PDA

View Full Version : Loved your post

sittingon50
12-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Destroyer.

d.o.u.c.h.e. noodles! How do those go with tacos?

HOOTER
12-09-2012, 11:05 AM
I attempted to reply to that, but when I tried to submit my reply it was gone. I am looking forward to using that phrase at some point soon though, with permission of course. :)

tobizag
12-09-2012, 11:56 AM
I attempted to reply to that, but when I tried to submit my reply it was gone. I am looking forward to using that phrase at some point soon though, with permission of course. :)

i think his post is silly. most people on here are simply asking questions in the wake of a loss that seems like the 14th rerun of a bad movie. for the other few that may actually cross a line, mods should ban em for violating if a rule if that's what they're doing.

but to rant about people and suggest they root for someone else is dumb. i root harder than anyone i know for this team...doesn't change the fact that some things were baffling about our last two games.

in the same way that some make the case that our expectations are just out of whack each season, people like destroyer need to adjust their expectations for board behavior following losses. it isn't hard to know what's coming. and if they don't like it, they can complain to the mods to have people banned for being upset after a loss.

kclubfounder
12-09-2012, 12:02 PM
the wake of a loss that seems like the 14th rerun of a bad movie

Since the team plays about 36 games/year, that seems like a small number of reruns to have to endure.

HOOTER
12-09-2012, 01:46 PM
i think his post is silly. most people on here are simply asking questions in the wake of a loss that seems like the 14th rerun of a bad movie. for the other few that may actually cross a line, mods should ban em for violating if a rule if that's what they're doing.

but to rant about people and suggest they root for someone else is dumb. i root harder than anyone i know for this team...doesn't change the fact that some things were baffling about our last two games.

in the same way that some make the case that our expectations are just out of whack each season, people like destroyer need to adjust their expectations for board behavior following losses. it isn't hard to know what's coming. and if they don't like it, they can complain to the mods to have people banned for being upset after a loss.

Oh, I agree fully. If you read my posts since the end of yesterdays game you'll see we're on the same page. I was just saying I like the phrase he used, not necessarily the context it was used in though. It's kinda got a ring to it.

BTW, nice avatar! :)

Pargo the Destroyer
12-09-2012, 01:55 PM

To each their own Tobi. You don't see me complaining about my post being deleted. People can say this is the best team everrr and heap praise when things go well and then bash the zags when things dont. And when they do and act childish and say stupid things I'm going to point it out. I assume most of you are adults. I get people being passionate, hell I'm right there, but I'm not going to sit here and bash a teenager on a message board like I'm better than them and I'd expect an adult to see the inanity in doing such a thing. This board at times proves the opposite. To each their own, as I stated earlier.

Pargo the Destroyer
12-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Also, you may want to let me know where I said go root for someone else. That was no where in my message.

Oregonzagnut
12-09-2012, 02:23 PM
I think putting that name calling post as a sticky is wrong. It shows whatever mod or admin who did it, is taking some minority special interest side, supporting the demeaning and name calling of those they disagree with and is support more lashing out at other members for honest critique and calling them names.

The most rude, foul and intolerant are those that I read who don't comment on the "entertainment" but they comment on others comments about the "entertainment". They troll threads and topics to silence any critique, label anyone who has a better idea what should have occurred and they have the guts to post it.

Everyone here at GUBoards should respect others. I hold/held the admins and mods to a higher level of that. I was wrong. If members cross the line the admins need to step up, be objective and follow the rules. Since when is posting a sticky note calling everyone a dooche OK in the rules.

Whoever put that as a sticky note, needs to re-think if they can actually be objective enough to referee this board through the good times and the bad.

According to this board it must be OK for me to say whoever put that post as a sticky note is a dooche. But it isn't OK. Yet here we are and it is the admins attacking the members worse than ANY CRITIQUE I have read about the game so far. Some cross the line yes, but far more of what I see crosses the line year after year is how 7-8 members dictate the tone of disrespect to each and every member if they critique the team, staff or game plan.

bartruff1
12-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Destroyer.

d.o.u.c.h.e. noodles! How do those go with tacos? Great post Pargo.... I think the Seahawks...have a chance...

Oregonzagnut
12-09-2012, 02:43 PM
is the opposite of GUBoard rules on the sticky note BZ posted right below his.

The basics

No hate speech or hate symbols, which includes but is not limited to content that is degrading to someone's race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and sexual orientation. Please avoid using obscene, profane or vulgar language. No sharing or uploading content of like nature. Please contact a moderator to report offensive content for consideration and possible removal. Outside of those guidelines, the best solution to "unwanted" speech is counterspeech. If you don't agree with somebody's opinion, consider adding your voice.

Treat other participants politely

Do the admins and mods really choose to promote vulgar language for this "family" site owned by the SR?

I will say, dooche noodle at least needs to be edited to "wet noodle". I think even PTD would be OK with that. I am offended at being called a dooche.

HOOTER
12-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Whoever put that as a sticky note, needs to re-think if they can actually be objective enough to referee this board through the good times and the bad.

