PDA

View Full Version : Kelly starts? Ask Franchilla

Zerogame
11-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Not sure this has already been posted;

Fran Fraschilla @franfraschilla
Keely Olynyk in starting lineup for Zags at practice today. No surprise. Sam Dower had made 68 straight appearances off the bench for GU.

jazzdelmar
11-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Not sure this has already been posted;

Fran Fraschilla @franfraschilla
Keely Olynyk in starting lineup for Zags at practice today. No surprise. Sam Dower had made 68 straight appearances off the bench for GU.

great sign that KO may be all we have heard and that SD comes off the bench w instant O as he is best suited to do.....

ldszagfan
11-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Wow, here's to hoping that all those rumors of Kelly being the best big on the team are true. Excited to see him in action!

CDC84
11-21-2012, 09:07 PM
As I have been saying, Sam's days as a center were numbered. It just makes zero sense to have him paired with Harris.

madness
11-21-2012, 10:26 PM
As I have been saying, Sam's days as a center were numbered. It just makes zero sense to have him paired with Harris.

Yes and Dower+Karno as a second team will be deadly

SteelZag
11-22-2012, 04:35 AM

As they have been already. Both can light it up in a hurry. I can totally envision those two coming in and the Zags immediately go up by a dozen before opposition can call time out.

LongIslandZagFan
11-22-2012, 05:05 AM
Sam should be Harris' backup and gets the 4 spot to own next year.

cjm720
11-22-2012, 06:28 AM
Makes sense to me! So excited to see KO bang!!

thespywhozaggedme
11-22-2012, 06:37 AM
Our front court depth is ridonkulous. As is our backcourt depth and our wing depth.

jazzdelmar
11-22-2012, 07:04 AM
Our front court depth is ridonkulous. As is our backcourt depth and our wing depth.

let's hope we don't drown in our depth......generally, imo, you would rather have three supers and a group of good players than nine or ten very good players.....

gu03alum
11-22-2012, 07:14 AM
let's hope we don't drown in our depth......generally, imo, you would rather have three supers and a group of good players than nine or ten very good players.....

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcmpymy8q41qmwf8q.gif

Reborn
11-22-2012, 07:48 AM

Jazz, I think as we get into games that are alot tougher we'll see our superstars rising to the top of this group, and the roles of the supporting cast will become more defined. What some players can do against weaker opponents often can not be done against tougher teams. I was, however, very surprised to see how the Zags destroyed WVU, which I thought would be one of the tougher teams that Gonzaga would play this year.

It will be interesting to see how tough the teams in the OSC are. Will Gonzaga roll over these teams in the same way that they did against WVU? Gonzaga has been running their offense with a precision that is so uncommon in the early part of the season. The passing has been sharp and crisp, most of the time. And the defense has been extremely aggressive and effective in forcing turnovers.

I liked what Dan Dickau said about how important it is to win tournaments. I'm so excited to see if we can win the Old Spice Classic....

Go Zags!!!

hooter73
11-22-2012, 09:43 AM

agree.