PDA

View Full Version : - - -GUnit of the Game- - - (K-State)

gozagswoohoo
12-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Woot woot.

ESPN BOX SCORE (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=323502250)

gozagswoohoo
12-15-2012, 08:10 PM
By the way, no questioning how I determine what players get to be 'listed'. It's my poll, and my rules. I nearly listed Francis the Goat tonight.

;-)

gozagswoohoo
12-15-2012, 08:11 PM
PS- I voted KO, and it wasn't close.

ZagNative
12-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Me too!

zagfan24
12-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Olynyk without a doubt. Put the team on his back for most of the game. Great effort from Hart. I also thought both GLE and Dower played much better in the second half.

RenoZag
12-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Olynyk was the Man. . .thought Bell did a whale of a job on defense. Mike Hart was a much needed spark at the start of the second half. . .

gamagin
12-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Olynyk was the Man. . .thought Bell did a whale of a job on defense. Mike Hart was a much needed spark at the start of the second half. . .

the young man has his legs firmly under him. I don't think he's taken a tumble yet this year and he's beginning to show real Sic 'Em, passion and finish. The perfect three traits this big star needs to reach for the stars. And become one.

ZagLawGrad
12-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Still scatching my head

Mantua
12-15-2012, 08:29 PM
I thought Harris was the backbone of the team tonight-rebounds, assists, steals and scoring.

Kelly was great on offense.

Bell and Hart played some pretty good defense.

NotoriousZ
12-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Scoring machine. Pangos had some nice assists going and then a couple of those unforced turnovers, but he's definitely improving. Bell was everywhere (love that guy). Harris played well of course. Hart and Stocks key off the bench.

Bocco
12-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Olynyk for his offense, have to give Hart credit, his playmstrating the second half set the tone for the half.

Free throw shooting deserves to be acknowledged also.

Hoopaholic
12-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Those were pangos only 2 turnovers with 6 assists. Thought he had solid game, but thought entire team contributed tonight in this physical grinding game

snebzag
12-15-2012, 08:37 PM
I voted KO. This guy has improved soooooooooooooo much. Just love to see the ball in his hands. Nice win team.

Ziggy
12-15-2012, 08:45 PM
TKO for sure ! Doubters EAT CROW !

HOOTER
12-15-2012, 08:57 PM
KO. I hope his passion is extremely contagious.

2wiceright
12-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Kelly is "Da Man"! Voted for him but liked how everyone chipped in. Heart and Bell on defense, Kevin adjusted his game with 6 assists played how he could help the most. Edi looked much better tonight as did Sam (except for a couple of plays).

Baseline
12-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Kelly is turning into an offensive force, I think I see our go to guy.

Hart as always did great, love the hustle. I suspect we have a new starter.

GZag
12-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Olynyk was the Man! I agree. Great to see the Zags recover.

GZag
12-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Special mention to Hart!

tyra
12-15-2012, 09:12 PM
I am resigned to the fact that this board is always going to vote for the high scorer but I voted for Mike H tonight. I just don't think he gets enough credit for the very real "lift" he gives the team with his out of nowhere rebounds and hustle steals. I think he is an almost sure fire adrenalin shot.

Kiddwell
12-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Mr. Hustle, Mike Hart.

:]

ZagsGoZags
12-15-2012, 10:34 PM
I was at the game tonight, and the guy guarding KO was far more interesting in mauling him than scoring, or anything. I It was a war for TKO tonight, maybe the Kansas State coach targeted him as the guy to stop.

Kelly was up for it and battled back like the true warrior that he is. His body is going to need a few days to recover from the beating he got. He gave it back too.

he got my my vote, it was a war within the game that I watched tonight

bostonzagfan
12-16-2012, 12:16 AM
I am resigned to the fact that this board is always going to vote for the high scorer but I voted for Mike H tonight. I just don't think he gets enough credit for the very real "lift" he gives the team with his out of nowhere rebounds and hustle steals. I think he is an almost sure fire adrenalin shot.

When the leading scorer shoots 7-19, I agree with your sentiment of looking past scoring.

