PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs Lewis & Clark St...Predictions/thoughts

Reborn
11-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Gonzaga 93
LC State 58

Looking forward to see the Zags back at Home after the OSC. I am thinking of what Pangos said, how this year's Zags will play as hard as they can against every team they play and WILL NOT LET UP.

I hope to see some great three point shooting. Fans are hungry for a Wendy's burger. I think we need to improve our shooting from beyond the 3 pt line.....so let's get it going. Just looking forward to seeing our subs play more so they can get more experience,especially PK and Dranginis.

Pargo the Destroyer
11-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Tacos 100
Not Tacos 49

adoptedzag
11-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Gu 113
lcs 55

Baldwinzag
11-28-2012, 06:19 PM
It will be a blow-out.

Although, good thing we're playing this game as the Zags are kinda in rough shape at the moment...they left Orlanda immediately following the Davidson game and didn't land in Spokane until 6am the next day...essentially, a 15 hour cross-country trip, just 2 days ago...not to mention the flu spreading like wildfire across the team. GBJ is improving, and Pangos isn't sick, yet all others have or had the flu...

I say play everyone 10 mins and call it night. Get rested, ready, and healthy for Pacific this wkend. A very solid team, those Tigers...

HOOTER
11-28-2012, 06:38 PM
It's a good time to play this game. They made it look easy, but traveling across the country to play three games in four days against solid competition takes its toll. They need this, and I'd imagine it could get ugly. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Zags win this by 30+.

Kiddwell
11-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Supermen - 102
Lois & Clark - 55

:]

rennis
11-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Gonzaga by 38. 92-54.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GoGU
11-28-2012, 09:05 PM
It will be a blow-out.

Although, good thing we're playing this game as the Zags are kinda in rough shape at the moment...they left Orlanda immediately following the Davidson game and didn't land in Spokane until 6am the next day...essentially, a 15 hour cross-country trip, just 2 days ago...not to mention the flu spreading like wildfire across the team. GBJ is improving, and Pangos isn't sick, yet all others have or had the flu...

Flight would have been shorter, but it was diverted into Boise because the fog was too heavy to land in Spokane. So they were supposed to arrive in Spokane about 6 hours before they actually did. Even the private charter has its drawbacks...

And my prediction:
Zags 101
Not Zags 55

MickMick
11-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Isn't this team 9-0?

Thought I read that somewhere. They might put up a decent fight.

bigblahla
11-29-2012, 04:01 AM
Isn't this team 9-0?

Thought I read that somewhere. They might put up a decent fight.

Mick, only the fans are overlooking LC State. Just hope we're healthy when we hit the floor. The team knows it's a game and won't take their opponent lightly.

When I saw Chaminade beat Louisville with Darrell Griffith in "83" the year after they beat UVA they had 6 players that played most of the time LC State is a heck of a lot deeper but then so are we.

Could be tougher than some think though as this game is the biggest game on their schedule and they have absolutely nothing to lose. If we come out lethargic missing shots and they come out on fire that would give them way more confidence than we should allow. Pound the ball inside and we should have a healthy cushion before half. I do agree we can't take them for granted we have to play hard put the pedal to the metal and bury them as soon as possible.

Go!! Zags!!!

sheps001
11-29-2012, 04:50 AM
It's not the win that counts, we will of course. Its that everyone gets playing time.

titopoet
11-29-2012, 06:47 AM
I think it will a closer game at the start due to Old spice hangover, but the bigs wear down L&C and win easy. The shots don't fall early, but D and the frontcourt control they game/. Tomorrow, the board goes a bit overboard with questions about how tough are the Zags.

jazzdelmar
11-29-2012, 06:50 AM
It's not the win that counts, we will of course. Its that everyone gets playing time.

agree. hope to see fellas like hart, barnham, karno see plenty of time.

cjm720
11-29-2012, 08:20 AM
I expect a blowout and lots of minutes for our second team.

I hope to see 100% effort until the game's over, regardless of score.

bigblahla
11-29-2012, 10:00 AM
As the game doesn't influence our rpi does it count in our win total? Do the stats mean anything as far as NCAA D1 totals or do they just count for GU players and team seasonal totals or just disappear at the end of the game?

Anybody? Thanks.

Go!! Zags!!!

GoGU
11-29-2012, 10:57 AM
As the game doesn't influence our rpi does it count in our win total? Do the stats mean anything as far as NCAA D1 totals or do they just count for GU players and team seasonal totals or just disappear at the end of the game?

Anybody? Thanks.

Go!! Zags!!!

IIRC, the game counts as an exhibition for LCST, but not us. The win/loss will count towards our record, as will our individual stats. It does not count towards our RPI, so that helps. Lewis-Clark obviously has nothing to lose, since this game doesn't count toward their record.

jim77
11-29-2012, 11:27 AM
A 9-0 team VS a team with the flu....and a 3 point shooting team at that? I've had the flu so bad a few times that I couldn't have beaten my grandmother in Nerf Basketball. Just win Zags.

primal23
11-29-2012, 11:52 AM
A 9-0 team VS a team with the flu....and a 3 point shooting team at that? I've had the flu so bad a few times that I couldn't have beaten my grandmother in Nerf Basketball. Just win Zags.

So you are saying GU might have been nerfed with?

