PDA

View Full Version : Other Games thread

sittingon50
11-13-2012, 06:56 PM
X handled Butler easily. Didn't see that coming.

BYU beats Georgia St.

zagabond
11-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Great Danes take down Huskies.

ZagNative
11-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Great Danes take down Huskies.Wow. Albany 63, Washington 62

VinnyZag
11-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Great Danes take down Huskies.

I had a good belly laugh when I saw this result. It's Albany's first ever win against a BCS team.

zagamatic
11-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Wow. Albany 63, Washington 62

Hahahahahahahaha. Last year it was south Dakota state. Do ya suppose Romar is gettin a litt le nervous?

UKWildcatsFan
11-13-2012, 08:14 PM
I had a good belly laugh when I saw this result. It's Albany's first ever win against a BCS team.

Whoa.

Pargo the Destroyer
11-13-2012, 08:23 PM
It's that "national" schedule. Paying huge dividends so early in the season.

whatazag
11-13-2012, 08:30 PM
They took dawgman subscription only..disappointing. So much for the joy of checking out their board meltdowns.

Zagdawg
11-13-2012, 08:48 PM
They had an idea about how the season was going to go and took down the free site to save themselves the embarrassment and ribbing they are going to get from the competition.

Angelo Roncalli
11-13-2012, 08:49 PM
They had an idea about how the season was going to go and took down the free site to save themselves the embarrassment and ribbing they are going to get from the competition.

229 drove them to go subscription. :)

sittingon50
11-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Which vacation destination/cereal company/charitable foundation forced LoRo to take such a rigorous game on his own homecourt so early in the season?

The NIT's job should be to protect it's charges!

sittingon50
11-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Pep falls to Cal.

The dawns beat a team that I can only guess is named Cal.St. East Bay in front of 942 frothed up fans.

sittingon50
11-13-2012, 09:44 PM
UC Irvine misses 2 FT's with 3 seconds to go in a tie game with ucla. Overtime comin'.

zagamatic
11-13-2012, 09:47 PM
UC IRVINE is taking UCLA to overtime shooting 9-19 from the charity stripe, outrebounding UCLA, and frankly should have won goin away in regulation havin missed at least 7-8 bunnies at the rim. Hoping UC IRVINE pulls it out

ZagNative
11-13-2012, 09:58 PM
too bad. UCLA escapes with a one-point lead at the wire.

zagamatic
11-13-2012, 09:58 PM
UCLA wins by way of a no call by the refs by one point. UCLA in no way,shape or form deserve to be ranked. This is the second game I've watched of theirs and they quite frankly aren't that good.

CDC84
11-13-2012, 11:40 PM
UCLA's ranking is based on what the media thinks they would be like with Shabazz. Well, it was determined before the Indiana State game that Shabazz is ineligible, but the media failed to account for this. They aren't a top 25 team without him.

bartruff1
11-14-2012, 04:35 AM
X handled Butler easily. Didn't see that coming.

BYU beats Georgia St.

It is very unusual for a Mid Major Progam to stay in the top 25 for more than 5 years or so. (The list is long, including SU and USF)

They caught lightning in a bottle with a couple future NBA players and some people assumed that they could reload at that level.

In the future, I will be suprised if they make more than a rare trip to the NCAA.

IMHO of course, based upon last year, their move to the A10 and the one game I have seen this year.... and the history of how difficult it is for a small school to compete at that level.

I hope I am wrong and I am very excited about Gonzaga going to that historic venue to play a good progam with maybe a great coach.

Baldwinzag
11-14-2012, 05:15 AM
It is very unusual for a Mid Major Progam to stay in the top 25 for more than 5 years or so. (The list is long, including SU and USF)

They caught lightning in a bottle with a couple future NBA players and some people assumed that they could reload at that level.

In the future, I will be suprised if they make more than a rare trip to the NCAA.

IMHO of course, based upon last year, their move to the A10 and the one game I have seen this year.... and the history of how difficult it is for a small school to compete at that level.

I hope I am wrong and I am very excited about Gonzaga going to that historic venue to play a good progam with maybe a great coach.

I dunno BR, actually I'm pretty impressed with Butler's lineup this season, even in a loss. Not many games Rotnei Clarke will go 1/8 from 3pt and the team 4/18 from perimeter. The Dunham kid, who was Top-100 and heralded as the 'best shooter in 2012 class' also couldn't hit the broadside of barn last night.

Point is, Butler shot very poorly and Xavier isn't has bad as some projected, not even close, especially since they feature a Top-5 type recruiting class this season. (three 4* & one 5* player). The Muskies scored 117 in their 1st game and took it to Butler defensively.

fwiw, Xavier also handled West Virginia with ease in their closed scrimmage earlier this year.