Until I read your post, I did not realize that thread was made a sticky. I wonder if the mod who is responsible for that has the guts to admit to it. I'm not one to get over sensitive about name calling (like I said before, it's kinda funny to me) but that was a strange move.

Oregonzagnut
12-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Until I read your post, I did not realize that thread was made a sticky. I wonder if the mod who is responsible for that has the guts to admit to it. I'm not one to get over sensitive about name calling (like I said before, it's kinda funny to me) but that was a strange move.

I will come right out and say I am going to act over-sensitive about it if they make rules and haphazardly enforce them to support their own personal agendas. It is overtly hypocritical and the admins and mods need to try to gain trust and support and be objective. That is my opinion of what a true moderator should be.

Maybe EVERYONE should read our rules, mods too, then decide if a post should be a sticky or deleted. Or even PM the member to work on the issue? oh wait, you can't scarlet letter someone and get others to hate them too if you PM them and work it out in private. That would be dignified and professional. Public lynchings are much more fun.

Hoopaholic
12-09-2012, 03:26 PM
I think you are being overly sensitive....the current definition is of a jerk who is a living contradiction for self serving importance....those on day one who claim team is best since sliced bread then after a single loss of a very hard fought game come out saying team, coach players worthless...to me those are self serving jerks who prostelize to make themselves viewed as important or relative....vs. discussion of the game in a civil manner

Pargo the Destroyer
12-09-2012, 03:28 PM
You're asking for everyone to respect everyone on the boards OZN, yet disrespecting teenagers and young 20 yr olds and their coaches who leave it all on the floor for your entertainment and mine, just to get bashed is ok. Hearing your message loud and clear. I'm sorry, but it's not ok to me and I'm not afraid to call out those who do it.

Hoopaholic
12-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I was disappointed but still believe this team is a doggone good one with absolute potential of getting far in the dance. I also of the opinion that other than some turnovers and a made bucket here or there it would have been a different outcome, and for that is why I love college athletics and love my zags

Zag@LMU
12-09-2012, 03:56 PM
I would like to be able to rightfully question my team within the rules of this board without being degraded.

HOOTER
12-09-2012, 04:54 PM
You're asking for everyone to respect everyone on the boards OZN, yet disrespecting teenagers and young 20 yr olds and their coaches who leave it all on the floor for your entertainment and mine, just to get bashed is ok. Hearing your message loud and clear. I'm sorry, but it's not ok to me and I'm not afraid to call out those who do it.

Let's not equate critiquing the performance of the coaches and/or players to assaulting innocent little children or something. The board is here to have honest discussions about Gonzaga basketball. Sometimes we will all stand in a circle and sing kumbayah, sometime there will be disagreements. Both should be acceptable, as long as it remains respectful. There seems to be this misconception that questioning some of the choices that were made by coaches or players in a game is inherently disrespectful. This is just not the case.

I personally didn't mind your thread or the words you used, even if it was partly aimed at me. I want you to speak your mind, and I would like myself and others to be able to do the same. Why your thread was made a sticky is beyond me though. It's not the thread that bothers me, it's the questionable decision by a mod that is a bit bothersome.

Oregonzagnut
12-09-2012, 05:13 PM
I personally didn't mind your thread or the words you used, even if it was partly aimed at me. I want you to speak your mind, and I would like myself and others to be able to do the same. Why your thread was made a sticky is beyond me though. It's not the thread that bothers me, it's the questionable decision by a mod that is a bit bothersome.

Thank you, maybe a member like hooter, who is respected here can get my point across. It's the principle that the word dooche is blacked out for a reason yet it is OK to post it as a sticky to insult those who post their opinions.

I have seen maybe 3-4 posts, and ZERO threads, that were negative and un-insightful.

ZagLawGrad
12-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Unrealistic expectations so early in the season drive these meltdowns on GUB.

Give it a while to see what this team does before you put them in the FF.

History dictates that approach.

Oregonzagnut
12-09-2012, 05:23 PM

If you are not afraid then post the links and lets see what they said SPECIFICALLY. Did you read the rules and use "counter posts" to address the issue? Or did you lash out with vulgar language speech and make it worse.

Call them out PDT. Lets see who they are and these posts bashing 20 year olds and their coaches. Maybe you should define bashing as it means to you.

Apparently saying "This loss is on Few" is bashing.

BTW PTD, this issue is a principle that I have had on GUBoards for many years. There is more negativity posted and promoted towards other fans here than EVER is posted about the team.

tobizag
12-09-2012, 05:32 PM

suggesting that a player who is ice cold shouldn't keep shooting or that a guy making 80% of his shots should get more playing time is hardly insulting players. good grief.

sittingon50
12-09-2012, 05:51 PM
and on and on and on...............................

bartruff1
12-09-2012, 05:59 PM
I would like to be able to rightfully question my team within the rules of this board without being degraded. How do you feel about your post #4 to the effect that " I knew this B.S. thread was coming. " ?....in the Congrats to Illinois ?

Zags11
12-09-2012, 06:01 PM

His point is while we are not allowed to criticize or complain, you got to call us ######s. I learned my lesson on stuff on here. We are a good squad, and when we beat ksu......the love will be back.

