PDA

View Full Version : A must-read thread via K-State board.

Baldwinzag
12-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Hilarious! :lmao:

Worth a look see:

http://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b247c01a54d4774e59a5ec9936857c 4d&topic=25118.0

JPtheBeasta
12-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the link. A must read. Too many funny things in there to quote.

willandi
12-13-2012, 06:39 PM
I think that most of our mods would ban the posters for some of the things they said, and even though at times I have disagreed with the censorship, that board could use some.
I hope by the time they grow up and go to college, they will be mature enough to know that smashing somebody's face is not appropriate, and while talking smack seems to be acceptable, acting like you're a user isn't!

NEC26
12-13-2012, 06:39 PM
That has to be one of the funniest threads I have ever seen. I have no idea how to get a gif but if I ever had one it would be Rem playing the air guitar. I laughed pretty hard when I saw it the first time.

laszagas
12-13-2012, 06:51 PM
That has to be one of the funniest threads I have ever seen. I have no idea how to get a gif but if I ever had one it would be Rem playing the air guitar. I laughed pretty hard when I saw it the first time.

this. the phrase 'threetar' has been born

Zagdawg
12-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Threetar......that is classic.

adoptedzag
12-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Dang, the threetar twitter handle is taken already :(

HOOTER
12-13-2012, 07:25 PM
I hope that guy does the air guitar while they're whipping our asses.

Found this funny.

ZagNative
12-13-2012, 07:32 PM
I lost interest after the air guitar posts wore thin. Anything worth reading in that thread?

gamagin
12-13-2012, 07:34 PM
I liked the guy stating the quality of the threetar playing was stellar.

willandi
12-13-2012, 07:39 PM
What would be funny is if, somehow, during the introductions for the starting line-ups, they were able to add a 6th man, and introduced Rem on threetar!

And then, while mopping up a devestating KState defeat, he came in and hit a couple of threes.

thespywhozaggedme
12-13-2012, 07:55 PM
The "threetar" shtick was mildly amusing, but the overt racism was pretty off putting.

hooter73
12-13-2012, 09:52 PM
I lost interest after the air guitar posts wore thin. Anything worth reading in that thread?

No. other than the impression i get form trolling their boards is that KState is a team in turmoil from their coach to their suspect players. Not much confidence from their fans in this game or this year.

Here's to Kevin and Gary hitting 5 threes apiece on saturday.

Baldwinzag
12-14-2012, 03:25 AM

Considering it was their 'official' Gonzaga thread, I found it entertaining. from a "too ridiculous to be true" standpoint, Rem being the featured topic, & reminds us how fortunate we have it around here....too actually discuss hoops.

Ps...for those discussing censorship of taking offense to their thread, you certainly have never frequented our very own Foo section.

It was all in good fun and a change of pace to the same ol, same ol.

Fwiw, I generally always post on opposing teams boards to talks matchups, yet not this time arounds, nothing to add, yet the "threetar" IS funny...and Rem thinks so too...

Zag4Hire
12-14-2012, 05:42 AM
That is simply legendary: Three-tar.

This will not end soon.

willandi
12-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Ps...for those discussing censorship of taking offense to their thread, you certainly have never frequented our very own Foo section.

Certainly have foo-ed, even about censorship. It got turned into a 'catholic girls' thread by IZF and others. Probably a better use of time, looking at pretty girls. Go to the Foo and check it out!

JPtheBeasta
12-14-2012, 07:31 AM

Nothing substantive there if you didn't like the sophomoric humor, so you were well served checking out when you did.

You don't find the Threetar stuff just a *little* bit funny ? :]

The Lakers fans gif made me chuckle, too. Pretty much fits my memories from the stands of the GU/UCLA game in Oakland. THAT WAS THE WORST.

bballbeachbum
12-14-2012, 07:35 AM
wouldn't mind tossing a few back with those jokers and yukking it up :cheers:

thanks Baldwin, nothing like laughing hard to get my Friday rolling!

rennis
12-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Their board is hilarious!!! LOLzzz....

That said, they have NO respect for our guards after seeing them play against Illinois. I hope they are sorely disappointed in their own assessment on Saturday night.

please please please show up KP & GBJ. :pray:

DixieZag
12-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Their board is hilarious!!! LOLzzz....

That said, they have NO respect for our guards after seeing them play against Illinois. I hope they are sorely disappointed in their own assessment on Saturday night.

please please please show up KP & GBJ. :pray:

This. ^^^^^^^

- The threetar was worth a giggle or two. Then it was stale.

- The racist innuendo was offensive/beneath them.

