PDA

View Full Version : G.l.e

GUnawinit
11-17-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm sure it's been mentioned, But EDI's gon'na be a season / game changer for GU. Just as Hart, but with an all around game...

I'm a huge Dower fan (as far as some stepping up), but this kid looks beyond improved and the weight room hasn't hurt.

Where does a fan start when it comes to, whom it will be this year...the sleeper which takes GU over the top.

Did anyone notice Kelly O being well, passive on the bench? Last year I watched as he was all over the bench..getting the team pumped!

What gives...if I'm seeing it right?

primal23
11-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Harder to be enthusiastic when you know you could be on the court but can't because of something you did.

Oregonzagnut
11-17-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm sure it's been mentioned, But EDI's gon'na be a season / game changer for GU. Just as Hart, but with an all around game...

I'm a huge Dower fan (as far as some stepping up), but this kid looks beyond improved and the weight room hasn't hurt.

Where does a fan start when it comes to, whom it will be this year...the sleeper which takes GU over the top.

Did anyone notice Kelly O being well, passive on the bench? Last year I watched as he was all over the bench..getting the team pumped!

What gives...if I'm seeing it right?

I agree on all points. Also, since Kelly was officially on a redshirt last year, he could be a free assistant for the team AND a bench cheerleader. But alas, now for him to do any of those things while he hurt the team would be hollow. It is best for him to stay low key, look remorseful (Im sure he is) and be a spectator like the rest of us.

Dower is slow to get in the shooters "zone". If Dower is going to start I would thin he should start strong. But I think he deserves to start and give him 5 minutes to warm up and get into the flow. His slow start against WVU was understandable since it was so ugly, but he struggled early against SUU too. So I see this as one of Dowers little idiosyncrasies that really is not coachable. He will have to learn to focus earlier in pre-game warmups OR just accept he needs start shooting ASAP to find his groove.

With regards to Edi.......WOW! But every year Harris has some hurdle to get over to get back the attention he got as a freshman. This year more nagging dings and injuries PLUS competition from Edi for POY will make our team even stronger.