PDA

View Full Version : Gbj

kyle dixon
12-15-2012, 06:17 AM
Breakout game tonight. I just have a feeling.

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-15-2012, 06:39 AM
He's due.

ZagMan in Philly
12-15-2012, 06:53 AM
home cooking = good game

allnet59
12-15-2012, 07:13 AM
If this team is going to be an elite team Gary needs to be a take charge type of guard. He has the skills but seems a bit shy on making his own plays kind of like how the Paul from Illinois did to us. When all else fails you need a guard who can take charge of a game.

Baldwinzag
12-15-2012, 07:30 AM
I heard he's finally getting healthy again and seemed the most upset of any -- at least publicly -- following the loss to Illinois.

I'm with ya'...

I also look to Elias doing the same. I thought "E" was solid early on, yet very pedestrian late vs Illini.

Kelly Olynyk is on a tear the last 4+ games and hope it continues tonight, don't see why it won't...just too skilled, big, and versatile for any college team to contain him for an entire game. Inside-outside, bang, face-up, rebound, pass, etc. By far our most skilled guy.

Should be a great match-up tonight.

K-State = Illinois with less talented shooters, yet better rebounders, defenders, a bit tougher overall.

Reborn
12-15-2012, 07:39 AM
I'm glad to hear that about Gary Bell. I am really pulling for him to have a great game tonight. On this team, Gary doesn't need to score any more than 14 ppg. That's a good game for him. This team, imo needs to get the ball into the post players, especially tonight. I have heard so much about Kansas State's tough defense, and I'm looking forward to see their post players match up with Kelly and Elias. I don't believe that Weber's post players will overwhelm GU's, as he thinks they will. Yes, he has four post players, as does GU, but they do not have a big part to play offensively.

jazzdelmar
12-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Pangos is shooting 37%. More than Bell, he needs to get up to speed.

Reborn
12-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Just checked! Gary's shooting 44% to Pangos' 37. Gary is shooting 39% from the 3 pt line; Kevin is shoting 36. I think they both need to improve, but certainly Gary is shooting better than Kevin. Gary is shooting 64% from the foul line and that's unacceptable. Although Kevin is shooting 75% from the line, that too is not good for Kevin.

I got my statistics from the ESPN site for team statistics.

bballbeachbum
12-15-2012, 10:25 AM
with so many others naturally hunting their shots and the team looking to set them up (E, KP, KO, Sam) I think it's an incredibly good fit to have a supreme counter puncher filling all the gaps, with no worry about others getting plays called for them and having the rock in their hands. Gary's been most effective in just that role, his normal expression of himself out there seems to me.

Dumars played with Isaiah Thomas and Vinny 'Microwave' in the backcourt on a team that looked to dominate the paint as well, so lots of shots for other guys expected in every game with other teammates given the lead role, not Dumars...and still Dumars was arguably their most valuable player, an all-court game guy who made big shots and could also get the hot hand going, who made silent winning plays all over the court while all the hoopla went to others

lucky to have a guy like that. If Gary takes more shots and is more assertive, that's great as long as he excels like that. This team could need that from him as the hole at the 3 spot puts scoring pressure on all the rest. But great counter punchers win world titles too.

the guy who needs to score more consistently is Kevin imo, not Gary (although I'll take it from him too!) The next step for this team to be great. He is capable of doing it