- It is totally, exasperatingly and frighteningly clear that other teams/fans see our 2 or 3 weak spots and how to use their roster to rip our team apart at the those weak seems.

Last weeks loss was just a loss, no one expects a 1 or 2 loss season. THIS week we face another team that does not have the talent or personnel to match up against us. If THIS team exploits those same weaknesses (and it is crystal clear to Weber how to beat the Zags) and beat us for our second straight loss to an inferior team - boy that can ruin mojo/confidence for an entire season.

Win tomorrow by being the convincingly better team, great - we move on, the alternative is very very bleak.

gu03alum
12-14-2012, 12:48 PM

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/4663303/airguitarbro.0_standard_709.0.gif

cjm720
12-14-2012, 01:18 PM
The junk grab should have gotten some mention.

Hilarious thread.

Baldwinzag
12-14-2012, 03:36 PM
This from Rem...your welcome for those "looking out for him".

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2960618185/6a1f8f1e6e12d3d5fafa7b5bee347aed.jpeg

Oregonzagnut
12-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Quite possibly the funniest fan forum thread I've ever read, and I am a major foo participant. I'm almost ashamed that nothing we've done here has approached the awesomeness of that thread.

No joke.

I'm content that the awesomeness was generated from a Zag. However the incessant references to "white boys" is a little petty to say the least.

thespywhozaggedme
12-14-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm content that the awesomeness was generated from a Zag. However the incessant references to "white boys" is a little petty to say the least.

It's not petty, it's overtly racist. Just think what would happen if every other post kept mentioning "black boys"; the double standard is nauseating. Racism is racism.

HOOTER
12-14-2012, 09:38 PM
It's not petty, it's overtly racist. Just think what would happen if every other post kept mentioning "black boys"; the double standard is nauseating. Racism is racism.

True

Baldwinzag
12-15-2012, 07:17 AM
Please delete.

Where this thread is/was going was NOT my intention.

I found Rem's video clip of an air guitar entertaining & the fact our featured thread on K-State's message board was focused solely on him, that was it...no more, no less.

I intended to share some light-hearted fun and highlight Rem's clip for those who may have missed it.

Now, inexplicably, my credibility as a poster is suddenly being called into question and indirectly labeled a "racist" and/or promoter of such things by linking a thread to an upcoming team's message board titled: "Gonzaga".

I apologize to those I offended.

Moving on...

Oregonzagnut
12-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Please delete.

I found Rem's video clip of an air guitar entertaining & the fact our featured thread on K-State's message board was focused solely on him, that was it...no more, no less.

I intended to share some light-hearted fun and highlight Rem's clip for those who may have missed it.

Now, inexplicably, my credibility as a poster is suddenly being called into question and indirectly labeled a "racist" and/or promoter of such things by linking a thread to an upcoming team's message board titled: "Gonzaga".

Moving on...

In the thread you posted a link to, there were 3-4 comments about Gonzaga being white, or Rem being white. I used the word petty to try to avoid the "R" word. But nonetheless, it is clearly not you who who is racist or even that thread. Just a couple losers they have over there and the rest of the thread was pretty funny.

If you post a link to a Bilas article whom I disagree with in a couple areas, That doesn't make you offensive to me.

Zagcity
12-15-2012, 07:43 AM
Please delete.

Moving on...

Your thoughts were well takin... No worries

Oregonzagnut
12-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Don't let three people getting their panties in a bunch stop you from linking awesomeness. We need more of that around here.

Threads are like treasure, but they can also be another mans garbage. Gonzaga has had a white boy image long before this year. I hate that stereotype much more than being called mid-major or cinderella. Gonzaga doesn't fit any mold. we broke the mold and other schools are frantically trying to figure out how we made ourselves this good.

Some are choosing to ignore the opinion I have on that thread.My panties aren't in a bunch.

All have prejudice of some sort. I'm sure when some people see a oregonzagnut post, they just skip over it. The K.St thread is a one of awesomeness as GA says. Why attack each other because there was some offensive terminology in there. Whats new on the internet?

Anyway, after tonight those on the K-State board will be seeing the power of the "Air Threetar", and won't be seeing any color other than red and blue in their grills after a BIS beat down. Weber'sketball will be no match for Few'sketball.

sittingon50
12-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Please comment on Zag player's in uniform grabbing their testicles on national TV (someone else will have to relay your weighty opinion to me, however).

ZagLawGrad
12-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Don't let three people getting their panties in a bunch stop you from linking awesomeness. We need more of that around here.

:agreed:

Keep posting, Baldwinzag

Zag79
12-28-2012, 11:11 PM
This thread... :lmao: