PDA

View Full Version : Coach Few

Zag4Hire
11-14-2012, 04:23 AM
Had a pretty lengthy discussion with some sports fans yesterday and I cannot think of a more rocky time for sports icons than in recent years. A great number of sports heroes have shown to be frauds, criminals, liars, etc.

After the discussion, I took stock of sports teams that I follow and I just wanted to say I cannot think of a better coach right now to support than Coach Few. Both him and Marcy are truly great role models for children, students, and adults alike. Few also embodies a true professional demeanor and a dedication to his craft that has helped to escalate a small northwestern Catholic university's basketball program to the upper echelon of college basketball powers. Not only that, Coach Few and his great staff (both current and past) have done things the right way, placing emphasis on success both on and off the court. Just want to take a moment to applaud both him and Marcy. Also of note, Coach Kelly is doing a phenomenal job with the Lady Zags as well.

Zaglaw
11-14-2012, 04:36 AM
Very well stated. I agree with all you said. I think the entire athletic department does it right. Mike Roth has to get some credit for that, too, along with the coaches in other sports and all of the staff.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
11-14-2012, 04:42 AM
Hi,

not to bring it exclusively back to hoops but Coach Few is overdue for a trip to the Final 4 in my opinion. He deserves it more than any coach in the country. He has paid his dues and now its time for him to collect. Wishing him luck this year in providing us the quality leadership we need to get there. I have confidence he can make the tough decisions that will give us fans the ride of our life!

Thx
Val :)

hooter73
11-14-2012, 07:53 AM
For all his faults I don't think he's ever bit an opponents ear off or needled up on his bicycle. :p

Quality is why I like Gonzaga, it starts at the top and trickles down from there.

McZag
11-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Wow! Great Post!

Zagtana
11-14-2012, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE=hooter73;827077]For all his faults I don't think he's ever bit an opponents ear off or needled up on his bicycle. :p

And, plus, Coach Few has not ever, in a fit of rage, thrown a chair across the court floor. Seriously, we are so fortunate to have Mark, and his coaching staff.

mobetta
11-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Even for the teams that can recruit the top players in the country, the so called one and dones, it can require more than just talent to get to the final four. Luck in seeding, luck in lack of injuries, peaking at the right time, and other factors prove how hard it can be to get there. The best teams only get there a handful of times over decades.

The consistency that Gonzaga and Few have shown over the last decade plus will make it even sweeter when we do get there. No one will be able to say that we got there on just luck or talent or recruiting. When we get there, all of the hard work and patience will have paid off. Even more than in the past, people will respect our program. It will be a joy for all of us.

Is this the year? More than ever before, it looks like maybe. But, don't set yourself up for disappointment. It appears that we have a team that is good enough to make the final four this year. But, amongst the 10-20 teams that appear good enough, only 4 can make it. We'll still need to peak at the right time, we'll still need some luck. Nevertheless, congratulations all of you Zags, we are already in the discussion this year. That alone is an accomplishment. Enjoy the ride!!!!