PDA

View Full Version : Elias breaks into the DraftExpress top 100

Idahomie
12-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Elias finally getting back on the NBA DraftExpress boards. Nice to see after his big game last night in Pullman. It's well deserved.

The Big Karnowski is sitting at number 45

http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/Top-100-Prospects/

Baldwinzag
12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Elias will rise up draft boards with every game...

speaking of, given all the recent pub, scouting, and coaching reports, I have an inkling we lose BOTH Karnowski & Olynyk to the NBA this off-season.

KO & PK are already considered early 2nd Round picks and will only move up as the season progresses.

Kelly, especially, is enticing all sorts of interest from NBA -- he's 7'1", can handle the ball like he's 6'5", rapidly developing in all phases. he can shoot the 3, dribble-drive, high-low pass, bball IQ, very skilled, and hustles on defense. smart kid, unique personality, etc. there's a reason the Canadian Nat'l Team continually preaches he's an 'NBA player' in the making and even Devonte Lacy stated, "he's going to make a lot of money soon".

he has things to work on, yet what 7'1" college poster player doesn't? KO is one of the best prospects, right now. i'd say a somewhat less athletic version of Cody Zeller, yet also 2" taller.

he's a Zag through and through, yet have a feeling he's a lottery pick in 2013 draft. question is, will he pass it up for another year?

as far as Karnowski is concerned, he came to the States to make the NBA and felt his best chance/opportunity was College hoops...he's flying up radars and currently projected as high 2nd Round pick and after he tears up WCC comp, he could garner 1st Round consideration -- I think he takes it, especially with inconsistent minutes for him with such a deep front court, yet he's 7'1", 300 lbs, and one of kind type of prospect right now...no one his size is as skilled in all NCAA...

Of all the players last night vs WSU, I thought he deserved more opportunity, yet given KO's productivity and Elias' all-around effort, can understand why he didn't see the floor much...hope to see more of him on Sat.

Worthington
12-06-2012, 04:01 PM
I doubt either Olynyk or Karnowski will declare after this year. Unless Kelly is being project in the first round (which is a possibility if he keeps it up), I think it's in his best interests to come back and have an even bigger senior year with Harris no longer in the front court. Karnowksi, as of right now, is no where near ready for the NBA. He might be able to declare this year and go in the second round, off his potential alone, but I envision him staying at Gonzaga until his junior year when he can really come in and play big minutes for us. At least I think it would be a colossal mistake for him to make the leap this early.

Mojo13
12-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Who has Kelly projected in the 2nd round right now? I dont see him on any mock draft. Not that he shouldnt be, just think the word is not out yet.

FuManShoes
12-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Amen for dreamin', but all three seem like real long shots. Kelly is skilled but not explosive or strong enough for the league. Harris is explosive but undersized and not a good enough ball handler, shooter or defender to play the 3. PK has a million miles to go, repeatedly gets blocked by small guys and and can't hit a free throw. Love them on the Zags and think they can take us places but having seen so many Zags and other special player before them passed over by the NBA, I'm putting no stock in the draft boards and thinking you have to be an absolute beast or know where Hoffa is buried to make the league. I rewatch old Heytvelt clips and think, "How the hell did this guy never sniff an NBA roster?"

zagfan24
12-06-2012, 05:11 PM
The idea that the NBA "drafts on potential" will become less true over time...in fact, I think it is already happening. The professional ranks are far too cutthroat and the need to win now dominates above all else. I remember arguing with a friend when Daniel Orton of Kentucky declared...I couldn't believe he would do so without playing many minutes in college, my friend countered that he had so much "potential" that he was stupid not to go as soon as he could. He certainly may have had potential, but the NBA is not about developing talent. He's now a D-leaguer.

Declaring early is great when you are ready for the NBA. Otherwise, it's a huge gamble.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
12-06-2012, 05:30 PM
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2013/

Jonathan rulesxoxoxox :)...

Elias deserves it! He is our warrior!!!

MDABE80
12-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Elais is out most vicsious player. Just does everything. He looks like he REALLy want the game. He's going all out. Rarely have I seen such a player. He's just amazing. He never stops. WIthout him, we'd be in serious trouble . I hope he can transfer his seemingly desparate attitude to the others. Him and Hart just are plain tough. I ish Hart would shoot more to go with his defense. Somehow, Bell needs to step up........Gary seems relentless if you focus on him.

Love this team!

Birddog
12-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Kelly would go if he were a lottery pick, that's a long way off. If he keeps improving, he could possibly be a 1st rounder this year. If he's a late 1stee, then he may stay, tough call. If you're a lottery pick, you almost have to make the jump.

