PDA

View Full Version : The Game & Our TEAM

bigblahla
12-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Well for my first post since what seems to be the end of the world for some here let me remind those on life support, and this comes from a huge homer, it's only a game and only one game.

Doubt anyone on our team had the over-reaction I've witnessed from so many Zag fans after the game.

I think we will win every game we play. Why? Zan fan(antic).

This gamed turned on our errors and interesting whistles which allowed the Illini back in the game when we were on the verge of putting them away, it happens.

This will be a good teaching tool for coach and staff and the bitter taste will be a reality check for our Zags that they won't forget anytime soon. It won't linger other then a bad memory and a good reminder that EVERY POSSESSION COUNTS!

So how about we put it behind us and start our focus on K-State.

I don't think less of our team than I did before the game and look for us to get the win in Seattle come Saturday and every game thereafter. :D

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

Reborn
12-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Bigblahla I love your posts. They almost always make me smile. You might be surprised if you knew how coaches and players react to losing. In time we all get over the agony of losing. It's Monday now, a new day and a new week and I'm sure that most of the pain of losing has passed for the coaches and team. They will look at the tape of the game and discuss it openly. And believe me, there will be some criticisms, but also some praise. The team will move on and so will the fans and members of this forum. WE all will be up for the game on Saturday. I think almost every fan realizes that basketball is just a game, and I sincerely doubt that many fans at all allow the pain of losing to linger very long. I know that coaches and athletes can not let it linger because there is a game to play in just a week, and in some cases the next day. So I really doubt that any fan, player or coach believes that it's the end of the world after a loss. It's called perspective. But don't believe for an instant that coaches and players don't get mad after a loss. And that in most locker rooms there are some out bursts of anger. That's why not too many people are allowed into a lockerrooom after a game.

titopoet
12-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Then Mark of a good team is how they respond to adversity. Have tickets to see KState and what to see how they respond. My guess is they will; knowing Few and the quality of his players they will be back to rolling. Are all, I am Bigblahla, they are my team and my response to adversity if belief in their winning.

primal23
12-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Then Mark of a good team is how they respond to adversity. Have tickets to see KState and what to see how they respond. My guess is they will; knowing Few and the quality of his players they will be back to rolling. Are all, I am Bigblahla, they are my team and my response to adversity if belief in their winning.

I know I am VERY VERY VERY pessimistic, but KState looks to be another L, if nothing else then the fact that Weber has always seemed to have Few's number. I think it will be like Sat's game, start fast, end ugly.

DixieZag
12-10-2012, 12:07 PM
There are so many thing that impact an outcome of a game and we are rightly upset about our team's response - mostly b/c I think most of us feel that we have a better TEAM than Illinios. I still do.

Paul was 10/16. And, as much as we deride our "defense" and giving up career games to people, I can say that there were MANY of those shots that he hit where he was guarded VERY well, one time he hit a three where he was fouled by Kevin, he hit one three fading away from 5 ft outside the line, there really isn't a way to defend a guy who can have a night like that.

But we STILL might have won had we been a little tougher physically and mentally. There were so many times that our guys drove the lane and got hammered and ended up looking at the refs - who, being from the Big 10 simply looked right back at them - so, having figured out that they were not going to get a call, they needed to police the middle themselves, throw some shoves, stare a guy down and tell him what you thought about that, have some elbows come up to make people think about whether they really wanted to clog up the middle after all - - not play dirty, just don't let yourself get pushed around by the other team, be willing to do more physically than they are.

PK DID do that and the team and the crowd rallied around him, PK shoved some guys off of him twice and had some choice words - its all mental but it matters! Harris and Pangos need to be a little more brash and forceful in there own gym. I'll never forget Morrison jawing at an OSU player after we GOT BEAT at their place, I'll always thought THAT was the attitude of a winner, let the other team know that you won't be pushed around, that you will be there next time they drive the lane -and Morrison had the rep that he couldn't guard a dead dog!

I know we won't win them all. The one thing that I want to see from here on out is that we will not GIVE any game away. . . I thought that we mentally wilted from a tough team that simply was going to come in and take it away, that should not happen again.

rennis
12-10-2012, 12:12 PM
College ball is all about matchups, and not just in the NCAA tourney.

Illinois is one of (if maybe not THE) worst matchups for this edition of the Zags in the entire country. A lot of us knew that before the game, but held a lot of cautious optimism for a W given the home court advantage and huge frontline advantage the Zags have. And being undefeated helped...

I don't think much more or less of the team than I did before. I knew it would be tough and I wish the guards hit a few more shots but that's how the ball bounces.