• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

The question of the day is

CAN THE ZAGS DEFEND THE 3 PT SHOT?

Unlike most of the teams that we have played so far this year, Davidson can really shoot the 3 pt shot, and for this reason they are very dangerous. Davidson is unique because all five of their shooters on the floor can shoot the 3 pt shot. In past years, Gonzaga has had a difficult time guarding the 3 pt shot. Is this team different? That is the test the Zags face today. Davidson also moves the ball from side to side much the same way Gonzaga does. They are good passers.

The Zags use multiple defenses, and I believe they will keep Davidson off balance, as they have done to every team so far this year. I'm sure Davidson will score more than 50, but Im hoping they score in the 60's. The pace will be up-tempo so Gonzaga should score 80. Davidson has not impressed me defensively, and I feel strongly that they could have a difficult time containing Gonzaga's offense. The Zags must be on from the outside today.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • willandi
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

I think we need to pound it inside. We have a huge front line, with amazing depth. They will lose some of the starting 5 for stretches of the game, maybe even a foul out or two. Much easier to defend the 3 when you limit the number of 3 shooters on the floor.
    KP, GBJ, Edi, Hart, Drangs will patrol the perimeter, and force them to try and stop our bigs.
    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• MickMick
      Zag for Life
      • Apr 2007

Zags can defend anyone in the OOC except for Marcus Smart and they won't see him until Dec 31.

Smart will shoot over the top of Pangos/Stockton and we may have to put Edi on OSU's point guard on the defensive end.
      I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• titopoet
        Zag for Life
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by MickMick View Post
        Zags can defend anyone in the OOC except for Marcus Smart and they won't see him until Dec 31.

Smart will shoot over the top of Pangos/Stockton and we may have to put Edi on OSU's point guard on the defensive end.
        I like Smart, but in Bell, we Zag fans believe.
        ----
        Why not try Love Poems. They work to prime the pump.

Comment

• bostonzagfan
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Oct 2011

maybe dranginis's length will come into play tonight.

Comment

• HenneZag
            Zag for Life
            • Aug 2012

I hope so...

I have rewatched most of the games the ZAGS have played on DVR...and there has been alot of missed assignments for our perimeter D...luckily opposing teams haven't shot all that well...we can't have those lapses tonight against Davidson cause they will hit those open looks, and we do not want them to catch fire beyond the arc. Now lets hope we can catch some fire behind the arc, we are due for a lights out shooting performance.
            America's Team!

Comment

• MickMick
              Zag for Life
              • Apr 2007

This game is about second chance points.

Zags can match from the perimeter shot for shot, but they don't need to and Few doesn't want them to. They will work it inside with the half court game if Davidson will not let them run. I expect that is what Davidson's good coach will do.
              I miss Mike Hart

Comment

Working...
              X