PDA

View Full Version : OT - Calipari accuses Duke of flopping

CDC84
11-14-2012, 08:26 AM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2012-11-14/duke-kentucky-coach-john-calipari-flopping-comment-coach-k

He wouldn't be the first coach to do this.......

Baldwinzag
11-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Did anyone notice Kevin Noreen's horrendous flop/flail off Karnowski? AND the maddening part, it was called! I about lost it, yet just laughed after the replay. I've seen 4 or so players be warned in the NBA this season for far less...

It was obviously part of the game plan as it was PK's 4th foul (I have a feeling many teams will be going after him exclusively -- such a big target underneath).

After watching those refs on Monday whistle touch and/or phantom fouls on PK, I'm tremendously concerned about WCC refs and their odd ordeal with punishing/targeting bigger, more physical players in our Conference.

23dpg
11-14-2012, 10:11 AM
OT - I'm accusing Calipari of being a D-bag. He is the poster boy for the ugly underside of college basketball.

Also, karma got Noreen on the next possession. He fouled out.

Zag4Hire
11-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Definitely not a Coach Cal fan in any regard but I truly miss the late season Gonzaga-Memphis tilts. Those were some of the most intense and hard fought games. I definitely sweat off a few pounds and crushed a few beer cans during those bouts.

titopoet
11-14-2012, 11:10 AM
OT - I'm accusing Calipari of being a D-bag. He is the poster boy for the ugly underside of college basketball.

Also, karma got Noreen on the next possession. He fouled out.

I agree with you about Cal. But I agree with Cal about the Duke boys acting demonstrations. Duke flops if you just ate garlic bread.

On Noreen, he should have been thrown out of the game. Not for flopping, but for desecrating the name of William Shatner and his school of over acting. The false pain he showed as he went down made him look like a slow motion dying scene for Saving Private Ryan.