The surprising thing about yesterday's game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pargo the Destroyer
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2008

The surprising thing about yesterday's game...

Is how a community of board members went from supportive and positive, to a bunch of d.o.u.c.h.e noodles. This message isn't for the few who are actually looking at the loss like its not the end of the world, the ones who DON'T think our team sucks or the ones who are not trashing the guys.

I would hate to see what would happen in your home should one of your children make a mistake, be bested by another person/team in sports, or just flat out not live up to the expectations you've so flippantly blown up in your head. (See Gonzaga men's basketball). Everybody relax. It's the holidays.

Now, if the Seahawks lose today I'm gonna go apesh1t.
  • gu03alum
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Reborn
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Pargo the Destroyer View Post
      I would hate to see what would happen in your home should one of your children make a mistake, be bested by another person/team in sports, or just flat out not live up to the expectations you've so flippantly blown up in your head. (See Gonzaga men's basketball). Everybody relax. It's the holidays.

This is one of the funniest posts I've ever written. Aren't we talking about basketball? Basketball is a game. It's a game that most fans do get crazy about for a "short period of time." Im sure for most fans that it doesn't have much to do with their life. This is a forum on Gonzaga basketball. It's a place where people come to talk about the Gonzaga basketball team and program. Some of us chat here year around because we enjoy the recruting process too. If people can not feel free to speak openly about how they feel about the games, both good and bad, then this would not be a true forum. Maybe you haven't noticed that this board is run by moderators and it's their job to review what bloggers are saying and to keep some of them out of the discussion.

So now Im going to criticize you. Do you raise your children in an atmosphere where they are not free to express themselves openly. Do your kids have to go to their friends to tell them how they really feel or can they communicate with you. My two sons are 39 and 38 now and they are remarkable young men. I get as irritated as you do by people like you who can't stand an open forum. You can't stand criticism. Criticism is part of life. I know the bloggers here who have criticized the team and the coach at time, and they are also very positive people. I have not seen anyone who ONLY criticizes the team. They have written many posts also praising the team and coach.

You know we are all not alike. God creates us all to be different, unique and special. I think you might enjoy a more controlled environment where everyone thinks alike and does not criticize. Did you know that they have private chat rooms for people like you. Yes...Members of this board do meet in a seperate space where only people who think like them can be admitted. You might try to contact a Administrator to find out if you can join them. This, my friend, is a public forum. Kind of like a public school where you have to admit all kinds of different students, even the so called freaks and minorities.

I get offended by people like you who try to make this a moral issue and insinuate that me and others are bad parents. You might consider getting off your God seat. Your post should not have been allowed on this boad, imo. I believe this is not a place where people can come in here and call members of this forum "bad parents." And how mature are you really to feel some need to come on here and call people, like me a ###### noodle. I don't recall one single post where any blogger called any player a name like you have called some of us. Have we criticized the players and coach? yes. Mature people can handle criticism including our players and coaches. They aren't littly kids any more.
      Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• bartruff1
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2010

I think it is about expectations.... if you expect your team or your kids to be perfect, you have unresonable expectations ....

I am not surprised or even disappointed by what is posted...it is my opinion that there are people in here who whine and complain and feel entitled....and I do not like people that do that...

There are people in here that think they know more and care more than the coaches and the players about winning... I don't think that.

There are also people in here that put words in the poster's mouth that he never said or intended, that is a straw dog and is self serving and unfair...

BUT, they are free to post what they want, within the rules....and of course, so am I.

Comment

• Birddog
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

This is Jack

Most of the people on this board don't know him.
          Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
          Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
          All mimsy were the borogoves,
          And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
            I think it is about expectations.... if you expect your team or your kids to be perfect, you have unresonable expectations ....

I am not surprised or even disappointed by what is posted...it is my opinion that there are people in here who whine and complain and feel entitled....and I do not like people that do that...

There are people in here that think they know more and care more than the coaches and the players about winning... I don't think that.

There are also people in here that put words in the poster's mouth that he never said or intended, that is a straw dog and is self serving and unfair...

BUT, they are free to post what they want, within the rules....and of course, so am I.
            Mr Bartuff1. I wish we all as good and as perfect as you. Of course you don't have to criticize your kids. I'm sure they are perfect just like you.

Comment

• bartruff1
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
              Mr Bartuff1. I wish we all as good and as perfect as you. Of course you don't have to criticize your kids. I'm sure they are perfect just like you.
              Straw dogs are annoying..

