PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner Cable

SanDiegoZag
11-14-2012, 02:21 PM
So I just switched over to Time Warner in order to add the Pac-12 Network.

I know that Time Warner only has the four Regional Fox Sports channels (Pacific, Atlantic, Central, and another one) and doesn't have the individual territory channels (i.e. Fox Sports NW, or what is now Root Sports NW).

Are all Gonzaga games still almost assured to air on one of the four Regional Fox Sports channels, or has this been the case in the past? I know it was nice to have Root Sports NW and be certain that it would air, but as an out of market subscriber will this still be the case for me?

I think I heard that Time Warner and Gonzaga or the WCC came to some sort of an agreement, so maybe Time Warner is now the one provider with the guarantee to have ALL Gonzaga games now?

Anyone able to provide any clarity on this?

Thanks so much!

229SintoZag
11-14-2012, 02:50 PM
This falls into the cart-horse category of inquiries.

You should have first answered this question, then decided, based on the answer, whether or not to switch to TWC.

What do you do to watch Zags games if the answer to your question is no? Then what?

LongIslandZagFan
11-14-2012, 02:56 PM

I know that Time Warner only has the four Regional Fox Sports channels (Pacific, Atlantic, Central, and another one) and doesn't have the individual territory channels (i.e. Fox Sports NW, or what is now Root Sports NW).

Are all Gonzaga games still almost assured to air on one of the four Regional Fox Sports channels, or has this been the case in the past? I know it was nice to have Root Sports NW and be certain that it would air, but as an out of market subscriber will this still be the case for me?

I think I heard that Time Warner and Gonzaga or the WCC came to some sort of an agreement, so maybe Time Warner is now the one provider with the guarantee to have ALL Gonzaga games now?

Thanks so much!

I don't think anything has changed... ESPN owns all national broadcast rights of WCC teams. Whatever deal they may have worked out would be limited to regional broadcast rules on cable. Best as I can figure is that it is a conference level agreement similar to the Zags past contract with fox sports.

SanDiegoZag
11-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Well, to be honest, I'm one of those hated Coug/Zag fans... A Wazzu alum who grew up in Spokane as a huge fan of both.

I felt pretty confident that the Zags will get plenty of games on one of the four Fox Sports Regional channels (not to mention the games on the ESPN networks). In comparison, I probably wouldn't get to see any Coug games without picking up the Pac-12 Network...

This falls into the cart-horse category of inquiries.

You should have first answered this question, then decided, based on the answer, whether or not to switch to TWC.

What do you do to watch Zags games if the answer to your question is no? Then what?

ZagaZags
11-14-2012, 03:50 PM

Thanks so much!

You are going to miss alot of Zag games not having ROOT. DTV will have TW and Pac 10 network at some point.

ZagNative
11-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Just tweeted:
TWC SportsNet ‏@TWCSportsNet

We're excited to announce that we have reached an agreement with @DirecTV to carry #TWCSportsNet and @TWCDeportes.

229SintoZag
11-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Just tweeted:

Excellent. I now have my answer on whether to stick with DirecTV or not at my new place.