PDA

View Full Version : Just rewatched the WSU game...

adoptedzag
12-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Did we not know that Motum had 2 fouls? I mean, he's *never* going to defend from that point on. Why settle for jump shots? Force our way in there and put him under pressure. Even the announcers were a little baffled. They even said something to the effect of "when something works, keep running it until they stop it."

I'm not a basketball guru, but am I missing something? We need to have that killer instinct and step on the opponents throat instead of allowing them to do whatever they want and hoping to out-skill them rather than just getting our hands dirty and cutting off the snake's head (Motum in this case, Delly in the future, etc etc)

Zag4Hire
12-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Well said Adopted. I had to watch the game last night as it was on too late for me being in the East. Simon sounded very puzzled by that development especially after Motum still being hot. Simon was saying, "The refs are absolutely looking to call a foul on Motum right here. They have the whistle in their mouth and are looking to blow it." The last possessions of the half were all jumpers like Adopted said. Also the rebounding. Where was the rebounding? Right, Harris, KO, and GBJ had very solid performances but the way I see it, Hart was the player who may have saved December for the Zags. He had so many key boards; it was amazing. Quite frankly, I think he had two other plays that should have been steals but are counted as fouls.

Salsageek
12-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Yeah I hear you man. I was yelling at the TV because of that. After Motum got his T the next time down the floor KO had Motum guarding him and he pulled up for a jumper and missed. That could of been his 3rd foul and send him straight to the bench or an easy layup.

tobizag
12-07-2012, 08:53 AM
i bet karnowski would have had something to say about that, had he played.....

:horse:

ZenZag
12-07-2012, 09:38 AM
yes....extremely frustrating to see them not aggressively go after Motum! We just don't feed the post often enough in general.....c'mon, we have TWO footers capable of excellent post play...let's use that huge advantage!

I just felt like pretty much the whole way through they were playing to not lose rather than to win. That is actually where I think simply getting a loss actually helps......no more "undefeated" pressure.....just go PLAY and let the winning take care of itself....

FlyZag
12-07-2012, 10:08 AM
We just don't feed the post often enough in general.....c'mon, we have TWO footers capable of excellent post play...let's use that huge advantage!

Sometimes you have to give credit to the other team. The Cougars were doing an excellent job of denying the entry pass by pressuring the perimeter with their athletic guards.

Coach made adjustments and started running the high screen and even the post-to-post pick and roll with Elias & Kelly. Then we started taking advantage and that's a major reason why Kelly had 22 points in the second half.