Butler has athleticism up front, size in the middle, a pair of elite-level shooters, and some dynamic combo-guards at the wing. They are kinda missing a true-floor general PG and Rotnei is manning the position for now, yet he's like Dower playing Center -- out of position.

However, I still feel Butler will have a solid season and could surprise some folks with their upcoming games vs Indiana, Marquette, Gonzaga?.

They have proven guys on the roster, well coached, and have a feeling they didn't take Xavier as seriously as they should have and players seemed uninterested -- they were on their heels all night long.

I think Butler responds in a big way.

bartruff1
11-14-2012, 05:33 AM
And that freshman guard is a keeper. I really enjoy watching them play, but I will be pleasantly surprised if they can finish 4th and make it to the NIT. One thing for sure (I think) Brad will get the best out of them and they will be tough at Hinkle.... I am really looking forward to that game.

Baldwinzag
11-14-2012, 05:45 AM
And that freshman guard is a keeper. I really enjoy watching them play, but I will be pleasantly surprised if they can finish 4th and make it to the NIT. One thing for sure (I think) Brad will get the best out of them and they will be tough at Hinkle.... I am really looking forward to that game.

+1

That's gonna be a fun one...ESPN Gameday to boot!

http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/It+s+gonna+be+some+fun+on+the+bun+_4b01588540ced36 bd4c3ea7dd9193891.jpg

Zag4Hire
11-14-2012, 05:58 AM
"What? I thought we were the purple team not the gold team?!"

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/3200799/20120327_ajw_ag9_763.0_standard_352.0.jpg

NotoriousZ
11-14-2012, 07:41 AM

This, I believe, will go down in the "bad loss" column on Selection Sunday.

Could be another banner year for UW's multi-million dollar recruiter. Wonder if they're thinking about getting a coach yet?

cjm720
11-14-2012, 07:52 AM

Sports radio, KJR, is going bananas over this one. hahahahahaha

cjm720
11-14-2012, 08:15 AM
From here: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/20973721/night-court-so-tuesday-was-pretty-much-awesome

Oh, and god, that's just a hideous loss: Washington lost ... to, wait, who?

Make no doubt about it, this one's worse than Miami's. Albany went into Seattle and did the Huskies, 63-62. It's a brutal loss to an America East team that I'm not sure will finish in the top half of its conference. And yet, is Washington doomed to be one of the worst in the Pac-12 this year? You could argue this is the biggest upset of the young college basketball season. This is what you get for instituting lame Twitter policies, Washington. Karma. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/20967005/washington-sets-limit-on-amount-of-tweets-from-credentialed-media

TacomaZAG
11-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Another downside of this latest Huskies debacle is that the ZAGS can't schedule the Huskies now, even if they agree to a true home & home. Our RPI can't take the hit, even if we blow them out by 25, at HecEd.

OUCH.........Not a good day on Montlake.

Go ZAGS

Zagdawg
11-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Yes-- they are limiting the number of tweets the media can send from a husky game because they want to cut down on the amount of bad publicity from the media they expect to get for the year.

They are calling it the "Save Romars Job" campaign.

"Todd Dybas@Todd_Dybas

Also, tonight I was reprimanded by the University of Washington for tweeting too much during a live event."

sittingon50
11-14-2012, 09:53 AM
TacomaZag reminded me. As much as I would like to see the Zags beat the huskies (badly) every year, let's stick with the Southern Utah's of the world.
Better for the Zags profile.

FlyZag
11-14-2012, 10:35 AM
BYU looked good against Georgia state

Baldwinzag
11-14-2012, 10:41 AM
BYU looked good against Georgia state

ditto.

they looked terrific.

just a better team than last year, b/c their guard play has improved substantially.

Carlino, Zylstra, Haws, et al are a formidable, smart, good shooting backcourt. Davies at PF is like having a poor man's Amare Stoudemire in College and their Center of the week are all skilled, as always.

gonna be some epic battles with those Cougars.

primal23
11-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Yes-- they are limiting the number of tweets the media can send from a husky game because they want to cut down on the amount of bad publicity from the media they expect to get for the year.

They are calling it the "Save Romars Job" campaign.

"Todd Dybas@Todd_Dybas

Also, tonight I was reprimanded by the University of Washington for tweeting too much during a live event."

Can't keep things under a sheet for long anymore. Specially when it smells as bad as UW.

DCZag
11-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

All I can say......

229SintoZag
11-14-2012, 01:59 PM
229 drove them to go subscription. :)

You're all welcome.

sittingon50
11-14-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm not gonna' pay just so I can get banned shortly thereafter.

You've ruined it for me!

:mecry:

Kiddwell
11-14-2012, 06:21 PM
WSU vs. Utah Valley on PAC-12 Network.

Go, Cougs!

:]

FlyZag
11-14-2012, 06:29 PM
SCU wins big @ St. Louis. Nice win for the WCC