PDA

View Full Version : I love this team

tobizag
12-06-2012, 08:34 AM
my chest is still hurting from the 17 heart attacks i had last night. the caffeine is slowly kicking in as i try and recover from a very late bedtime (difficult to fall asleep with that much adrenaline coursing through my veins).

the dust is settled and yes, we somehow beat the cougars. we withstood an incredibly hostile environment and our worst half of the season, to say nothing of the onslaught of miraculous plays that went the cougs way last night, and we find ourselves the recipient of a vintage elias harris performance, coupled with a breakout for kelly and a straight miracle from mr pangos.

we're 9-0 for the first time in history!

to my eyes, what sets this team apart from other versions is their composure under pressure. yes i realize we looked sloppy all night but when it mattered most they stayed calm and found a way.

i love the depth, i love the skill, i love the passion, and i love the win streak!

let's make it 10 on saturday!

rennis
12-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Quality post.

:agreed:

Gonna be a fun year.

77Zag
12-06-2012, 08:45 AM
my chest is still hurting from the 17 heart attacks i had last night. the caffeine is slowly kicking in as i try and recover from a very late bedtime (difficult to fall asleep with that much adrenaline coursing through my veins).

the dust is settled and yes, we somehow beat the cougars. we withstood an incredibly hostile environment and our worst half of the season, to say nothing of the onslaught of miraculous plays that went the cougs way last night, and we find ourselves the recipient of a vintage elias harris performance, coupled with a breakout for kelly and a straight miracle from mr pangos.

we're 9-0 for the first time in history!

to my eyes, what sets this team apart from other versions is their composure under pressure. yes i realize we looked sloppy all night but when it mattered most they stayed calm and found a way.

i love the depth, i love the skill, i love the passion, and i love the win streak!

let's make it 10 on saturday!

Right on Tobizag...
the intangible is the chemistry. When Kelly made his 3 and Pangos sealed the victory with the layup, the bench was going crazy. I think I saw Stockton and Bakamus jumping around like cheerleaders on Red Bull! They are all pulling for each other and the team is first. Hopefully it stays this way. Going to be a fun year.

Go Zags!!

bostonzagfan
12-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Quality post.

:agreed:

Gonna be a fun year.

I hate your sig.

rennis
12-06-2012, 08:53 AM
I hate your sig.

I hate yours too. Way too vanilla for my liking.

Reborn
12-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Great thread. I love this team too, and I love games like that. We're still in the first part of the season and in a hostile environment so you might expect some sloppiness. You are right about how things seemed to be going the Cougar's way. In the end the Zags seemed to defy fate, and turn an upset into a victory.

Kelly was unbelievable last night. He reminded of the Kelly of old, very uncoordinated and limited in what he could do on a basketball court. And then the new Kelly showed up the second half, and scored 22 points, and hit a very big three near the end of the game. A very gutsy shot.

zag67
12-06-2012, 09:40 AM
I would like to say that our bigs are something else and we have 4 different
bigs that can be the ones to do the job. One of these days a team will take that option away and then our guards will be the answer. This to me is a great set of kids that have the right chemistry and make a super team. Depending upon the opponent, I think that different players will be our saviors. Some time we will Drano, and then other nights we will need someone else to step up. I love watch them play, I just hope that my heart will make it. Great win.