• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagHouse
    Kennel Club
    • Jan 2009

Dower???

Still sick? Defensive liability? Could have used some of his scoring. It seems he got pulled after a terrible entry pass by Stocks in the 2nd.
  • zagapotomus
    Kennel Club Material
    • Nov 2011

The latter. I cringed every time.

Comment

• MBZags
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Feb 2007

The latter may have something to do with it, but he is still sick.

Comment

• zagapotomus
        Kennel Club Material
        • Nov 2011

I love Dower's O, but every time he gets blown by on the baseline for an uncontested layup...

Comment

• Ezag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Must not be that sick if he suited up....more like not that effective against athletic teams especially on the defensive end

Comment

• NEC26
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

In the time he was in there they blew right past him for easy layups. Pretty sure thats why he wasn't in.

Comment

• GeorgiaZagFan
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ZagHouse View Post
              Still sick? Defensive liability? Could have used some of his scoring. It seems he got pulled after a terrible entry pass by Stocks in the 2nd.
              I thought it was a good pass ..but Dower started falling as it got to him and he lost it. Don't know if the defender pulled him back...or "pulled the chair" out from under him. But it was right to him....There were a couple other passes to Dower at the start of the game that he didn't handle as well ...he needs to get stronger inside ..is he healthy ??? He looked flat on both ends of the court ...
              It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Comment

• Das Zagger
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Apr 2008

Good question, was wondering the same during the telecast.

One question, did the kid develop a right hand during the offseason or can he still only go left?

Comment

• HillBillyZag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

If you count him as a five?, he should be third on the depth chart. As usual, he he hit a nice shot for two and them proceeded to give up two or more hoops by his lack of defense/sleep walking on the floor?
                  [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
                  ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• MDABE80
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Sam's having a horrible past few games. No he hasn't developed his right hand. No he's not been playing good defense. He'll either pick it up or sit.
                    I like Sam. He's done some very good work here. He has miles to go.....I think he knows his shortcomings and his strengths. When he's back to good health, he'll pick it up.

Comment

• 2wiceright
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                      Sam's having a horrible past few games. No he hasn't developed his right hand. When he's back to good health, he'll pick it up.
                      +1

Sam has had a bad case of the flu this week, it was even in one of his tweets which is in an earlier thread.

With the exception of a few posters on this board (including Abe), there is so much going on behind the scenes that most of us know nothing about, period. I mostly now find it amusing how so many have all the answers and dish out blame to particular players (or the coach) without a clue to the reality behind the scenes- this flu being one small example.

It's a long season and this is still a very good team that played very bad tonight. As Kelly comes along making leaps in his game every week, Kevin and Gary keep learning and improving, Kyle has his coming out party against tough competition (hopefully before March), Kevin gets his mojo back (Remember Blake Stepp went 2 for 21 from 3 over two games against Nevada and Valpo) and other players playing sick or hurt (Bell is playing injured and it shows- Few mentioned his muscle pulls in his abdomen area won't fully heal till after the season).

Bottom line is this team will peak in March and has the talent, chemistry, and coach to be a legit top 10 team. Anyone who bought into the hype of EARLY December rankings was just like me- fooling themselves. There are new "parts" to this team that still need to gel as a team.

This still is going to be a year to remember. With a little luck and health, we have a good chance of taking back the conference title and going past the S16 This Year. I'm still excited as he!!.

Go Zags!!!
                      Last edited by 2wiceright; 12-09-2012, 12:47 AM. Reason: chg., spelling...
                      "Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
                      -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood

Comment

Working...
                      X