PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Chat Mentions

Law Zag In Training
07-30-2007, 01:42 PM
With Joe Lunardi:
Brendan (Spokane): Fran, do you think Mark Few is doing the right thing be allowing Josh Heytvelt back on the team?

Joe Lunardi: (4:34 PM ET ) I'm not Fran (Franscilla), but I do have an answer for Brendan: We have absolutely no reason to believe than Gonzaga -- as a school and as a program -- wouldn't do the right thing in this case. It's not what they're about (if it were, Heytvelt might have been rushed back last season when the 'Zags were truly on the bubble).

Hieu (Portland, OR): What are the chances of a WCC team not named Gonzaga making the big dance? I would guess somewhere around 5%.

Joe Lunardi: (4:44 PM ET ) I'd give Saint Mary's a 10 percent chance and the rest of the WCC similar odds. It happens

[Not about Gonzaga but nice to know we get excluded]:
John (Charlotte, NC): So is Davidson really the best mid-major, non-Gonzaga as you say? Why?

Joe Lunardi: (4:56 PM ET ) Davidson, Southern Illinois, and Butler are all contenders in this category. VCU and Western Kentucky will be very good, and we should at least mention Akron -- which was actually the biggest post-season snub in years (from the N.I.T.) last season.

**From Mid-Majority Writer Kyle Welliston:
Hieu (Portland, OR): Admit it, you're not answering my WCC questions because you've stopped paying attention to the WCC since Gonzaga has taken over.

Kyle Whelliston: I love the WCC, especially now that the dissipation of Gonzaga assistant coach talent means that the league should be more even-keeled this year. I wouldn't be surprised if San Diego comes along and takes it. What was your question?

[I am Hieu in these questions, btw -- and I recognize that my questions aren't exactly original]

former1dog
07-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Good stuff, LZIT, I give it 5 stars.

:)

Akzag
07-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Joe Lunardi: (4:56 PM ET ) Davidson, Southern Illinois, and Butler are all contenders in this category. VCU and Western Kentucky will be very good, and we should at least mention Akron -- which was actually the biggest post-season snub in years (from the N.I.T.) last season.

It's worth noting that not only Butler, but also Western Kentucky will be participating in the GAS this November. I'm thinking that they will get two wins in the tourny, with one of those being either Michigan or Texas Tech.

Butler Guy
07-30-2007, 04:30 PM
"I'm thinking that they will get two wins in the tourny, with one of those being either Michigan or Texas Tech."

I'm thinking that one of those teams will be getting four wins. :)

Side Note: I was kidding, I think Gonzaga beats Butler this year, but at the same time I don't think there is another team in the field within 6 points of Butler. Hopefully they don't mess this up and put Butler and Gonzaga in the same bracket.

If they set this thing up correctly, they'll have a barn-burner on their hands with the two Bulldog teams for the championship.

MickMick
07-30-2007, 05:31 PM
"I'm thinking that they will get two wins in the tourny, with one of those being either Michigan or Texas Tech."

I'm thinking that one of those teams will be getting four wins. :)

Side Note: I was kidding, I think Gonzaga beats Butler this year, but at the same time I don't think there is another team in the field within 6 points of Butler. Hopefully they don't mess this up and put Butler and Gonzaga in the same bracket.

If they set this thing up correctly, they'll have a barn-burner on their hands with the two Bulldog teams for the championship.

Hey you got the win last year...don't concede anything.

On another note:

For all the turmoil that the GAS has gone through, a final equal to last year's NIT final would help the event gain back some luster. At least in my opinion.

sittingon50
07-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Depending on the few games each team gets before the GAS, I gotta' believe that Vegas would make you the favorites.