Clemson's Coach talks Gonzaga (in preview article)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baldwinzag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Clemson's Coach talks Gonzaga (in preview article)

Click on link below to view Video at lower left of article.

really worth a watch -- a terrific video preview by Coach Brownell & a couple player towards the end of clip.

Young Tigers' gauntlet begins with Gonzaga in Orlando

The Bulldogs average a nation-best 94 points per game and are a darkhorse Final Four contender.

They play quickly, which could cause concerns for Clemson’s defense.
    “They’re a difficult matchup,” Brownell said. “So many guys can score that it’s hard to key on one area. They can shoot, they have big post players, experience, depth, great defense. They do a good job of mixing up their defense with a little man, zone, pressing. The guys are very smart, well-coached, in good positions, physical big and strong. It’ll be a great opening game for us to see where we’re at in relation to one of the better teams in college basketball.”
    GREAT quote!

“Scoring will be an issue,” he said. “I don’t know if we have the consistency offensively to be a really good team. I’m anxious to see if our defense can be as good as it needs to be. It’s better than our offense right now. Playing Gonzaga, you’re going to find out how good you can guard with the things they do in certain situations.”
    “What this will do is let some young guys on our team know just how good some teams and players can be,” Brownell said. “If you’re a young guy, sometimes you don’t understand how good everyone can be. This will be a true test from that standpoint.
    More in the Link below.

http://www.orangeandwhite.com/news/2012/nov/21/young-tigers-gauntlet-begins-gonzaga-orlando/
    Last edited by Baldwinzag; 11-21-2012, 02:23 PM.
    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.
  • 229SintoZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Clemson

Clemson has a special place in my heart. It was the Zags' win over then 5th-ranked Clemson in the Top of the World Classic in Alaska in 1997 when Santangelo was just a windy boy and a bit with the Zags that served notice on the college basketball world that Gonzaga was on the move and to be reckoned with going forward.

Comment

• HOOTER
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

“What this will do is let some young guys on our team know just how good some teams and players can be,” Brownell said. “If you’re a young guy, sometimes you don’t understand how good everyone can be. This will be a true test from that standpoint."
      It sounds like Brownell is looking at this game as more of a learning experience than an opportunity to get a win against a quality opponent.

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2008

One thing is for sure, the Zags are gonna get every opponent's best game when the whistle blows.
        "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• ZagNative
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Thanks, BaldwinZag. Appreciated the video link especially.

Comment

• kitzbuel
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 229SintoZag View Post
            Clemson has a special place in my heart. It was the Zags' win over then 5th-ranked Clemson in the Top of the World Classic in Alaska in 1997 when Santangelo was just a windy boy and a bit with the Zags that served notice on the college basketball world that Gonzaga was on the move and to be reckoned with going forward.
            Ditto

I still remember seeing that score and thinking 'Wow, they might be good'.
            'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
            - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• HenneZag
              Zag for Life
              • Aug 2012

Great video

Clemson Coach giving us a ton of respect, and showing a lack of confidence in his team, kinda playing it down.

Clemson is going to come out hard and give us all they got just like every team we face. I still believe this will be the toughest test we have faced so far.

One more day!
              America's Team!

Comment

• Bogozags
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                Thanks, BaldwinZag. Appreciated the video link especially.
                +1

Comment

Working...
                X