• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zag buddy
    Banned
    • Dec 2007

Two centers drafted in the same year from the same team

Has any team ever had two centers drafted in the same year? That could happen to us either this year or next. What a recruiting tool. Yes I do have my loverly rose colored sunglasses on. The7y feel just fine and I can definately see this happening. Just to support my thoughts, Bob Knight had the insight to agree with me when he stated that Kelly would definately be drafted. Happy thanksgiving to all.
  • Baldwinzag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

What? Who?

Not saying I disagree, yet please elaborate...
    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• zag buddy
      Banned
      • Dec 2007

Kelly and Karno

Comment

• sittingon50
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Close, but no cigar

Sven Nater was Bill Walton's back-up at UCLA. Never started a game.

Was picked # 16 overall in '73 (not bad for a sub)!!

Walton was the #1 pick in '74.
        But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
          Banned
          • Feb 2007

Dale Davis and Elden Campbell from Clemson.

Comment

• MDABE80
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Collins Twins...Stanford 2001.

Comment

• bigblahla
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Trying to rush Shrek out the door already. I would be very surprised if the Karnovore leaves before Pangos and wouldn't be surprised if he stayed all four years. It's not always about the money and believe it or not loyalty still means something to some people. He'll get his bucks when he goes, right now he's learning and looks to be having the time of his life.

Go!! Zags!!!
              Last edited by bigblahla; 11-22-2012, 08:06 AM.
              "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• zag buddy
                Banned
                • Dec 2007

You guys amaze me with the knowledge you have. Thanks

Comment

• Vanzagger
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

red shirt
                  Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

Comment

• willandi
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

Lopez twins, also from Stanford? I know Brooks was taken, and still plays, just think that I remember that Robin was also taken. But don't twins count as one? LOl
                    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• nonzagzag
                      Kennel Club
                      • Mar 2007

yes, both lopez twins were taken in the 1st round and are still playing -

wasn't there 2 big guys from Kentucky taken a couple years ago - one of them barely even played at Kentucky?

Comment

• Baldwinzag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I have a feeling...

it will be up to Karnowski. To go or not to go...

NBA drafts on potential, especially post players, and PK has more than any other true Freshman Center in NCAA right now, imho.

fwiw, he's ranked as the Top Center prospect on Int'l boards for his age group.

After he tears up WCC comp and continues to play solidly off the bench, he'll garner 1st Round consideration -- this season.

No way we keep Karnasty more than 2 years, which is why our recruiting of BIGS in the next year & half is HUGE.

Scary and most likely scenario: Dower, Elias, Olynyk, Karnowski will all be gone after next season(E after this year of course). Book it.

I'm not sure Ryan Edwards(small town MT) and Meikle(6'8", 180 lbs) are going to fill those big shoes.

We have a lot of work to do this off-season. Either way, enjoy this moment, b/c in 2014, no matter how you cut it, our backcourt will be seasoned/experienced and our entire Frontcourt will be Freshman and/or RS's and/or transfers.
                        Last edited by Baldwinzag; 11-22-2012, 09:21 AM.
                        “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• godfamilycountryzags
                          Redshirt
                          • Jan 2012

[QUOTE=Baldwinzag;830243]it will be up to Karnowski. To go or not to go...

NBA drafts on potential, especially post players, and PK has more than any other true Freshman Center in NCAA right now, imho.

fwiw, he's ranked as the Top Center prospect on Int'l boards for his age group.

After he tears up WCC comp and continues to play solidly off the bench, he'll garner 1st Round consideration -- this season.

No way we keep Karnasty more than 2 years, which is why our recruiting of BIGS in the next year & half is HUGE.

Scary and most likely scenario: Dower, Elias, Olynyk, Karnowski will all be gone after next season(E after this year of course). Book it.

I'm not sure Ryan Edwards(small town MT) and Meikle(6'8", 180 lbs) are going to fill those big shoes.

We have a lot of work to do this off-season. Either way, enjoy this moment, b/c in 2013, no matter how you cut it, our backcourt will be seasoned/experienced and our entire Frontcourt will be Freshman and/or RS's and/or transfers.[/QUOT

I assume you mean 2014. As good as the backcourt should be 1-3 with 3 seniors and KD a junior, do you believe just solid bigs who rebound, defend and make the easy ones will be enough for a long run in the NCAA's. Zags have had a great run of impact foreign bigs, but not so much with USA players. EH, KO, SD and PK to replace the next 2 years. That's a ton of talent, can Few do it? Time to worry later, for now I am enjoying the start of a great season.

Comment

• hooter73
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jun 2008

"Two centers drafted in the same year from the same team"

I stopped smoking ### on the holidays a long time ago... right now we have exactly zero NBA players on our roster

Comment

Working...
                            X