Comment

• Pargo the Destroyer
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Reborn View Post

This is one of the funniest posts I've ever written. Aren't we talking about basketball? Basketball is a game. It's a game that most fans do get crazy about for a "short period of time." Im sure for most fans that it doesn't have much to do with their life. This is a forum on Gonzaga basketball. It's a place where people come to talk about the Gonzaga basketball team and program. Some of us chat here year around because we enjoy the recruting process too. If people can not feel free to speak openly about how they feel about the games, both good and bad, then this would not be a true forum. Maybe you haven't noticed that this board is run by moderators and it's their job to review what bloggers are saying and to keep some of them out of the discussion.

So now Im going to criticize you. Do you raise your children in an atmosphere where they are not free to express themselves openly. Do your kids have to go to their friends to tell them how they really feel or can they communicate with you. My two sons are 39 and 38 now and they are remarkable young men. I get as irritated as you do by people like you who can't stand an open forum. You can't stand criticism. Criticism is part of life. I know the bloggers here who have criticized the team and the coach at time, and they are also very positive people. I have not seen anyone who ONLY criticizes the team. They have written many posts also praising the team and coach.

You know we are all not alike. God creates us all to be different, unique and special. I think you might enjoy a more controlled environment where everyone thinks alike and does not criticize. Did you know that they have private chat rooms for people like you. Yes...Members of this board do meet in a seperate space where only people who think like them can be admitted. You might try to contact a Administrator to find out if you can join them. This, my friend, is a public forum. Kind of like a public school where you have to admit all kinds of different students, even the so called freaks and minorities.

I get offended by people like you who try to make this a moral issue and insinuate that me and others are bad parents. You might consider getting off your God seat. Your post should not have been allowed on this boad, imo. I believe this is not a place where people can come in here and call members of this forum "bad parents." And how mature are you really to feel some need to come on here and call people, like me a ###### noodle. I don't recall one single post where any blogger called any player a name like you have called some of us. Have we criticized the players and coach? yes. Mature people can handle criticism including our players and coaches. They aren't littly kids any more.

There is a fine line between being "critical", as you call it, and plain trashing on people, which is abundant. You seem to be taking my post like it was aimed directly at you, which it wasnt, but you've taken the most exception to it. Fair enough. Calling people ###### noodles, sure, a bit sophomoric if anything.

Its a very frustrating thing to sit here and listen to how off the radar most people can be, floating from the "omg were the best ever omg final four" side all the way over to the "gosh Mark Few cant coach, gosh David Stockton is terrible, we suck blah blah". There are highs and lows through out the course of a season, I choose to view this thing over its entirety, not nitpick every 40 minute session to where it feels like this.......

I realize I choose to express my "fanaticism" differently, I yell at my tv, I get pumped, and I get pissed, just like the rest of you. And when the game is over, I come over here and look for actual objective, RATIONAL posts, not the mindless irrational posts that lead to my thread.

FWIW, my children are taught to respect others and they are allowed to express themselves freely. They are after all children. Not adults. I dont care if you want to question my parenting. I made a comparison regarding children in your homes, because the kids that get bashed on have parents of their own and I am sure they love to read some of the crap thats written on this board. Its been proven that they do indeed float around on here.

In closing, my post is no better than any other person flying off the handle about Coach Few or David Stockton or whomever. This is the first time Ive gotten emotional AND posted my overly emotional thoughts on this board. Ive received just as much if not more praise as I have criticism. So be it, criticize away, Im a big boy. Ive got broad shoulders. Ok......off my god seat now Reborn.

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Pargo the Destroyer View Post
                  In closing, my post is no better than any other person flying off the handle about Coach Few or David Stockton or whomever. This is the first time Ive gotten emotional AND posted my overly emotional thoughts on this board. Ive received just as much if not more praise as I have criticism. So be it, criticize away, Im a big boy. Ive got broad shoulders. Ok......off my god seat now Reborn.
                  I love your post, Pargo the Destroyer. I love your openness, and honesty. Glad to know your a great dad, and knowing you from "most" of your posts you certainly are. If you know me from my posting over the years, I am pretty sensitive to people criticizing others for being criticle of Few and the team. I have tried to keep this forum open to all (and let the Moderators and Administrators be the judges). I appreciate your response, and you are and have been one of my favorite people who post here. I'm ready to forget this whole thing. If I have offended you, I apologize.

one more thing I thought of. I don't mind being criticized at all. It's always been a part of my life, both in my youth as an athlete, and as an adult on my job. Thank God we also get praised for what we're doing well, or we wouldn't last long on a job.

Comment

• ZagNative
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

I wish Reborn would take a chill pill ... that's just me, expressing my opinion.... He's a great guy, but the wheels are off right now.

Comment

• gamagin
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

+1

Well said PTD. It gets curiouser & curiouser at times.

I think somewhere out there on the Internet GUB is code for the place where manic-depressives come to vent.
                      Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                      Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                      Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• HOOTER
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

Props to the mod who unstickied and unlocked this thread. That is all I have to say at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                        X