• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sittingon50
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Other Games 11-14-12

Whoa! Santa Clara up on St. Louis by 14 with 2:30 to go, on the road.

Cougs about to start.
    But we don't play nobody.
  • sittingon50
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Big win for SCU; SL is supposed to be good.

S.Dakota loses to Southern (ouch) in their 1st game of the year.

Cougs seem to be cruising early.

USD in a tight one with N. Kentucky, early.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

santa clara looked really good...they have a lot of offensive firepower

Comment

• Baldwinzag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

as most have been saying this off-season, SCU will be vastly improved, if not Top-4 in WCC...maybe higher...

They return their Top-10 scorers, the entire team, not to mention their best player/glue guy/versatile forward...

Foster, Roquemore, Trasolini, Cowels III, a couple raw, newer, yet athletic bigs have all returned and back on track this season...those 3 have been Zag "killers" at one time or another...

it was just two seasons ago they nearly took 2nd place in the WCC with essentially the same players they return from suspensions, injuries, red-shirts...lest we forget they had the Top-ranked recruiting class in the WCC in 2010?
        “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• sittingon50
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Keating is a tool but very nice win for the WCC.

Comment

• sittingon50
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

USD Video Link

Comment

• Baldwinzag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

kind of a side note on 'other games'

why am I never that impressed with Creighton?

I know I should be based on all the pre-season hype, Top-15 ranking, top-ranked Mid-Major, etc, yet just like last season, I don't see a Top-15 squad from top-to-bottom. I just don't.

Yes, Doug McDermott(Coach's son) is a working man's All-American player and very impressive shooter, hustler, unbelievably soft touch, and really a fantastic rebounder for his position, yet seems to really overwork himself for points. Grant Gibbs is a very solid lead guard, court vision is special, and has strong handles, yet unable create for himself.

w/o a doubt they are a smart team, pretty efficient, and feature solid bball players all around. I respect and admire their team/programs, but I view them as overrated, much like last season.

They did not win their conference and fizzled in NCAA Tournament, which can happen to the best of 'em, but I wasn't the least bit surprised after watching many of their games...

Honestly, I view Creighton as a poor-mans St Mary's. I think the Gaels are a good comparison overall, except I think SMC is better & would win by 10+.

Long story, medium, but I'd love the opportunity to face them and notch a Top-15/10 type win.
              “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• HenneZag
                Zag for Life
                • Aug 2012

Kevin Foster

If Foster stays out of trouble, and healthy he is always a guy that scares me. He can go off in any game. Santa Clara beat a good team tonight that was right outside the top 25 and Foster lit em up: 30 points, 5 ast and 7 steals....

Santa Clara will play spoilers this year to some teams in the WCC, LMU also has the talent to do so, and San Diego is an up and comer that could challenge some teams...WCC is improving.
                America's Team!

Comment

• MickMick
                  Zag for Life
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Baldwinzag View Post
                  why am I never that impressed with Creighton?

I know I should be based on all the pre-season hype, Top-15 ranking, top-ranked Mid-Major, etc, yet just like last season, I don't see a Top-15 squad from top-to-bottom. I just don't.

Yes, Doug McDermott(Coach's son) is a working man's All-American player and very impressive shooter, hustler, unbelievably soft touch, and really a fantastic rebounder for his position, yet seems to really overwork himself for points. Grant Gibbs is a very solid lead guard, court vision is special, and has strong handles, yet unable create for himself.

w/o a doubt they are a smart team, pretty efficient, and feature solid bball players all around. I respect and admire their team/programs, but I view them as overrated, much like last season.

They did not win their conference and fizzled in NCAA Tournament, which can happen to the best of 'em, but I wasn't the least bit surprised after watching many of their games...

Honestly, I view Creighton as a poor-mans St Mary's. I think the Gaels are a good comparison overall, except I think SMC is better & would win by 10+.

Long story, medium, but I'd love the opportunity to face them and notch a Top-15/10 type win.
                  I'm with you. This is McDermott hype run amok. He certainly is one of the best players in the nation. He certainly can't carry the team on his back for an entire season.

For the second game in post season, I would love for GU to draw this team as opposed to other potential teams in that slot.
                  I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• MickMick
                    Zag for Life
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by HenneZag View Post
                    If Foster stays out of trouble, and healthy he is always a guy that scares me. He can go off in any game. Santa Clara beat a good team tonight that was right outside the top 25 and Foster lit em up: 30 points, 5 ast and 7 steals....

Santa Clara will play spoilers this year to some teams in the WCC, LMU also has the talent to do so, and San Diego is an up and comer that could challenge some teams...WCC is improving.
                    Foster has lit up GU in the past. I'm not sold on their coaching.
                    I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Ekrub
                      Zag for Life
                      • Dec 2009

I'm sour on Gibbs since he was mocking the trick shot video on twitter, so I've gone from rooting for them to also thinking they are overrated

Comment

• HenneZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Aug 2012

Inconsistent

Santa Clara has alot of talent on there roster but seem to lack consistency, Like you Mick Mick I am also not to fond of there coaching.

I remember when Foster went off on us...we have some players that will disrupt him...GB, and perhaps Hart can rattle him as well.
                        America's Team!

Comment

• sittingon50
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

USD comes back @ home to beat a N. Kentucky team picked to finish 10th & last (Lindy's) in the Atlantic Sun. That would have been a brutal loss.

Anxious to see attendance. Awful.

Comment

• sittingon50
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Cougs beat Utah Valley by 23. Good stat: only 5 TO's.

Comment

• jimmy b
                              Kennel Club Material
                              • Oct 2007

Keating

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                              Keating is a tool but very nice win for the WCC.
                              Still coaching Santa Clara after closing out last year with 18 STRAIGHT LOSSES ?

wow

But a good win tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X