PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few show

gamagin
12-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Just caught the opening of the Mark Few show.

couple of points he made in response to questions by Heister.

Re Illini

"We got a good look at an NBA player. That's what a good one looks like."

"I thought the defense was fine, we just could not catch up to them.

offensively: "We had that one open look three (KP) that would have put us down just one. But it rimmed out . . .
had it gone in it might have gotten interesting . . "

Few gave kudos to KO and EH for pick and pops and passing to each other underneath.

That's about it.

Next segment was devoted to KP's parents attending the WSU game in Pullman.

Turns out dad is a basketball (women's I think he said) coach at York University. Dad said he heard his son says "you shoot when your hot and you shoot to get hot. And that's the way it should be and the way he plays."

Few re WSU & KP's game-winning shot with seconds remaining . .

"I don't like to take a time out. so we just try to push it up the floor quickly. The defense is trying not to foul so we take it to the net. Elias and Hart were trailing KP and were in good position to put it back if KP's shot didn't go. We practice that situation. You have to trust your players to make good decisions and it worked this time."

MDABE80
12-09-2012, 09:13 PM
uh oh

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
12-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Is there a link or a way to listen to the interview. Thanks in advance! :)

Zag 77
12-09-2012, 10:27 PM
It is on Root Sports Tuesday at 5:30 pm and 9:30 pm PST.

While Few was not happy about losing to Illinois, he maintains an even keel. Does not get too high after a win, nor too low after a loss.

Good camera work from the Wazzu game and the Illinois game.

Oregonzagnut
12-09-2012, 10:29 PM
But it is frustrating. Few never really explains his logic or reasoning and specifics. He stays vague and gives pretty common answers.

After watching the game 2 more times today I can see that although not using all of Karnos fouls up hurt us, we just were "a little" out of synch in almost every way. This was their constant man defense and pressure on the ball. They knew they would own Pangos and Bell with that. But looking at when we lost our lead, a slow spiral downward happened as soon as Karno left the game in the first half. We lost that pure edge of power in the paint. Chemistry is important and Karno adds that level of power around the rim.

But right when Egwu fouled out and Pangos hit the free throws to get us within 3 pts, Few should have told Karno, Kelly and Pangos to go crazy. Pangos should not have shot that quick 3 but they owned us for the next 2 minutes and we were chasing their game.

Paul is currently the lottery #7 pick in the mock draft for next year.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
12-09-2012, 10:36 PM
But it is frustrating. Few never really explains his logic or reasoning and specifics. He stays vague and gives pretty common answers.

After watching the game 2 more times today I can see that although not using all of Karnos fouls up hurt us, we just were "a little" out of synch in almost every way. This was their constant man defense and pressure on the ball. They knew they would own Pangos and Bell with that. But looking at when we lost our lead, a slow spiral downward happened as soon as Karno left the game in the first half. We lost that pure edge of power in the paint. Chemistry is important and Karno adds that level of power around the rim.

But right when Egwu fouled out and Pangos hit the free throws to get us within 3 pts, Few should have told Karno, Kelly and Pangos to go crazy. Pangos should not have shot that quick 3 but they owned us for the next 2 minutes and we were chasing their game.

Paul is currently the lottery #7 pick in the mock draft for next year.

here in the NYC we call that "street cred" :)

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ezag
12-09-2012, 10:50 PM
The Mark Few show is short on substance with basic/easy questions and vague answers. There is no depth or insight.

jazzdelmar
12-10-2012, 04:11 AM
no journalism welcome.

bartruff1
12-10-2012, 07:30 AM
I had the same opinion about Kevin's three.... I think it was a smart gamble.

gamagin
12-10-2012, 10:04 AM
I had the same opinion about Kevin's three.... I think it was a smart gamble.

With all the discussion, I too, think this was a key point, even tho this show is too light for my tastes, as well. It was on point.

I.e. scrape away the rest of the game, all the noise, alleged miscues, etc., etc., & look @ a key turning point
& what turned out to be a potential game changer.

The play is set up to get our best shooter open & voila -- it's a wide open look & shot. What more could you work/hope for at that point ? It didn't drop. That's life.

Back to work.