PDA

View Full Version : davidson forum

allnet59
11-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Some good reading material on their forum during the game. Had me LMAO with some of their remarks about Kelly and Karno. Some nice things to say about our Zags as well.

Nevtelen
11-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Where is their board? I'd love to congratulate them on a well played game. Maybe the best ball I've seen this year on both sides.

allnet59
11-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Just goggled Davidson men's basketball forum

dnj116
11-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Where is their board?.

Here. (http://www.davidsoncats.com/viewforum.php?f=2)

allnet59
11-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Just a couple references from their forums on Kelly as head band boy and ugh Olynyk shoots 3's ????? And another one for Karno as Sasquatch boy as well. Enjoyed reading their quotes after the game. Some nice stuff about our team as well.

Vanzagger
11-25-2012, 07:49 PM
those guys are good. Some of the best ball movement I can remember. Smallest guard is 6-3.

I can see these guys making a run again. Good Luck!

thespywhozaggedme
11-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Some good reading material on their forum during the game. Had me LMAO with some of their remarks about Kelly and Karno. Some nice things to say about our Zags as well.

Link?

jim77
11-25-2012, 07:52 PM
There are some funny quotes on their board.

They are a High IQ basketball team. They are also a bit short handed with injuries....and players not quite 100%. They throw one of the biggest punches in college BB for a team their size...tough just like their coach. The game could ave gone either way. I hope we don't play them again cause they are gonna be even nastier in March. Duke is gonna have its hands full....I will have to mark that game on the calendar.

ZagNative
11-25-2012, 08:17 PM
That's a classy board, with great fans. I liked this post (http://davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?t=16562&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=315):

Come March, I expect to see the Zags in the Elite Eight, if not the Final Four.

I was hoping we'd get to put in our only Washington native son, freshman Jake Belford. He looked poised to come in at the end of the first half, and I thought that perhaps Bob would put him in at some point in the second half to absorb some of the fouls, if for no other reason. Would have liked to have seen him banging around with your front court players!

I don't feel bad at all that we lost to the Zags at this point in the season. The Zags will blow out many good teams before March, and we hung with them and made a game of it until the final five minutes. Besides, as has been commented several times over the last few days and alluded to ad nauseum by Franschetti and the ESPN guys, our programs are so similar in philosophy (both academic and athletic) that I'd rather lose to Gonzaga than any other non-conference opponent.

As I drink my post-game nip of Scotch, I offer the following toast: "To the rise of the mid-majors! May we slay many a BCS giant this season, and for seasons to come!"

ZagsGoZags
11-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the link.
it was fun reading them
on the whole they are a responsible board
I thought
giving us credit where it was due,
not getting too bitter when they thought some fouls went against them
and providing hilarious humour about KO and Karnage

TheZagPhish
11-25-2012, 08:39 PM
That's a classy board, with great fans.

Like friendly neighbors. The community is one more reason that it's a treat to play Davidson.

gmo
11-25-2012, 08:44 PM
My favorites from the In-Game thread...

"Upset alert: gonzagas fans are older and whiter than ours"

"How is this team only ranked #17??"

"pain-gos"

"Harris is one of the best players I've seen in a long time."

Dogtownkid
11-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Enthusiastic, literate, funny. Not bitter.

Martin Centre Mad Man
11-26-2012, 01:50 PM
I really like the community of Davidson fans. Their fans are like the program. The school seems to really care about maintaining an honorable program with good students who play hard and smart. The fans, like the players and coaches, really represent their school in a positive light when they go on the road. They are enthusiastic, but sportsmanlike. I wish those players well going forward. I would not want to be the BCS league team who draws them in March.

IrishZagFan
11-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Couple of other good posts from the In-game thread, very funny and insightful:

that lob to harris was a criminal offense. he's indicted for that in many jurisdictions

Great defense makes great offense look not good.

Ugh. Olynyk shoots 3s?

unwritten rule. Elias Harris gets 4 steps

I have just seen the worst call I have ever seen.
answer:
clearly you haven't watched any NFL games this season

i'm hatin on that olynyk cat. hate. no like.

PLEASE cover Pangos, good Lord.

And the best quote of the thread:

This Gonzanga team is good.

Bogozags
11-26-2012, 04:18 PM
That's a classy board, with great fans. I liked this post (http://davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?t=16562&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=315):

ZN, THANKS this was a great read!