• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 23dpg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Half time shot

I first saw this on SI's extra mustard page. Does anybody want to fess up?

Heavy non-athletic dude shoots a halfcourt shot less than halfway and the ball travels no higher than his head. Love the guy's reaction. He's disappointed as...
    Birds aren’t real.
  • ZenZag
    Kennel Club Material
    • Nov 2012

I couldn't believe they replayed that on the broadcast......poor dude!! Ok....it was humorous (maybe more on the bizarre side).....but....how embarrassing is that anyway in front of the crowd in attendance....then they go and broadcast it for all the "world" to see......I just feel so bad for the guy. Even though I still don't understand exactly how that was even possible......

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2008

If it were me I would have fallen to the ground and held my calf for awhile. It also works for blown layups :]

Comment

• adoptedzag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
        If it were me I would have fallen to the ground and held my calf for awhile. It also works for blown layups :]

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
          Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
          • Feb 2007

Man, if I ever got a chance to take that shot, and I airballed it, I would find a dark cave, a tv with a vcr combo, and the complete set of the tv show Golden Girls, and I would go into hiding for the REST OF MY LIFE.
          Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• GoZags
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

I heard some guy once missed 9 straight free throws (after swishing his first shot)
            sigpic
            “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
            ——-
            List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
            Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
              Man, if I ever got a chance to take that shot, and I airballed it, I would find a dark cave, a tv with a vcr combo, and the complete set of the tv show Golden Girls, and I would go into hiding for the REST OF MY LIFE.
              Hey now. That was my Friday night.
              What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• Ziggy
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

...uh...um...woohoo...?...you...uh...did...uh...ge t that chance...didn't you...?...and I think you...um...airballed it...right...? St Mary's game 2011...right ? Did you do the rest of those things too ? But your shot was much closer then that the other night. I guess there is some consolation in that.
                "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                  Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Ziggy View Post
                  ...uh...um...woohoo...?...you...uh...did...uh...ge t that chance...didn't you...?...and I think you...um...airballed it...right...? St Mary's game 2011...right ? Did you do the rest of those things too ? But your shot was much closer then that the other night. I guess there is some consolation in that.
                  Hmmm....doesn't ring a bell??

CaliforniaZaggin- ha ha ha ha
                  Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• ZagNut08
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                    I heard some guy once missed 9 straight free throws (after swishing his first shot)
                    Rumor has it someone else missed all five 3 pointers, including a nice airball from the corner to start it off

Comment

• Pargo the Destroyer
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2008

Witness.

Comment

• GhostZag
                        Bulldog Fan
                        • Feb 2010

"gozagswoohoo: Hmmm....doesn't ring a bell??"

Oh, I can take care of that. Here is a little reminder. Good times... well uh...
                        WooHoo in the MAC trying a half court shot for $1200 - Kissing the Bulldog - Feb. 11, 2010

Ya know, that $1200 prize would have bought a lot of goat chow for Francis...

Comment

• Colbyspapa
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Jan 2008

Whoohoo, 828 people have now witnessed that on YouTube thanks to Ghostzag!

Comment

• Birddog
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Hmmm....doesn't ring a bell??

In situations like these, the bell doesn't ring, it clangs
                            Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                            Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                            All mimsy were the borogoves,
                            And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• mgadfly
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

He is a good guy and loves the Zags. I haven't talked to him in a couple years (I moved away from Spokane), but last time I did I thought his back and/or knees were having some issues from an accident.

Still, when I saw this, I fired off some texts to mutual friends so we could give him a hard time.

Comment

Working...
                              X