and then trying to go up strong, only to have a 5 ft. something guard to knock it out of his hands on the way up....

It's almost scary how good this kid will become and also how good Kelly is right now with a still high ceiling for this year alone!!! :drool:

Da@n we're lucky!!!

DixieZag
12-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Lose 20 more pounds,
lift a lot of weights,
learn to go to his right and use his right hand

All true but all can be said of every frosh not named Anthony Davis. I like the things he has that are much harder to teach.

- His hands, just the ability to dependably catch the ball and make a play at his level is unique to someone his size.

- His toughness, I didn't see the Hart play but I don't doubt it. He was the one who really "pushed back" (in a good sense) against Illinois and he had the whole team rally around him. He is not going to be intimidated by anyone.

- Vision, he seems to see the court almost like a guard does, an entry pass to him is not an automatic double/triple team b/c it is not a guaranteed shot, he looks for others who might have slipped their man.

H does need to be more aware of when he can just throw it down instead of softly rolling it on to the rim - just flush it big guy, ask Kelly how he came to realize this.

gamagin
12-16-2012, 09:41 AM
PK has so many good habits already.

I like how when he gets a high pass (usually from E or Kelly) he keeps the ball very high with arms above his head and just goes up quick with it. Nothing like the years (of our now NBA and always beloved Rob) crouching down with it and then trying to go up strong, only to have a 5 ft. something guard to knock it out of his hands on the way up....

It's almost scary how good this kid will become and also how good Kelly is right now with a still high ceiling for this year alone!!! :drool:

Da@n we're lucky!!!

There are lots of adjustments. He's having to deal with a lot of athletes & muggers. To me, he looks like he's getting into the game more and more. It's a different world and he looks like he's enjoying it.

He, EH & KO, imo, have a tendency to let opponents back in to the game by putting the ball on the floor, or lowering their arms to a point where they get mugged. They get stripped fairly often. It's the first line of every defense against our front court because it doesn't require height.

PK is getting schooled but he seems to be catching on. So does his game. Reminds me a little of Sacre, except a lot more athletic. Still, he needs to figure out where his feet need to be and not freeze up while the hyenas are attacking.

EH does it less and less and KO does it the least. Point is its a tough habit to break, but they are all working on it and toughening up in the process, imo.

Reborn
12-16-2012, 10:36 AM
I like PK's defense. He's like a giant wall, an unmovable wall ten feet high. I think his defense really helps the team. He is very good at defending the pick and roll. I also like his screening. He's the best screener on the team. He's slow on offense, and needs a lot of work there, but he will develop over time.

MBZags
12-16-2012, 10:47 AM
He needs to become a little less predictable in his post moves. We've seen him have the ability to go to his right hand, but he needs to continue to do so more often.

Baseline
12-16-2012, 02:01 PM
PK's growth will be very important for our success in March. He seems to be learning fast and I love his intensity, you can't teach that. PK and Kelly together on the floor is a very high intensity team. Oh yes, Harris also when he wants to.