PDA

View Full Version : Grant Gibbs

siliconzag
12-13-2012, 07:08 PM
http://www.omaha.com/article/20121211/BLUEJAYS/712119849/1070#gibbs-high-on-efficiency-but-not-big-on-praise

Saw him play in Vegas. Creighton's brains. According to Coach McD, he has the highest basketball IQ of anyone he has ever coached.

Sili

Once and Future Zag
12-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Color me unsurprised, just from the limited minutes we saw of him in a GU uniform.

bigblahla
12-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Yep, knew we lost a good one. Just shows coach is human. The hardest part is how bad he wanted to be a Zag. Always liked Grant and really don't have any issue with the young man even if he has sour grapes towards GU he's earned that right.

Go!! Zags!!!

GoZags
12-18-2012, 05:27 PM
It's great to see Grant Gibbs and Creighton have success. I wish them well.

BTB
12-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Yep, knew we lost a good one. Just shows coach is human. The hardest part is how bad he wanted to be a Zag. Always liked Grant and really don't have any issue with the young man even if he has sour grapes towards GU he's earned that right.

Go!! Zags!!!

One of my good high school friends now goes to school with Gibbs at Creighton and is decent friends with him. He's told me that Grant talks awfully about Gonzaga and Few, calls Few every bad name in the book. I absolutely loved his game from what I saw of him when he was here

Oregonzagnut
12-23-2012, 12:37 AM
One of my good high school friends now goes to school with Gibbs at Creighton and is decent friends with him. He's told me that Grant talks awfully about Gonzaga and Few, calls Few every bad name in the book. I absolutely loved his game from what I saw of him when he was here

I would think Gibbs would say what Few did or didn't do, not just call him names. Seems like any kid who leaves would harbor resentment. But is it justified?

primal23
12-23-2012, 06:29 AM
Sounds like Gibbs needs to grow up. He's found success at creighton so enjoy it.

IODubyaA
12-23-2012, 05:03 PM
I just want to say that I know Gibbs from high school and still follow the zags because I started to follow them very close after Gibbs committed.

I try not to talk about basketball with him when I see him because that is what everyone talks to him about. But the worst thing I have heard him say about Mark Few and Gonzaga is that Mark Few is just not as personable as other coaches. That may work for some players and maybe not for some others or as a team as a whole, I don't know, that is why I am not in the business of college basketball. Maybe it is good to be a Coach first and not a buddy.

I don't talk to Grant much so he may say some bad things, but I don't hear any of that when I talk to him.

I just had to put my 2 cents in because I hate seeing people think that all Grant does is bash Gonzaga now that he is gone. I know he was disappointed that things didn't work out, knowing that he was a Gonzaga fan at a very young age. But seeing both Gonzaga and now Creighton succeeding I think it may have worked out best for both parties.

Hope the Zags make a deep run this year, I feel like the parts are there.

sittingon50
12-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Appreciate your input, dubya.