• Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

GU vs USD Game predictions and other thoughts

GU 83
    USD 54

I'm sorry this thread wasn't posted earlier. I thought I had posted it on Friday, but I must not have hit the send button. Anyway! I hope to see more of the same: good passing, up tempo, good rebounding, great 3 pt shooting.

I hope to see more scoring from Pangos and Harris. And also hope to see progress from PK and Dower, especially Dower.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • Zag@LMU
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2011

I hope to see Harris, Pangos, and Bell come out on fire early an get us a huge lead. Up 25 at half. Then let the reserves come in and showcase our depth. Zags win by 44, 94-50.

Also, I expect to see 6 or 7 players put up double figures. And please no injuries.
    "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• MickMick
      Zag for Life
      • Apr 2007

Can GU continue to force turnovers at such a high clip?

In the early season, teams tend to be more sloppy, but I don't think this is the entire reason that GU is forcing so many turnovers.

GU transition game thrives on turning the opponent over. This is how Edi gets his scores. This is why Edi leads the team in scoring. In other words, if GU doesn't force turnovers, Edi becomes less of an offensive factor.

There will be games where GU does not force turnovers at such a high clip. This is when you will see Pangos, Bell, and Karnowski assume more of a scoring load. Until then, Edi will be our offensive juggernaught, sprinting down court, and receiving those transition passes.
      I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2011

If Few doesn't reign in the horses at the 30 minute mark, we will win by 36. Our average so far. But TBH, even if Few reigns in the horses, the 3rd string horses he puts in still play hard. Even our 3rd team (Barham and Moose) can beat up on teams so as long as woever is on the court plays their best, we will continue to blowout teams.

This is what we need to do in order to prove we are top 10 or a top 1-2 seed, not just Dance worthy and get a 5-9 seed.

BTW, Stockton is leading the team in assists at 4.5!! and I also find it funny that all the articles say we jumped to a 15-2 lead against WVU and never looked back. The truth is we jumped to a 17-2 lead!
        “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• Goshzagit
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Oregonzagnut View Post

BTW, Stockton is leading the team in assists at 4.5!!
          well, technically, he's tied for the lead in assists. Kevin Pangos also is avg 4.5 assists per game. however, one of them is leading the team in TO's at 3.0 per game, while the other has committed just 1 TO total in 2 games. not raining on anyone's parade, just clarifying...

Zag Roadrunners - 82
          Wily Coyotes -- 41

Comment

• ridgebackzag
            Kennel Club
            • Jan 2009

I want to see our PGs passing first and shooting later. This will create space and allow them to score as a subsidiary to the rest of the team.

Comment

• MDABE80
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Karno MUST get in shape. Like to see that. I hope Kevin and Gary continue to shoot 50% (or more) from 3.

Comment

• FlyZag
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Nov 2007

I want to see NO injuries & good defensive effort.

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2011

One glaring weakness

Free Throws!!!

60%? When was the last time we were lower than that? Even in 2009-10 we were 66%. But since Few came in, Gonzaga averages about 72% as a team.

I hope those first 2 games were just outliers. We may need each free throw if we ever have close games.
                  “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

Working...
                  X