View Full Version : 5 Good Signs/Things I liked

bostonzagfan
12-02-2012, 07:30 AM
1) 23-28 from free throw line

2) Just 8 turnovers

3) Dower's all around play

4) Bell 11 shot attempts and 4 assists - love the aggressiveness out of him

5) 37-19 rebounding margin

That is how you win when the three isn't falling. board up, get to the line (and MAKE them), and take care of the ball.

Reborn
12-02-2012, 07:51 AM
1. Watching PK hustle and get on the floor a few times and the crowd reaction.

2. Watching Kelly Olynyk and just being amazed by how good he is.

3. I enjoy watching the unselfishness of this team and how well they are passing into the low post. I liked the scoring of our three post players. They were unstoppable last night.

4. Kudos to Sam Dower for finally deciding to give it 100% effort. He seems like he wants more playing time. The depth at our posts (high and low) will help Sam become all he can be because if he doesn't play at his highest level he will get more pine time.

5. I'm glad we won, and that we won by 18. The Zags did NOT play their A game, were somewhat lethargic at the beginning, and Pacific is a good basketball team. They played hard and good to the very end. I'm not sure I can say that about Gonzaga last night. I don't think Pacific wanted to get beat by more then twenty. At least they played that way. They hit about 3 or 4 of their 10 three's in the last two minutes of the game. So their high number of three's is a little deceiving. Overall Gonzaga guarded the 3 pretty good.

jazzdelmar
12-02-2012, 07:59 AM
1. few continuing to push all the right buttons. so many options, so many pitfalls but he has been brilliant.

2. foxie rooting for a big snow.

3. bell being a bit less gun shy.

4. arguably the best frontline in cbb

5. routing a team in a game that in past years would have been a nail biter. this edition is just that good that it breezes when it plays less well.

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-02-2012, 08:08 AM
What I liked? They didn't let off of the gas and never Pacific fight back into the game. In past years, Gonzaga has had a bad habit of easing up on defensive effort and getting sloppy with ball control once they build a big lead. This team refused to do that. They were trailing in the rebound margin during the early minutes of the game. The fact that they came back to win the boards by such a huge margin shows how hard they fought for the entire forty minutes.

HOOTER
12-02-2012, 08:59 AM
4) Bell 11 shot attempts and 4 assists - love the aggressiveness out of him

I found myself not just rooting for the team, but for Bell individually also. When he's on his game, he elevates the whole team. Good to see him heating up again.

BobZag
12-02-2012, 04:53 PM
1. few continuing to push all the right buttons. so many options, so many pitfalls but he has been brilliant.

2. foxie rooting for a big snow.

3. bell being a bit less gun shy.

4. arguably the best frontline in cbb

5. routing a team in a game that in past years would have been a nail biter. this edition is just that good that it breezes when it plays less well.

Re: 2. If he meant that literally, he and I need to talk.

MickMick
12-02-2012, 05:17 PM
1) Team didn't rely too much on Stockton to get the bigs rolling.

2) Dranginis is very good with the penetration dish. This aspect of his game isn't getting nearly enough play here. Consistently draws the defender and passes inside for an easy score.

3) Sam is heating up and lately, his FG% is insane.

4) Team was able to turn on the intensity switch after falling asleep early.

5) Collectively, the bigs are playing very hard (including PK's knee burns). Great effort by the front court.

bostonzagfan
12-02-2012, 05:28 PM
I found myself not just rooting for the team, but for Bell individually also. When he's on his game, he elevates the whole team. Good to see him heating up again.

same. i'm not worried about getting scoring from our bigs - they will score. i'm not worried about kevin being gun shy- that will never happen. in games against really good teams we will need gary to rise to the occasion. I think he will