PDA

View Full Version : Future game vs. Seattle U.?

Zag365
12-13-2012, 08:25 AM
From today's Q&A with Cameron Dollar (SU coach) in The Seattle Times:

"I think a game with the Zags is closer than what people realize. Stay tuned."

http://seattletimes.com/html/seattleuniversity/2019884204_webdollarchat11.html

CDC84
12-13-2012, 11:14 AM
If it happens...likely a guarantee game at the Kennel with no return game.

NotoriousZ
12-13-2012, 11:44 AM
If it happens...likely a guarantee game at the Kennel with no return game.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa no "Three in the Key" deal? Dollar better wise up and get some scheduling tips from Romar. That would be almost as helpful as any coaching advice he could give.

Zing!

cjm720
12-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Selfishly I'd like to see an annual series, switching home courts every other year.

Kiddwell
12-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Playing Seattle seems inevitable. Wonder what, if any, effect playing SU will have on our recruitment of West Side kids. Will playing SU enhance our attractiveness to those high-schoolers, or enhance Seattle's?

:]

bartruff1
12-13-2012, 12:21 PM
They played us for years, when they were on top...a top higher that we have reached...it is shameful we don't reciprocate...

Zag 77
12-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Keep in mind that if you commit to a low-RPI SU every year, that is one less game GU can play against a marquee team, especially with Pacific joining the WCC and thus cutting 2 dates out of our OOC schedule.

SU should be treated like a regional opponent that we play every few years like Idaho, Boise State, Montana, Mont. State.

bartruff1
12-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Souther Utah.....University of South Dakota....Lewis and Clark....Cambell...

Hoopaholic
12-13-2012, 12:57 PM
OR......is he possibly dropping the hint that SU would be Gonzagas travel partner in the new BASKETBALL ONLY league????????

Angelo Roncalli
12-13-2012, 01:08 PM
OR......is he possibly dropping the hint that SU would be Gonzagas travel partner in the new BASKETBALL ONLY league????????

Not a chance.

CDC84
12-13-2012, 01:18 PM
SU should be treated like a regional opponent that we play every few years like Idaho, Boise State, Montana, Mont. State.

Like Eastern Washington as well. Seattle U. seems like a better team to schedule for a guarantee game than some obscure low major school back east. More appeal to the fans and such. Easier travel for the opponent....

I doubt that there would be a commitment every year, much like there hasn't been a commitment to play Eastern Washington every year even though they usually end up on GU's schedule. The game would get played if it fits. EWU just didn't happen to fit this year.

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-13-2012, 01:26 PM
How about playing Seattle U instead of South Carolina Upstate for senior night?

WallaWallaZag
12-14-2012, 12:27 AM

i don't want any part of boise state and few doesn't like going up against former assistants either...the marks kid could easily go brandon paul or kevin foster on the zags.