• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MTZag03
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2012

Free Throws :(

After watching the game I looked at the box score. We beat them in every category except for one, which is of course freethrows. 8-15 for 53%. It almost bit us tonight. I'm ecstatic about the the win, and drinking the koolaid, but come on! This would have been a comfortable win if we hit those. If Kevin hit his 1-1 at the end of the game it wouldn't have come down to a desperation shot (loved his last shot though). Oh well. All is well that ends well!
  • Oregonzagnut
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by MTZag03 View Post
    After watching the game I looked at the box score. We beat them in every category except for one, which is of course freethrows. 8-15 for 53%. It almost bit us tonight. I'm ecstatic about the the win, and drinking the koolaid, but come on! This would have been a comfortable win if we hit those. If Kevin hit his 1-1 at the end of the game it wouldn't have come down to a desperation shot (loved his last shot though). Oh well. All is well that ends well!
    FT's is mental. I am dumbfounded as why this is occurring this year.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• adoptedzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MTZag03 View Post
      Pangos channeled his inner Meech tonight.

Comment

• CDC84
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

The game shouldn't have been that close near the end. There was some real piss poor defense near the end. That's of greater concern to me than the foul shooting, which obviously needs to improve.

Comment

• Nevtelen
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
          The game shouldn't have been that close near the end. There was some real piss poor defense near the end. That's of greater concern to me than the foul shooting, which obviously needs to improve.
          I agree. Guys started to panic on D I think. As a teacher I think you have to be exposed to a test/situation/whatever a couple of times to really get it down. This team seems to learn well. I think they'll get better from this and be better in the future. I hope so - with all those 3s the Illini have to be licking their chops.

Comment

• allnet59
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Dec 2009

Big athletic guards will exploit ours.

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by adoptedzag View Post
              Pangos channeled his inner Meech tonight.
              Very Meech-esque! Tied game, 8 seconds, runs the length, scores with 3 seconds left.

Wow!
              “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

Working...
              X