(Hope some get the reference lol)

hooter73
11-29-2012, 12:02 PM
agree. hope to see fellas like hart, barnham, karno see plenty of time.

healthy play for both sides but I want to see the 2nd string really get some respectable numbers up there.

Zag365
11-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Of course, I'd like the Zags to break 100 and hold L&C St. to 50 or less, but more importantly, I hope to see a relentless, methodical, take no prisoners effort. There have been years when the team seemed to play down to its opponents or not play with focus and confidence they should have. This year's club seems to be on a mission to play as well as it can every game. May it be ever thus.

b/t/w Haven't seen L&C St. play, but their record and description of their 3 pt. ability combined with motivation (esp. for local players) have me leery of counting this game as an automatic 30+ point blowout.

rawkmandale
11-29-2012, 01:18 PM
I think our depth will wear on LCSC in the second half, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them within 10 at the half, depending on if they can hit a decent percentage of shots. I would guess 90-45 as the final score.

rennis
11-29-2012, 02:09 PM
This year's club seems to be on a mission to play as well as it can every game. May it be ever thus.

*ding*

I'll take "Killer Instinct, AKA, What The Fans Have Been Clamoring For" for $2,000 Alex.

ION, Their 9 wins are impressive. Their loss to Montana is less so. Zags would throttle Montana. Transitive Property application to sports is always a no-no, but I don't care.

FlyZag
11-29-2012, 02:27 PM
I'd like to see the Good Guys hold the Bad guys below 50 pts.

My prediction:

Bulldogs: 93
Warriors: 48

Baseline
11-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Gu 81
LC 62

Kelly emerges as a permanent force which is key to a deep run and Bell starts shooting.

zagapotomus
11-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Zags - 147
LCSC - less than 147

That should get us back to #1 in ppg!

DixieZag
11-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Anyone know why we scheduled this game?

Doesn't seem to have any upside and we could have scheduled a weaker D1 team (like UW) we could have played Idaho, same amount of travel involved or Montana if we wanted a game. Maybe we tried and just couldn't find a match for this particular date and didn't want that many days off.

Anyone know?

Zags by 10 at half

Zags by 28 by end.

Oregonzagnut
11-29-2012, 02:57 PM
I want to regain the #1 scoring spot. 147 pts would do it. Not that it matters in the least to the big picture but I still like the idea about creating a team that is statistically a Top 5 team even if we are not ranked top 5.

Power rankings and statistical analysis is huge when the selections are made for seeding.

zagapotomus
11-29-2012, 03:00 PM

Doesn't seem to have any upside and we could have scheduled a weaker D1 team (like UW) we could have played Idaho, same amount of travel involved or Montana if we wanted a game. Maybe we tried and just couldn't find a match for this particular date and didn't want that many days off.

Anyone know?

I think it was mentioned in a different threat, but as I understand it, NAIA teams don't impact our RPI while a game against a weaker D1 team would drop our RPI.

bballbeachbum
11-29-2012, 03:06 PM
would be great to see the Zags in a defense other than that zone when David is on the floor, and to play it effectively. maybe a good matchup for him M2M tonight? I don't know tonight's matchup at all, but Mckillop and his troops really exposed that 3 guard zone D seemed to me. some kind of effective changeup to that defense with David on the floor would be good to see. in the Davidson game I don't believe David ever returned after that bam bam bam of 3s Davidson laid on that defense

FlyZag
11-29-2012, 03:17 PM

Anyone know?

Zags by 10 at half

Zags by 28 by end.

Few mentioned on the radio that they tried to schedule some other teams in this spot, but they backed out. Playing an NAIA team wasn't his first choice but said it doesn't impact our RPI.

kclubfounder
11-29-2012, 03:57 PM
They played Portland tough. REALLY tough.

So, I suspect the coaches have made the players aware of that fact. We are playing a home game for the 1st time in almost 2 weeks.

I think we'll be focused and fired up.

So, I predict a BLOWOUT.

93-58

kclubfounder
11-29-2012, 04:00 PM

So, I suspect the coaches have made the players aware of that fact. We are playing a home game for the 1st time in almost 2 weeks.

So, I predict a BLOWOUT.

93-58

I just re-read the thread and noticed the OP predicted the EXACT same score. I swear I picked my score all by myself. But I wonder if my subconscious pulled those numbers for me.

Strange.

FlyZag
11-29-2012, 04:05 PM

So, I predict a BLOWOUT.

93-58

That was a different Lewis & Clark...

Ours is from Lewiston.. Lewis & Clark state college

LongIslandZagFan
11-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Warriors - 138
Zags - 40

Now that the superstition is out of the way....

Some of you are probably too young to remember the low budget 1979 cult classic movie "The Warriors". But one line sticks out in the minds of anyone who has seen it... and is apropos for tonight.

Warriors.... Come out to play. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2312941173447863684)

zag buddy
11-29-2012, 04:52 PM
What I would really like to see is for the bigs, Sam expecially practice kicking the ball out all night instead of shooting over smaller guys. Sam can also practice his rebounding. I don't think we will need points tonight from our bigs so let's practice some parts of their game they would like to strenghten

ZagaZags
11-29-2012, 10:19 PM
GU 104
LC 57
And stay UNDEFEATED!