• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Section 116
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Battle in Seattle post game radio

Tommy Lloyd: Hudson said a lotta credit to the guys, holding McGruder to next to nothing. Tommy noted we had a good week of practice and this time they paid attention to the game plan. (As a side note a friend of a friend of mine had lunch with Lloyd and Michaelson this week and they were very upset, along with Few, about the Zags failure to follow the defensive game plan for Illinois). Regarding Olynyk Tommy said again Kelly has been playing like that in practice all year. What we're trying to do now is figure out how to maximize our 4 bigs, see if we can even out the minutes some. Elias is playng at a higher level this year (10 points, 7 rebounds tonight) but he does all the little things well, plays under control. We needed to win this one, Illinois left a bad taste in our mouths. We have one more (game) before Christmas break and we then work hard to get better in practice during the break.

Gary Bell on for a couple minutes: I have a lot friends and family here. We didn't play good defense against Illinois. We really concentrated on McGruder and Spradling. We tried to keep the ball out of McGruder's hands. We didn't want to go a two game losing streak. Kelly's pump fake is just ridiculous, he gets guys in the air and goes.

Hudson: Gary got beat up a bit in Florida but he is really playing well the past four games, very very, efficient. Santangelo: The Zags got exposed against Illinois but they improved today taking McGruder out of the game. He is a big physical guard (like Paul) and they neutralized him. They didn't do that against Paul. Kansas state turned the ball over 18 times with 10 assists. They were one of the best teams in the country coming in in assist to turnover ratio. Zags did a nice job on K-States down screens and kept the ball away from the shooters. That's all I got for tonight.
  • zag buddy
    Banned
    • Dec 2007

tx

Comment

• NEC26
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Yes, thank you for the recap it is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X