Karno is no where near the first round and would do well to get at least an additional year of college hoops

Orton was on the Thunder roster and had his butt nailed to the end of the bench. In retrospect, he made the right move at the right time. He took the money which probably would not have been there the next year. I think he's a bit disappointed that his career hasn't been better. The Thunder has him getting PT up the turnpike in Tulsa. They actually cut him loose in camp but re-signed him after the big trade.

ZagLawGrad
12-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Go big fella :cheers:

Vanzagger
12-06-2012, 10:32 PM
is it too late to redshirt E?

ZagaZags
12-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Elias will rise up draft boards with every game...

speaking of, given all the recent pub, scouting, and coaching reports, I have an inkling we lose BOTH Karnowski & Olynyk to the NBA this off-season.

KO & PK are already considered early 2nd Round picks and will only move up as the season progresses.

Kelly, especially, is enticing all sorts of interest from NBA -- he's 7'1", can handle the ball like he's 6'5", rapidly developing in all phases. he can shoot the 3, dribble-drive, high-low pass, bball IQ, very skilled, and hustles on defense. smart kid, unique personality, etc. there's a reason the Canadian Nat'l Team continually preaches he's an 'NBA player' in the making and even Devonte Lacy stated, "he's going to make a lot of money soon".

he has things to work on, yet what 7'1" college poster player doesn't? KO is one of the best prospects, right now. i'd say a somewhat less athletic version of Cody Zeller, yet also 2" taller.

he's a Zag through and through, yet have a feeling he's a lottery pick in 2013 draft. question is, will he pass it up for another year?

as far as Karnowski is concerned, he came to the States to make the NBA and felt his best chance/opportunity was College hoops...he's flying up radars and currently projected as high 2nd Round pick and after he tears up WCC comp, he could garner 1st Round consideration -- I think he takes it, especially with inconsistent minutes for him with such a deep front court, yet he's 7'1", 300 lbs, and one of kind type of prospect right now...no one his size is as skilled in all NCAA...

Of all the players last night vs WSU, I thought he deserved more opportunity, yet given KO's productivity and Elias' all-around effort, can understand why he didn't see the floor much...hope to see more of him on Sat.

Olynyk and Karnowski will be back next season. ( trust me ) But i am sure Karnowski will leave after his sophmore season.

Crazy
12-07-2012, 07:17 AM
And he is back in there mock draft, as the last pick

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2013/

Pleasant Peninsula
12-07-2012, 09:00 AM
We need a moratorium on "X player is going to be in the NBA" discussions. The predictions contained therein are almost universally wrong, often laughably so.

23zagmd
12-07-2012, 07:08 PM
a conversation on this board that had the entire starting 5 in the NBA when we had the team with Daye, Downs, etc.

I love Elias, but he is a tweener at the NBA level and just MIGHT not translate to being a drafted player.

The two 7 footers have a much better chance of landing there but even they are not guaranteed a spot in the NBA anymore. Look at how difficult it is for Sacre to stay on a roster.

There are sooooo many factors, team need, draft position, free agency, etc. that play into where and if these kids get drafted..

I'll believe it when I see it!

bigblahla
12-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Olynyk and Karnowski will be back next season. ( trust me ) But i am sure Karnowski will leave after his sophmore season.

Well his roomie will still be here and for that reason and others I think you are mistaken. I've said it before and I'll say it again it's not always about the money. He'll be better after three years than two.

Just my opinion,.

Go!! Zags!!!

ZagaZags
12-08-2012, 02:01 AM
Well his roomie will still be here and for that reason and others I think you are mistaken. I've said it before and I'll say it again it's not always about the money. He'll be better after three years than two.

Just my opinion,.

Go!! Zags!!!

I can see 3 years but I also see a big year for him next season. Karnowski has made it clear from day 1 he wants to get to the NBA. Olynyk will be back for sure.

bballbeachbum
12-08-2012, 09:24 AM
a conversation on this board that had the entire starting 5 in the NBA when we had the team with Daye, Downs, etc.

I love Elias, but he is a tweener at the NBA level and just MIGHT not translate to being a drafted player.

The two 7 footers have a much better chance of landing there but even they are not guaranteed a spot in the NBA anymore. Look at how difficult it is for Sacre to stay on a roster.

There are sooooo many factors, team need, draft position, free agency, etc. that play into where and if these kids get drafted..

I'll believe it when I see it!

me too. both Pargo and Daye are there, Josh was tracking until Cheney. Micah and Steven haven't made it, but thinking they might have (or still might?) doesn't = absurd to me. all 5 had legit chances. 2 made it