PDA

View Full Version : Take a Deep Breath

bostonzagfan
12-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Tonight's game does not exclude us from going on a run in March.

1 loss does not prevent us from getting a top 3 seed.

The elite 8 team didn't start 9-0.

Still big games against Baylor and OK St.

Who wouldn't be happy with 1 OOC loss?

Oregonzagnut
12-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Tonight's game does not exclude us from going on a run in March.

1 loss does not prevent us from getting a top 3 seed.

The elite 8 team didn't start 9-0.

Still big games against Baylor and OK St.

Who wouldn't be happy with 1 OOC loss?

Agreed, but today isn't over and we get one day to be real mad and have our meltdown.

DixieZag
12-08-2012, 11:09 PM
I thought that this team was too good to be beaten down at home. Out paced, sure, but I didn't think it could be held down and beaten like it was.

That is tough to handle, either Illinois is a LOT better than advertised or we are near as good.

But, to anyone standing on a bridge right now, here is my recommendation, click out of the Men's Basketball Forum, go into the Hall of Fame forum and read the Robert Sacre Family Thank You to everyone.

Cry for a minute or two, and come back here and see if it doesn't all seem a little trite to you.

Oregonzagnut
12-08-2012, 11:23 PM
I thought that this team was too good to be beaten down at home. Out paced, sure, but I didn't think it could be held down and beaten like it was. That is tough to handle, either Illinois is a LOT better than advertised or we are near as good.

This was on Few, but Illinois is bette than advertised. Everyone is entitled to continue to get better and change things to do so, but this change he made starting at WSU is a failure. We had a great thing going, using a 10 man rotation, using 2 different teams, and getting fresh legs in on defense at a 7-8 minute clip.

Now all that confidence, success and smooth operating flow is gone in favor of fixing something to make it better. OUCH!

Sacres family is great, and so is Sacre. But if you think about the starving children in Sudan then you can really pity us into not caring about this loss as much or questioning Fews game plans.

none of this loss do I put on our players.