PDA

View Full Version : This game was needed

CDC84
11-29-2012, 08:09 PM
I know some ticket holders would rather see some other team besides Lewis Clark State in K2, but tonight was a great example of why you schedule games like this. You can sit out dinged up players like Harris and Bell and still win by 47. Guys like Karno and Olynyk, who are still adjusting to things, get to play extended, uninterrupted minutes. Dranginis builds his confidence. The game costs little to schedule compared to a Big Sky school, and it doesn't count in terms of the RPI.

About the only thing I didn't like was seeing was Sam Dower get badly worked over defensively on three separate occasions by NAIA post players, further strengthening my fears that he might be the worst defensive big man in the Few era....

thickman1
11-29-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm sure I'll get killed for this but Sam just seems lazy. He doesn't block out. He's slow to rotate over and just seems absolutely disinterested on the court unless he's a) trying to get position on the offensive end to warrant a pass, or b) he already has the ball looking to score.

Oregonzagnut
11-29-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm sure I'll get killed for this but Sam just seems lazy. He doesn't block out. He's slow to rotate over and just seems absolutely disinterested on the court unless he's a) trying to get position on the offensive end to warrant a pass, or b) he already has the ball looking to score.

Do you mean "sleepy" like Sam Perkins?

SteelZag
11-29-2012, 08:39 PM
And how was Ammo's D?

hooter73
11-29-2012, 09:09 PM
When Sam is an All American and second draft pick and scores 35 in one half at 80 some percent shooting, then you can not worry about his defense.

ZagaZags
11-29-2012, 10:02 PM
When Sam is an All American and second draft pick and scores 35 in one half at 80 some percent shooting, then you can not worry about his defense.

Was picked 3rd by the Bobcats.

thickman1
11-30-2012, 04:59 AM
And how was Ammo's D? Lacking, but what is your point? I hated watching Adam play defense. But unless Adam is now on the staff and is working one-on-one with Sam on his defensive intensity and ability to box out I don't see a point to your post.

Reborn
11-30-2012, 05:39 AM
I agree with CDC that games like this are needed, just to have a little more fun. I know I sure needed it, hahahaa. I love to see all those 3 pt shots going through the net. Watching Dranginis made me giggle with joy. He reminded me of Pangos last year against WSU. I have been waiting to see that kind of a game from him. But it wasn't just him. Barnham and Stockton were letting them fly too, and it was just awesome for me. My oldest son and three grandkids got to go to the game last night. My son called me after the game, and he so happy. He was so giddy. He sounded like he was in Heaven.

The second unit is so good this year. They really are just as much fun to watch as the first unit, accept for Elias. It's amazing to see how much more comfortable PK is in the Kennel. When he plays like he did last night I really like to watch him play.

bigblahla
11-30-2012, 05:46 AM
I know some ticket holders would rather see some other team besides Lewis Clark State in K2, but tonight was a great example of why you schedule games like this. You can sit out dinged up players like Harris and Bell and still win by 47. Guys like Karno and Olynyk, who are still adjusting to things, get to play extended, uninterrupted minutes. Dranginis builds his confidence. The game costs little to schedule compared to a Big Sky school, and it doesn't count in terms of the RPI.

About the only thing I didn't like was seeing was Sam Dower get badly worked over defensively on three separate occasions by NAIA post players, further strengthening my fears that he might be the worst defensive big man in the Few era....

Sam's center of gravity is still way to high for good defensive movement, needs to study Rob on film and try to emulate his positioning. Just lowering his center of gravity and spreading out will help but he still has to move his feet and his feet may end up being the bane of his defense as they don't seem quick on "D". Hope he can pull it together. Great kid but much work to do on "D".

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

rijman
11-30-2012, 06:52 AM
I agree, this was a good game for the Zags. The Zags got to rest a couple players who needed it and some bench players got good PT. Draino got to show his stuff and build his confidence, what a game. Drew played well. I was hoping Edi would have a big game to build his confidence, but he put up only 5 points in 18 minutes with no boards, no assists and 1 TO. Overall, it was a good game for the Zags and the experience gained by the bench players will help the team down the road.