PDA

View Full Version : Beat by one guy year after year in big games

Ezag
12-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Every year in a big game there is that someone who has a career game against us...so the tradition continues.....

Spike94
12-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Not going to go off the deep end, but I was thinking the same thing as the game came to a close.

Zag@LMU
12-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Sure gets old.

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-08-2012, 09:17 PM
That happens occasionally when you schedule games against quality programs with talented players. Would you rather have played the Vandals tonight?

bostonzagfan
12-08-2012, 09:20 PM
draymond green ended up as one of the 10 best players in the country.

I suspect the same will be said about Brandon Paul.

HOOTER
12-08-2012, 09:21 PM
It has happened a few times in the past, and it did happen again tonight. F*** it. I'm gonna grab another beer now.

Oregonzagnut
12-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Yep, Pangos unfortunately has been the recipient of it too. We have always had great guards, we still have great guards, but consistently we lose the biggest games to ELITE guards. their back court had 40 pounds on ours and 2-3 inches.

To quote Dennis Green. "They are who we thought they were! And we let the off the hook." We played them 3 times, they told us what they were going to do, we knew what they had to do, we knew what we needed to do. We let them do it, we didn't change it in fact we did something completely different.

Maybe Few needs to read the axiom of "Occams razor."

we have supposed dominant front court, use it to the fullest. Why did we not?

TacomaZAG
12-08-2012, 09:44 PM
What do these four guys (and others I can't think of right now) have in common:

Brandon Paul
Draymond Green
Jimmer Fredette
Stephon Curry

Answer: They all went off for career highs against the Zags in big games. Yes, they are all elite players, but knowing that why can't we at least try to make someone else on their teams beat us??? Maybe try a box and 1 or a triangle and 2 or a couple of different zone looks. "Keep Sawing Wood" is not a reasonable answer to these elite athletes having career nights against us. It happens way too often to be a coincidence.............

Go ZAGS

spike_jr
12-08-2012, 09:46 PM

Brandon Paul
Draymond Green
Jimmer Fredette
Stephon Curry

Answer: They all went off for career highs against the Zags in big games. Yes, they are all elite players, but knowing that why can't we at least try to make someone else on their teams beat us??? Maybe try a box and 1 or a triangle and 2 or a couple of different zone looks. "Keep Sawing Wood" is not a reasonable answer to these elite athletes having career nights against us. It happens way too often to be a coincidence.............

Go ZAGS

Amen

PS - and what is Few's aversion to using Time Outs to stop runs? We get beat by 11 but take 2 Time Outs home. Maybe use them once in a while to stop runs?

awberke
12-08-2012, 09:54 PM
He didn't career for one thing.

Zags11
12-08-2012, 09:59 PM
He didn't career for one thing.

Just season high.

illinigrad08
12-08-2012, 10:15 PM

Brandon Paul
Draymond Green
Jimmer Fredette
Stephon Curry

Go ZAGS

To be fair, this is the best game BP43 has ever played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOfHjgzOMBs

HeyGuys
12-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Paul had a 43 pointer last year

Zag79
12-09-2012, 12:50 AM

Brandon Paul
Draymond Green
Jimmer Fredette
Stephon Curry

Go ZAGS

Bingo.The elite 8 team is the last team to really run a different defense to earn a W, and Monson was the coach. Since then, we lose the same way every time. We allow too many threes, we allow one guy to go for a season/career high, or we miss too many threes. Easy to fix that... Play different defense, feed the post. Winning chances increase automatically. It's not the players every year folks, this team has Final 4 potential. Would love to see it take form!