Oregonzagnut
12-09-2012, 07:10 PM
and on and on and on...............................

I understand the frustration of the barrage of comments pointing out problems when we have no ability to help from behind a keyboard.

PargoThedDestroyer, here is the post I was talking about when some say people should leave GUBoards. I never claimed you said it, I only paraphrased several comments and their intent.

http://www.guboards.com/showpost.php?p=839946&postcount=11

It says:
Some of you guys need to pick another team to follow & go away from here.

Please.

Plenty of seats in Pullman, Cheney & Moscow. Those teams all need your expertise more than this one.

It isn't personal Sit50, it just your words are wrong IMO. I know many disagree with me, and often, and even you do probably as a matter of principle. But are the mods going to bend the rules when it favors them and their cronies or can the mods stay true to objectivity and keep the peace between us fans? Fans who all have one HUGE thing in common, PASSION for the Zags!!

I challenge ANYONE to show me a post directed at Few or our players that is anywhere near as insulting as PTD's. I haven't even gotten to this comments about parenting in my home and my kids.

This is turning into a power play and I have asked respectfully and I will ask respectfully again. PTD or mods, please delete, edit or paraphrase the sticky. :) Please. :)

If the answer is no, can you explain.

Pargo the Destroyer
12-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Hooter, that wasnt partly aimed at you. Nor was it aimed at you OZN. It was a few other posters who set me over the edge. Ive been around long enough to know how this dog and pony show runs. I stand by what I said, not sure why it was sticky'd and I'm not sure I care. I'll stay out of the MBB next time and let you guys do your thing.

HOOTER
12-09-2012, 10:24 PM
I'll stay out of the MBB next time and let you guys do your thing.

No need for that. Having different perspectives is one of the things that makes this place worthwhile. As long as we can keep it civilized it's all good.
:cheers:

Oregonzagnut
12-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Hooter, that wasnt partly aimed at you. Nor was it aimed at you OZN. It was a few other posters who set me over the edge. Ive been around long enough to know how this dog and pony show runs. I stand by what I said, not sure why it was sticky'd and I'm not sure I care. I'll stay out of the MBB next time and let you guys do your thing.

It would help to call those "few" posters out instead of lumping everyone into this pile of unhappy, un-appreciative, over zealous, home wrecking, kid abusing, dooshe noodles.

You say a "few" set you off, but in the sticky it says the opposite. "the few members who are NOT saying it is the end of the world", and everyone else (but a few) is bashing on 20 year olds and coaches?

Where is all this bashing? I have read most of the MBB. Nothing out of the ordinary or overly harsh. I agree with you PTD, I see 2-3 posts by veteran members who we expect harsh comments from. Only one other one i think is unfounded and malicious and he/she has over 400 posts?

What is defined as basing anyway? Saying someone is a bad parent and bashes their kids at home doesn't qualify?

I will ask politely a 3rd time. Mods, please remove the offensive sticky back into the control of the author.

Ekrub
12-10-2012, 12:40 AM
If that thread is stickied, then I nominate this thread for the Hall of Fame

bartruff1
12-10-2012, 04:12 AM
I think Sit50 is absolutely right.... really, the golden rule.

Few has been here for nearly 2 decades, he will likely be here as long as he wants.

When he he retires, they will likely call it Few Court.

So...if I was of the opinion that he was incompetent and rigid and the team was not meeting my standands, then it only makes sense to find a coach that I respected and had confidence in and a team that would meet my needs.

That is what I would do.... why stay in a situation that isn't likely to change and that is so frustrating...?? Go...quit beating your head against the wall, by your own words he will not learn or change....be happy...bart

gu03alum
12-10-2012, 04:48 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5zkrkGrkd1rx33xqo1_400.gif

tobizag
12-10-2012, 07:09 AM
I think Sit50 is absolutely right.... really, the golden rule.

Few has been here for nearly 2 decades, he will likely be here as long as he wants.

When he he retires, they will likely call it Few Court.

So...if I was of the opinion that he was incompetent and rigid and the team was not meeting my standands, then it only makes sense to find a coach that I respected and had confidence in and a team that would meet my needs.

That is what I would do.... why stay in a situation that isn't likely to change and that is so frustrating...?? Go...quit beating your head against the wall, by your own words he will not learn or change....be happy...bart

my responding to this post is in no way saying that i hold the opinions you hypothetically put out there (re: few being rigid, etc).

but from my perspective, I'M ALWAYS GOING TO ROOT FOR GONZAGA BECAUSE IT'S MY ALMA MATER. seriously. it isn't hard to understand. i love my school. i hate it when gonzaga loses. often times when we lose there are things that many don't understand re: strategy, and they want to talk about it.

at the end of the day i spent the 4 most formative years of my life at that place, and wouldn't trade a single second of it.

so chill out already about telling people to find a new team. we're all here, we're all fans, and it's a message board for a reason: to share opinions and talk about our favorite team.

bartruff1
12-10-2012, 07:13 AM
I am not telling anyone to do anything....I am only saying what I would do if I was unhappy...others may choose otherwise...