PDA

View Full Version : GU vs WSU Vegas Line

LongIslandZagFan
12-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Zags giving 11.5
O/U is 132

If I were in Vegas I'd be laying money on the Over.

Reborn
12-05-2012, 08:33 AM
It's looking as if my first prediction of a 14 point victory is closer to the Vegas line. My prediction of winning by 20 pts makes an 11 point win look pretty safe.

Go Zags!!!Go Zags!!!Go Zags!!!Go Zags!!!Go zags!!!Go Zags!!!Go Zags!!!

Oregonzagnut
12-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Zags giving 11.5
O/U is 132

If I were in Vegas I'd be laying money on the Over.

I would probably bet the over since any of these outcomes could happen. 92-40? 82-50? 72-60? Not so sure what WSU is going to try to do. But my gut feeling is WSU deliberately slows down the game to try and grind out a win and see if we get cold.

If people think this game is going to be like many of the other Zag-Coug games, you might have to go with the under. It could be a slow ugly grinder, though I doubt it. But it will be physical and the Cougs will not want to be manhandled in front of their own fans.

I would bet the Zags cover that spread with ease but not sure about the point total.

madness
12-05-2012, 08:46 AM
85% of the General Public betting the Over
59% Betting GU to Cover

zaguarxj
12-05-2012, 09:08 AM
59% Betting GU to CoverI though vegas adjusted the line to make the money even on both sides?

hondo
12-05-2012, 09:09 AM
This just adds fuel to the fire that is burning in the Cougar gut.

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Rivalry game. First true road game. A bigger opponent lerking on Saturday. I won't be swallowing the pts.

Zag@LMU
12-05-2012, 09:20 AM
I though vegas adjusted the line to make the money even on both sides?

Money being even does not mean that 50% of betters are taking each side. Also, the spread is is changed based upon how the money is being placed, so it actually lags behind the true betting. Ie, if the spread moves from 11 to 12, then it shows that people were betting the cover heavier, therefore they make the spread larger to encourage bets on the + ATS side.

Edit and my stats now show

GU ATS: 70%
Over: 87%

Mr Vulture
12-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Wazzu is horrid offensively, outside of Motum, and may struggle to get to 50 in this game. Therefore, I would take the under without hesitation. As far as the line, anything less than a 20 point win will be disappointing to me so laying the points is easy as well.

primal23
12-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Wazzu is horrid offensively, outside of Motum, and may struggle to get to 50 in this game. Therefore, I would take the under without hesitation. As far as the line, anything less than a 20 point win will be disappointing to me so laying the points is easy as well.

Hate to say it, but I have the feeling you will be disappointed. Down in Pullman, and only having a 8 pt win last year(albeit that this team is better then last years), 6-8 pt spread IMHO. (Not going to pick on which side though, anxious superstition lol)

hondo
12-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Games are won by talent sometimes and by effort and desire sometimes. We appear to have the talent to beat them but will we have the same level of desire and effort? This is a huge game for the Cougs and I fear it is just another big game for the Zags.

Zag4Hire
12-05-2012, 11:45 AM
WSU/Under

Look-ahead game for Zags & Wazzu will be fired up
Zags not doing well from charity stripe
Both teams sporting a combined 1-5 O/U.

Reborn
12-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Games are won by talent sometimes and by effort and desire sometimes. We appear to have the talent to beat them but will we have the same level of desire and effort? This is a huge game for the Cougs and I fear it is just another big game for the Zags.

Hondo? Have you been watching the games? The Zags this year are by far playing the best defense they have ever played under Mark FEw, imo. The guys are really hustling all over the court and moving faster on defense then I have ever seen them. Even Dower is beginnging to rebound and play defense. So far this year the Zags are holding their opponents to an amazing average of 57.5 points per game. You don't do that if you're not hustling and if you don't have desire. The Zags are 17th in the nation in rebounding and you don't outrebound opponents unless you are hustling. The Zags are 9-0 so far, I think the best record ever for this time of year. You don't go undefeated without effort and hustle. Finally, have you seen how fast the Zags are moving the ball down court and scoring an average of 85 points per game because of that tempo? That takes hustle and effort and being in really good shape.

Is this game bigger for WSU than GU? Why would you think it is? GU is fighting this year to be exceptional and get a good seed in the NCAA tournament. Yes, they came out slow and lethargic against Pacific a result of winning the Old Spice Classic and the other end of the country. However, they got it together and ended up scoring 85 points. Yes, WSU certainly wants a victory tonight. It could turn their season around. But to say that they will out hustle the Zags is just not evident to me. The Cougs did not lose to Kansas by 40 points because they outhustled them. I doubt that they lost to Pepperdine by outhustling them. I'm really studying their schedule and I don't see a good win. Would you say a victory over a 12 point victory over Portland at home is a good victory? Would you say a nine point victory over Idaho is a good victory?

I think some fans don't remember how good the WSU teams were in the last decade. The two Bennents, father and son were darn good coaches and specialized in toughness. Both are considered very good coaches. Randy proved his excellence as a coach at WSU, and he had some very very good players that he was able to recruit. Those teams beat the Zags at home because they were very good teams. This years WSU team can not be considered in that class, imo.

hondo
12-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Reborn, I hope you are right. But Hondo is a constant worrier trying to recover. To us old timers this is THEE game

Reborn
12-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Reborn, I hope you are right. But Hondo is a constant worrier trying to recover.

:lmao::lmao: You're funny hondo. I needed a good laugh at this time of day as I await the game tonight. For a moment there I thought you were turning into BZ.

LongIslandZagFan
12-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Winner is... WSU ATS and Over... I don't bet on Zag games typically... If I were it would be the O/U only. On that note.. I called it on post 1.

IrishZagFan
12-06-2012, 07:54 AM
59% Betting GU to Cover

Over was correct 140 vs 132 line.
GU didn't cover the 11.5 points.

Still take the win!