But KO was 10-13 from the floor! A fantastic, efficient effort.

Harris with a quiet 10 pts, 7 reb (1st on team), 3 ast (2nd), 2 stl (1st), 1 blk.

Hart of course made some fantastic plays. pangos 6 ast 2 to, solid 3-6 from floor and made his fts. bell good defense, made his fts, 4-4 from ft line.

MDABE80
12-16-2012, 12:28 AM

This. is.a.very.good.thoughtful. post.
How is it so frequent that a kid comes in, spends five minutes (in three different shift) and completely changes a game. Mike amkes it possible for the rest of the team to flourish when they simply aren't. Never enough can be said for him.

Reborn
12-16-2012, 01:56 AM
Kelly Olynyk

Bogozags
12-16-2012, 06:01 AM
PLEASE assist: Need clarification regarding the definition of "G-Unit." Is it the player s oring the most points? Rebounds? Assists? A combination of each? Please help me understand, so that I can make a better, informed decision.

KO scored the points, Harris had the boards and KP had the assists BUT IMO IMO Hart was the game changer, which is why he earned my vote.

FYI - I played back the 3rd foul KO received guarding the pass to the post AND that was a phantom foul. KO did not have any body contact nor was his left arm in contact with the KSU player. IMO KO maybe receiving the "wrath of an official" because he is so vocal towards the officials when he is fouled and they are not called.

Would like to hear your opinions on this subject.

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-16-2012, 07:21 AM
Stockton got my vote for that length of the court scramble to save the loose ball. It probably would have been out on K-State, anyway, but that kind of floor burn play deserves a small reward, even if it is only a vote for GUnit.

Hoopaholic
12-16-2012, 07:22 AM
For me it comes down to who had the greatest impact that led to our teams success, a win. It can be an overall game, can be a single moment of the game if it turned momentum or put dagger into the other team...sometimes it is scoring, sometimes it's defense on particular player, some times it attitude and fortitude...but it has to have a substantial impact that led us to victory based upon the team we are playing........and that is why this team is so exciting it could be any of the 9 consistent contributors who can lead the team

zaguarxj
12-16-2012, 08:19 AM
PLEASE assist: Need clarification regarding the definition of "G-Unit." Is it the player s oring the most points? Rebounds? Assists? A combination of each? Please help me understand, so that I can make a better, informed decision.

KO scored the points, Harris had the boards and KP had the assists BUT IMO IMO Hart was the game changer, which is why he earned my vote.

Would like to hear your opinions on this subject.
It's whatever you want it to be. I almost always vote before looking at a box score.

zaguarxj
12-16-2012, 08:32 AM
I was at the game tonight, and the guy guarding KO was far more interesting in mauling him than scoring, or anything. I It was a war for TKO tonight, maybe the Kansas State coach targeted him as the guy to stop.

Kelly was up for it and battled back like the true warrior that he is. His body is going to need a few days to recover from the beating he got. He gave it back too.

he got my my vote, it was a war within the game that I watched tonight
Can you believe that KO did not shoot a single free-throw? None! Zero?!!

jazzdelmar
12-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Zags' free throw coach gets a nod....

HOOTER
12-16-2012, 10:49 AM
This. is.a.very.good.thoughtful. post.
How is it so frequent that a kid comes in, spends five minutes (in three different shift) and completely changes a game. Mike amkes it possible for the rest of the team to flourish when they simply aren't. Never enough can be said for him.

He definitely doesn't receive the credit he deserves. He has the ability to change the momentum of a game in a way that the numbers don't always reflect. A lot of players are given nicknames, but Hart doesn't need one because his name pretty much sums up how he plays.

kitzbuel
12-16-2012, 11:04 AM
zags' free throw coach gets a nod....
ftw

kitzbuel
12-16-2012, 11:05 AM
ftw
Went with KO just based on his solid interior play and energy. Hart and GBJ definitely helped keep the team in a position where KO could shine.

77Zag
12-17-2012, 01:24 PM
KO with an attitude, something this team needs!

Go Zags!!